Thinking about buying a storm trooper outfit

gt350pony66

Master Member
I know this thread is collecting dust, but I got a question...been thinking about buying a storm trooper outfit and there's a lot out there and prices are all order the board. What's the best value for the money and doesn't look like cheap crap? Also, which is the most complete? There are some that appear to be missing items...
thanks to anyone who picks this up and throws me some info

I know this thread is collecting dust, but I got a question...been thinking about buying a storm trooper outfit and there's a lot out there and prices are all order the board. What's the best value for the money and doesn't look like cheap crap? Also, which is the most complete? There are some that appear to be missing items...

Lots of options out there dude. I have an RS which I LOVE to bits and would never part with. Most accurate ANH available but was missing a couple of parts. But those parts are made up with fan sculpt peices. Mine is like Simons original having some peices doubled up. For example 2 right forearms. Best out there in my opinion and a fantastic group of guys and girls. Cast from Simons original ANH suit too.

Troopermaster makes a fan sculpt that looks dead on too.

Gino has a ANH hero suit not missing any parts that I really envy but you can't get that one so I wouldn't list it as an option.:( 100% perfect suit to the movie though.

AP makes a great suit too. Great price and very well made.Reverse engineered ROTJ back to ANH and looks fantastic.

If you like ROTJ then CFO makes a very accurate rendition of that suit from the old Cam Oakley Molds.

So to me I'd pick one of the above and depending on price and how accurate you want it make that choice. ;)

Ben

Last edited:

Anovos has their TK kits on sale this weekend for 20% off...

Sean

Good morning Sean,

Thanks for that info, I had looked at those before, and again yesterday. I saw that they were 900 w/o soft goods, and 1100 with. Is that the sale price?, or do they do the discount after you've created an order? If so, 880 would be very acceptable. I recently bought a helmet (else where) and then decided I wanted the whole deal. I sent them a question, could the suit be purchased without the helmet but have not yet received a reply. If I can find out those particulars I would likely pull the trigger this weekend. Anything you may know would help.

Thanks again

Ross
Anovos has their TK kits on sale this weekend for 20% off...

Sean

Thanks so much for the info, much appreciated. I also got a reply from Masterjedi322, he said Anovos was on sale this weekend for 20% off. I had looked at those previously and it appeared to be what I could afford and the quality seemed good. You don't happen to have any further info on those do you?

Many thanks,

Ross
Lots of options out there dude. I have an RS which I LOVE to bits and would never part with. Most accurate ANH available but was missing a couple of parts. But those parts are made up with fan sculpt peices. Mine is like Simons original having some peices doubled up. For example 2 right forearms. Best out there in my opinion and a fantastic group of guys and girls. Cast from Simons original ANH suit too.

Troopermaster makes a fan sculpt that looks dead on too.

Gino has a ANH hero suit not missing any parts that I really envy but you can't get that one so I wouldn't list it as an option.:( 100% perfect suit to the movie though.

AP makes a great suit too. Great price and very well made.Reverse engineered ROTJ back to ANH and looks fantastic.

If you like ROTJ then CFO makes a very accurate rendition of that suit from the old Cam Oakley Molds.

So to me I'd pick one of the above and depending on price and how accurate you want it make that choice. ;)

Ben

Thanks so much for the info, much appreciated. I also got a reply from Masterjedi322, he said Anovos was on sale this weekend for 20% off. I had looked at those previously and it appeared to be what I could afford and the quality seemed good. You don't happen to have any further info on those do you?

Many thanks,

Ross

Anovos is fantastic for the price. Pretty sure they recast RS armor to get theirs.Helmet has a lot of overcleaned up areas but the armor looks good.

Ben

Many thanks,

Ross

I have a built Anovos kit. They are pretty good and 501st approvable if you're headed that route. Things to watch out for are the armor is thin in a few areas and the strapping system isn't the best.

505A1248-1000-4D9A-B8F1-82DC1B351285.jpeg890B6222-D641-4D04-B73B-DBDEC0C68CB1.jpeg0D74F531-CF64-4A88-9647-9C4E440B1876.jpeg

Well, the set is ordered, but they didn't have soft goods available :unsure I sent a message to the support desk asking if when they get stock in, would they still honor the discount, and I noted my intent to buy said goods, in my order. I got a reply from a gal named Kiley...she said I could ask when the stuff is available, but don't count on it. :(

I got my Anovos armor set, I have to say I'm not thoroughly impressed with it. I guess you have to cut the pieces from the flash, not a big deal I guess...but it just looks like cheap Chinese crap. The helmet is a total POS. The parts of it don't fit well together and I'd totally have to take it apart, sand or file to fit and reassemble, AND redo the paint work on it. It's sloppy and doesn't got to the edges it should. and even paint lines go further than they should in places, particularly the black ribbed section in the lower front, way off. now, the Disney helmet I got for 75 bucks on Amazon needs padding and a chin strap, and modifications to the nose piece (as I read in the reviews) but...it looks like a real trooper helmet. Anyone have any helpful comments or recommendations? Also, I did send a message to Anovos expressing my concerns...twice. No reply.

I dunno, have you any experience with other armor kits? This is about as good as any of them. And the helmet was only slightly idealized, so the fit is going to seem wonky. That is accurate to the props.

Well, perhaps I set my expectations too high, and no, I have no other experience with these. Perhaps I should shut up and make the best of it. :unsure
I dunno, have you any experience with other armor kits? This is about as good as any of them. And the helmet was only slightly idealized, so the fit is going to seem wonky. That is accurate to the props.

When you first lay eyes on the armor the way it should be, then yes it's an eye opener but it's how it should be. As for price, well I paid good money for an RS kit ages ago. But what I was paying for was not the plastic itself or even the labor pulling the peices. I was paying for thier lineage.The fact that it comes from an original set of ANH armor and the fact they took the risk of casting a delicate piece of history worth countless hundreds of thousands of dollars. As for the Anovos it's correctly made to the original although cleaned up. They look great when your trooping in them. So the armor is as it should be and an example of what you'll get from others. :)

Ben

Thanks for the encouraging words, I was just a bit shocked. I'll knock it all together. I've got the skills and I'm sure it will all look great once assembled. I'm not going to use the crappy helmet though. I'll use this Disney unit and do what I can to doctor up the Anovos bucket and relegate it to shelf display only. And as far as the soft goods issue, I don't intend to spend 200 bucks on that with Anovos. I figure to acquire the neck seal from the place in GA, maybe the gloves and hand armor. But then I'm thinking Dick's Sporting Goods will have some long sleeved black athletic stuff and well as pants. stuff that breathes. The boots, I'll shop around. It'll be all good.:thumbsup So, I'm done complaining now:)
When you first lay eyes on the armor the way it should be, then yes it's an eye opener but it's how it should be. As for price, well I paid good money for an RS kit ages ago. But what I was paying for was not the plastic itself or even the labor pulling the peices. I was paying for thier lineage.The fact that it comes from an original set of ANH armor and the fact they took the risk of casting a delicate piece of history worth countless hundreds of thousands of dollars. As for the Anovos it's correctly made to the original although cleaned up. They look great when your trooping in them. So the armor is as it should be and an example of what you'll get from others. :)

Ben

Thanks for the encouraging words, I was just a bit shocked. I'll knock it all together. I've got the skills and I'm sure it will all look great once assembled. I'm not going to use the crappy helmet though. I'll use this Disney unit and do what I can to doctor up the Anovos bucket and relegate it to shelf display only. And as far as the soft goods issue, I don't intend to spend 200 bucks on that with Anovos. I figure to acquire the neck seal from the place in GA, maybe the gloves and hand armor. But then I'm thinking Dick's Sporting Goods will have some long sleeved black athletic stuff and well as pants. stuff that breathes. The boots, I'll shop around. It'll be all good.:thumbsup So, I'm done complaining now:)

All good man. :)I remember first laying eyes on TE's original cast of his ANH helmet. It was around 2002 and nobody thought all the stunt helmets were HDPE and all bumpy and s$&t. We just thought there was 6 prototypes like this and all the rest were gorgeous ABS and smooth. I remember thinking WOW a 2 year old has made this crap. It was just shocking. People wanted thier money back and it forced TE to smooth out his molds to please people. Fast forward a few years and people realised it was accurate and wanted nothing less.

Trust me you'll enjoy building it (take your time.)and when it's done and you're trooping it will put a big smile on your face ;)

Ben

Thanks again for the positive stuff, I'm feeling much better about it. Looking forward to putting it together. I have a 2012 black GMC Canyon with 6 inches of lift and the Denali wheels that look similar to the Imperial standard, A reflective Imperial symbol on the right of the back window, a Vader silhouette sticker on he left...reflective letters in the middle, "you rebel scum" , in SW script (made those my self) and my lic plate says, "VEYDER" the correct spelling was taken already :angry...but I'm going to drive around with that suit and helmet on, at least on Halloween, should be quite a hoot! :lol I may even hook up an old CB radio and a PA speaker and pipe the Empire March through it LOL :lol Gonna be fun...till I get pulled over :eek
All good man. :)I remember first laying eyes on TE's original cast of his ANH helmet. It was around 2002 and nobody thought all the stunt helmets were HDPE and all bumpy and s$&t. We just thought there was 6 prototypes like this and all the rest were gorgeous ABS and smooth. I remember thinking WOW a 2 year old has made this crap. It was just shocking. People wanted thier money back and it forced TE to smooth out his molds to please people. Fast forward a few years and people realised it was accurate and wanted nothing less.

Trust me you'll enjoy building it (take your time.)and when it's done and you're trooping it will put a big smile on your face ;)

Ben

Hahaha that's awesome mate. ;)

Ben

Thanks again for the positive stuff, I'm feeling much better about it. Looking forward to putting it together. I have a 2012 black GMC Canyon with 6 inches of lift and the Denali wheels that look similar to the Imperial standard, A reflective Imperial symbol on the right of the back window, a Vader silhouette sticker on he left...reflective letters in the middle, "you rebel scum" , in SW script (made those my self) and my lic plate says, "VEYDER" the correct spelling was taken already :angry...but I'm going to drive around with that suit and helmet on, at least on Halloween, should be quite a hoot! :lol I may even hook up an old CB radio and a PA speaker and pipe the Empire March through it LOL :lol Gonna be fun...till I get pulled over :eek

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back