Brian Muir Vader Helmet

mwells

Can anyone tell me more about the Vader helmets that Brian Muir sells? Does he make the himself? Does anyone have pics other than the one on his website? Is it from ANH molds? How accurate is it? I am thinking about getting one but can not find much info on it.
Thanks?

Can anyone tell me more about the Vader helmets that Brian Muir sells? Does he make the himself? Does anyone have pics other than the one on his website? Is it from ANH molds? How accurate is it? I am thinking about getting one but can not find much info on it.
Thanks?

When I met Brian, he explained that he acquired I believe an original cast, but he said he had to modify it a bit. It was quite awhile ago, but that's what I do remember. Very passionate about it

Thanks?

I purchased one of his helmets and I met with him as well for him to sign it.

He said that the helmet is from the original mold. He used the same sculpting tools that he carved the original helmet with to sharpen some of the details on the new master. There are some fine sculpts out there to be sure but for me at least, it doesn't get any closer to original than this.

RS Propmasters in the UK handles the production/finishing services for him.

I've taken pictures of it but so far am not happy with them and don't want to misrepresent his work. I'm close to having some professional lights so I can shoot it and do it justice.
Lenses and light can do a lot to distort the lines and geometry of helmets. I'll post when I can.

I can tell you that it's an outstanding piece of art. The details of the original are all there and the paint work is phenomenal even down to the bit of black paint on the right silver tusk.

DETAILS:

I purchased mine early and received #4 after Brian and the two gents at RS PM got #s 1-3. It's the heart of my collection and am lucky enough to have gotten the autographs of Brian and David Prowse on the interior of it. I also had a plaque made and asked James Earl Jones to sign that as well.

DV plaque.JPG

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all if you pull the trigger.

I actually didn't realize it was derived from an original mold. I thought it was a totally new sculpt by him. Interesting!

Awesome! Thank you! How does the dome attach to the face mask?

It attaches using the post to ring mount system. So, the post portion protrudes up from the top of the face mask and inserts into a ring coming down from the interior top of the dome.
The post portion is hollow and is somewhat ring-like in it's own way.

Hope this makes sense. Again, I'll do my best to get some snaps up soon.

P.S. Brian is a very nice and gracious man. It was an honor to meet both he and his wife. Good people.

I can't speak to the helmet but I am glad to hear he is "in the right" on this helmet unlike some others we know...

When I met him last year he was so gracious and kind. I was admiring his work and honestly really awe struck in front of him and he just asked a lot of questions about my costume (I was Captain America) and told me some great stories about working on that set and design work of his. He seemed so genuine and a fan himself. Glad to hear others have had that experience too.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back