Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

When I saw that the title abbreviates to TFA... the first thing on my mind was that there must already be a pr0n flick that is called The Fantom A***, but then I remembered that Phantom is spelled with PH and not F.

That was the Force That Had Just Rolled Out Of Bed. This is the Force That Has Had Its coffee.

Maybe chances aren"t too bad that we may get a sequel titled:

"The Force hates Mondays."

I'd like to see the thread title changed back to Star Wars Episode VII, pretty please.

When I saw that the title abbreviates to TFA... the first thing on my mind was that there must already be a pr0n flick that is called The Fantom A***, but then I remembered that Phantom is spelled with PH and not F.

Its a good job the title wasn't Some Force Awakens.

Maybe chances aren"t too bad that we may get a sequel titled:

"The Force hates Mondays."

I'd like to see the thread title changed back to Star Wars Episode VII, pretty please.

Agreed!!!! Change the thread title back.
I hate the Force awakens as much as I do Dawn of Justice. Where are these studios getting the titles from ???

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who don't like the title, when your in the theater, right before the movie starts, take your hand (does not matter which one) and cover your eyes, no peaking, once the music starts playing, wait a few seconds, you can peak a little right now, if the title has scrolled up sufficiently and you can see the scroll, you may now put your hand down (which ever one you used) and read the said scroll, just don't look toward the top of it, or you may see the title.

For those who don't like the title, when your in the theater, right before the movie starts, take your hand (does not matter which one) and cover your eyes, no peaking, once the music starts playing, wait a few seconds, you can peak a little right now, if the title has scrolled up sufficiently and you can see the scroll, you may now put your hand down (which ever one you used) and read the said scroll, just don't look toward the top of it, or you may see the title.

Exactly what I'll do :)

Reel

The title is ok, better than the B-movie vibe "Attack of the Clones" had - in the end for a good reason LOL

The title is ok, better than the B-movie vibe "Attack of the Clones" had - in the end for a good reason LOL

Yes, "Attack of the Clones" "The Phantom Menace"...really cheesy Titles. "Force Awakens" is right there with them. I mean c'mon, the classic 3 had great Titles.

Reel

Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Episode VIII: Jedi and Sith Do Brunch
Episode IX: Luke Dies at the End (Oops, Should We Have Said "Spoiler Alert?")

Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Episode VIII: Jedi and Sith Do Brunch
Episode IX: Luke Dies at the End (Oops, Should We Have Said "Spoiler Alert?")

More like...
EVII: The Force Awakens
EVIII: The Force has Coffee
EIX: The Force goes to work

:p

Reel

Could have been worse I guess, but still.

EP7: The Force Awakens
EP8: Balance of the Force
EP9: Force Into Sleep

Lets be honest, if the story is great, who is going to care about the title?

And as has been said already, if you only ever saw the titles and knew nothing about the films, NONE of the films would sound worth a crap.

Star Wars? Seriously?

The Empire Strikes Back? Oooh, scaaaary.

Return of the Jedi? All I can hear is Mark Morrison singing "Return of the Mack."

The Phantom Menace? Wasn't there a serial that MST3K lampooned called "The Phantom Creeps?" Yeah. I'm on to you, George...

Attack of the Clones? And now we've moved from Mark Morrison to Weird Al singing "I Think I'm a Clone Now."

Revenge of the Sith? Revenge? For what? I mean, like, who're they getting revenge on? Why are they taking revenge on anyone? This all sounds really stupid...

Agreed!!!! Change the thread title back.
I hate the Force awakens as much as I do Dawn of Justice. Where are these studios getting the titles from ???
Embrace it guys. I changed the thread title immediately so most get familiar with it from early on, no point running away from it now.

I am glad they won't be using the episode number in their poster promos just like the original trilogy and the numbering will be limited mainly to the opening crawl.

I agree that the other SW titles don't sound that great out of context. A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi may sound like great titles with such a close association with these movies, but I don't think they're great titles in their own right. Don't get me start on the prequel names, as they're not great titles even by association. :lol
I'm pretty indifferent on "The Force Awakens" at this point. Don't love it, don't dislike it either. Give me a movie to go with the title, and it may blend in just fine among the other SW titles. What's in a name? It's not a deal breaker for me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back