Mounting your FX Light Saber to the wall?

thinkgeek has these for $19.99

e03d_lightsaber_stands_parts.jpg

ThinkGeek :: Vertical Wall Mount for Star Wars Force FX Lightsabers

Apologies for bumping this thread but I have found an alternative way to wall mount sabers and I wanted to share it with you.

Firstly, take one Ikea 'Ribba' Picture ledge, UK price £8.50
RIBBA Picture ledge - 115 cm - IKEA

Then a bag of clip over 28mm plastic white pipe clips at £2.98 a bag
PlumbSure Clipover Pipe Clips 5Pk (For 28mm Pipe), 0000003892725

The result is this:

ScreenShot2014-01-03at153518_zps1429985e.png

I left my husband to the drilling and Yoda's clip is a little low for my liking so I'll have to move that up over the weekend. The Ribba Shelf has a high front which enables clips to be mounted to the front of it and the Darth Maul Saber fits perfectly along it's length (disclaimer, this is the cheap Maul saber, not the MR one, still on the hunt for an MR one). Originally I was going to use a little dowling glued into the shelf to give the sabers a little extra protection but the shelf isn't in danger of getting bumped there and they are quite stable so I've not bothered for now.

I'm now on the hunt for a wall sticker of some type to go behind the sabers. :)

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this but need some help. I tried mounting my lightsaber with the small clear hooks as others have used. It only lasted a few days on the wall before it fell. I cannot say i am surprised as the clips are marked as only rated for half a pound. I messages andyoda; to see if he is selling the mount he made but for now, does anything else have a better idea? I really don't want to spend the $25 bucks on the vertical stand from ThinkGeek.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back