The Following with Kevin Bacon

So Kristen is still watching this (which pretty much means I am too) and seeing the first couple of episodes of Season 2 reminds me why I stopped watching Season 1. More pretty-boy/girl models who can't act, pretending to be psycho. Look, I don't expect Christian Bale but still... this is just sad and terrible. If they continue to focus on these people, like they did with the menage last season, I'll be out again.

And in four short episodes, I am pretty much done with this show. Just not interested. The writing is atrocious, the social commentay is annoying, and the shock value is wearing off very quickly. This had so much potential. What a shame.

we're in the same boat.
Started watching, loved the idea, loved KB...but after a few episodes we started with the ummm's.
By the time it got to the episode where the house was revealed and the gobbs of followers living there - umm...we quit watching.
Shame too - it started so well.

The wife and I are in the same boat. To me, they're glamorizing the psychos and continually make every level of law enforcement look incompetent and inept. Almost every episode last season we would sum up within the first 5 minutes. Ohh, those psychos sure are smart, the police are so stupid and they're not attractive either like the psychos. It got old .... fast.

The first episode of this season was just lather and repeat. The kid (kids? iunno) playing the psycho twins was SO ripping off Bale it wasn't even funny.
At the end, when they revealed the obvious, that Purefoy's character was still around, we both completely checked out.
In typical fashion, it will probably get 8 more seasons. :facepalm

Last edited:
Ugh, just watched the latest episode and I'm officially done with this show. Lead crazy is still alive, daughter kills her own mother (who saw that coming) and of course, the quasi love interest turns out to be a nutbar as well. Same tired crap they did last season.

I hope Fox makes tons of money glamorizing psychotic killers. I won't be a part of it anymore.

The first season was interesting, but as soon as they brought Joe back in the second season (which I kinda thought they might do since you didn't see the body), I rolled my eyes HARD and figured "This is just gonna get stupid."

I may catch it when it's on Netflix and I'm finding a lull in TV shows, but I haven't bothered watching it at all this season and kinda don't think I will. It's just...gotten silly.

I will say that I've always found Poe to be rather pedestrian a choice as an inspiration for serial killers in stories, simply because it's the stuff you read in junior high. But I thought that they handled Joe's obsession with him quite well. But him surviving the explosion of the boathouse with ZERO scar tissue (from what I saw)? That's just flat-out silly.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back