Jurassic World

I was looking forward to this more than anything else this year or the next but sadly was not impressed by what I saw on the trailer. There are a few things that made me drop the high expectations I had for this. I, like some, would've loved a cameo, but only because I like the characters of JP that much. And Laura Dern is indeed lovely.

Ellie was in part 3, wasn't she?
Yes. Small part.

Hey they might bring 'Kelly Malcolm' in being she would be lil older but not lookin 'too old'. maybe she gets enough courage to come to the park or maybe Hammonds grand kids as some random parent talking to their kid before a big GMO Dino breaks through a Verizon store at that park LOL

Here is what I'm not getting....

We see a Great White Shark being fed to the Mosasaur right?
Where is PETA? Great Whites are an endangered species.....you'd think there would be protests over this.

That being said, HUGE JP fan and I'm intrigued by the movie trailer.
But the genetically modified dinosaur....wasn't there a script floating around many many years ago about dinosaurs being used as assassins or something?
Worried this is too close to that and we'll see some crazy stuff going on that ruins it.

I know JP 1 thru 3 are not accurate to what we know of dinosaurs....but they were believable.
Here's hoping it's believable.

They probably grow and feed the Mososaur genetically cloned sharks.

Where is PETA? Great Whites are an endangered species.....you'd think there would be protests over this.

But the genetically modified dinosaur....wasn't there a script floating around many many years ago about dinosaurs being used as assassins or something?
Worried this is too close to that and we'll see some crazy stuff going on that ruins it.

I know JP 1 thru 3 are not accurate to what we know of dinosaurs....but they were believable.

So...anyone think that the only way to beat the Hybrid T-Rex, is for Chris Pratt to convince the other park folk to challenge the Rex to a dance off?

I'm almost positive this is something they will explain in the movie, likely between the kids in the audience when someone asks about it.

That was my first thought too. It may well work in the movie with the proper explanation, but for use in the trailer, not so much. Just visuals, I guess.

Once you can clone any animal, then no animals are endangered.

I don't know about that - survival of a species depends a lot on the needs of habitat and how it fits into an entire ecosystem. That's one of the most fascinating arguments that Malcolm brought up as to why bringing dinos back is such a bad idea.

Maybe if you got them well before they started to decline in numbers. But if you only had a few, it wouldn't really work. For instance, the Passenger Pigeon's survival depended on massive numbers (flocks of thousands) both because of the way they avoid predators and their breeding habits. You can't just clone and release a thousand birds...

I don't know about that - survival of a species depends a lot on the needs of habitat and how it fits into an entire ecosystem. That's one of the most fascinating arguments that Malcolm brought up as to why bringing dinos back is such a bad idea.

Maybe if you got them well before they started to decline in numbers. But if you only had a few, it wouldn't really work. For instance, the Passenger Pigeon's survival depended on massive numbers (flocks of thousands) both because of the way they avoid predators and their breeding habits. You can't just clone and release a thousand birds...

Why not, esp. when they're as small as a pigeon, you could incubate the eggs by the hundreds or more in a good sized warehouse, it would then be a matter of just coming up with a way of efficiently feeding hundreds of hatchlings. But I do get your point though.

A certain amount of genetic diversity is required as well. 1000 clones of the same two birds would not necessarily help the species out in the long run (from what I remember, been a while since I read on endangered species and population sample sizes).

Just hanging with his pet raptor...
B5FqqUkCEAA7nya.jpg

Say what you will, I like the idea of Chris Pratt leading a pack of trained raptors. I like it a lot. And it makes perfect sense with their portrayals in the films.

I think this movie looks like **** overall, but this is the one aspect I'm actually looking forward to.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back