Tantive IV?

Goodtime

I'm sure this question has been asked many times for many years but why has not a single commercial kit manufacturer ever produced a kit of the Tantive IV? The ships ranks pretty high as being one of the most iconic ships in the Star Wars universe. It also ranks high on the wanted list of almost every Star Wars kit builder.
You would think both Bandai and Revell would have jumped all over this by now.
Instead, we get the same ships produced in multiple scales over and over again.
I just don't get it.

I agree. I guess it's just not as iconic as the sure-to-sell-big others. There's an excellent miniature version of it available for the X-Wing Miniature Game.

Attachments

• ffgswx22_1_1__69481.1514333046.jpg
    ffgswx22_1_1__69481.1514333046.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 146
Apart from resin kits, there were only two "commercially" produced subjects that I am aware of

the old Kenner electronic one. It was fairly decent for the time, but has some bad proportion issues overall and would require a good amount of work to accurize it more. Somewhere around 1/350 scale maybe

the Fantasy Flight Games one for the X-wing game. (maybe somewhere between 1/450 scale?)

That is quite good in both detail and proportions and many people have turned it into quite a good model by disassembling it and lighting it etc...

I have both if you are interested in pics

It would be incredible if Bandai or Revell did a decent size kit (it could realistically be done in 1/350 or 1/500 scale without being any larger than many of their current kits)

I have the X-wing miniatures one. It comes prepainted and the paint job is decent. I know that there are a couple of slight inaccuracies in it, but it's a fraction of the cost of any garage kit of it I've seen.

The X-wing miniatures model is quite nice. I'm not sure why, but as far as I know no one has ever quite got the proportions just right on any small-scale replica Runner.

I have the toy Blockade Runner from Revenge of the Sith. I doubt its very accurate. Plus, it opens up with a playset inside. So yeah, and nice realistic and accurate one would be good. Theres always scratch building one.

I have the X-Wing Gaming replica and it is a pretty good representation- enough to get me by until Bandai decides to kit a similar scale one (which may be never- a Mecha mini kit looks more likely).
The CR-90/Tantive IV has the same problem a lot of great Star Wars ships have- aside from the ISD nobody seems to want to produce a Capital Ship. We get the fighters and figures galore, but no love for the big ships.
I also have the X-Wing Gaming Rebel Transport- it is also very well done (well molding wise- the pain job is horrible but an easy fix).

It looks like the X-Wing game Blockade runner was just re-released. It was in the $200 + range for a while on Amazon. Now it's $89.

That sounds about right. Throughout much of 2017, it was in the $150 to $200 range

For a long time it was in the $60 to $80 range when it came out and there was lots of stock

Current MSRP on it is around $96 so that is at least close to what you would find it for in many brick and mortar gaming stores. Many online stores can afford to sell cheaper

The problem is that it has some upgrade cards and tokens people use for the game and for a while I think it may have been scarce because of that driving up the price

At any rate, I had my local gaming store order one for me to avoid the $200 nonsense.

If anyone is looking for one and you can't find it online, look in any gaming shop where they play 40K or other table top games and you will be likely to find one

Hurray! The slow boat from China finally arrived.

Yeah, I guess everyone finally got new stock

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back