Daredevil (Netflix Series)

I don't understand why they are doing the ol' mask-bait-and-switch. Whenever he takes off the mask/helmet, every piece of cloth that covers up his ears and neck just magically disappears. Why do they have to do that? It bugs the crap out of me. Obviously, he has on a hood that the helmet goes over. What's the big deal with just having him remove the helmet and then pull the hood back?

But no, this maskie only covers half of his head, yet when he puts it on--boom--the whole rest of his head and neck is now covered.

Anyway, that's my only problem with it. LOVE THE SHOW!!! Just finished season 2. When's the next one start?

This bothered me too. Not that it deterred from the season at all, but I agree, seems a bit goofy to not just have Cox pull the hood back.

Waiting a year for next season is going to be torture.

I love this series so much, but the only character I can pull off to costume is Karen Page (easy wardrobe and my own hair, I'm not used to this); and I decided I must because Charlie Cox will be at Dragon*Con, and I have friends making the other costumes. When I'm with a group, I'll be recognizable, but I wonder what props would be best to make it obvious what character I am, any suggestions? All I can think of is file folders with legal documents; Union Allied, a copy of the Bulletin, and maybe Frank's head X-Ray. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Boy, that's a tough one.
Blood splattered hands from the first season?
A copy of the New York Bulletin?

daredevil-newspaper.png

I was thinking of the Bulletin. I actually found a graphic of the Season 1 Finale edition, I just have to figure out where to get newsprint printed and see if I can put together the back page. Daredevil-Collars-Fisk-NYB.jpg

a cast of Wesleys head with a bullet in it?

Maybe replicate a bulletin badge

Waiting a year for next season is going to be torture.

I love this series so much, but the only character I can pull off to costume is Karen Page (easy wardrobe and my own hair, I'm not used to this); and I decided I must because Charlie Cox will be at Dragon*Con, and I have friends making the other costumes. When I'm with a group, I'll be recognizable, but I wonder what props would be best to make it obvious what character I am, any suggestions? All I can think of is file folders with legal documents; Union Allied, a copy of the Bulletin, and maybe Frank's head X-Ray. Anyone have any other suggestions?

so im re watching season 1 and 2 already seen S1 3 times and S2 twice as i watch the lot the day its released (tank god it comes out on a friday so the wife can get up with the little one ;) ) i like to re watch for all the things I've missed.

Very excited to hear Punisher series has been confirmed but rather disappointing that there may be no season 3 :( as much as i enjoyed JJ and looking forward to the other shows DD is my second favorite Marvel character and i'd rather just watch season after season of daredevil i was hoping S3 would follow Born Again with a side plot about The Hand and Elektra and ending with DD taking over the Hand so we could get Shadowland in S4.

Heres hoping it is just delayed and not canceled.

so im re watching season 1 and 2 already seen S1 3 times and S2 twice as i watch the lot the day its released (tank god it comes out on a friday so the wife can get up with the little one ;) ) i like to re watch for all the things I've missed.

Very excited to hear Punisher series has been confirmed but rather disappointing that there may be no season 3 :( as much as i enjoyed JJ and looking forward to the other shows DD is my second favorite Marvel character and i'd rather just watch season after season of daredevil i was hoping S3 would follow Born Again with a side plot about The Hand and Elektra and ending with DD taking over the Hand so we could get Shadowland in S4.

Heres hoping it is just delayed and not canceled.

I highly doubt that Marvel isn't going to green light season 3. It just wouldn't be a good idea not to, considering how well it's done for them and the resounding fan love around it. Besides, S2 really set up an obvious plot line for the next season (i.e. Fisk taking a closer look at Matt's file, Matt telling Karen his secret, etc.) and I don't think they will focus on Fisk in the Defenders series, but I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, the Punisher series might get in the way of scheduling, extending the wait on S3, but I have high hopes it's in the pipeline.

Been just over a year since I finished this show. Just started on my second go 'round on it. Man, I had begun to almost forget how damn good this show is!! Why has Netflix's Marvel stuff just been steadily going down hill? It's like DD was so great and every show became increasingly less great. I miiiiight give Jessica Jones a rewatch in another year or so (just for the Purple Man, he made that show), but I can't really ever see myself watching Luke Cage or Iron fist again.

Any word on season 3?

I agree,....Luke Cage's first half was pretty good....but the Snake guy just tainted it for me,....might re watch DD

J

I don't understand why they are doing the ol' mask-bait-and-switch. Whenever he takes off the mask/helmet, every piece of cloth that covers up his ears and neck just magically disappears. Why do they have to do that? It bugs the crap out of me. Obviously, he has on a hood that the helmet goes over. What's the big deal with just having him remove the helmet and then pull the hood back?

But no, this maskie only covers half of his head, yet when he puts it on--boom--the whole rest of his head and neck is now covered.

Anyway, that's my only problem with it. LOVE THE SHOW!!! Just finished season 2. When's the next one start?

I had a similar response to Batman taking off his mask. He wears mascara around the eyes. When he takes his masks off it disappears. Presto changeo, ;-)

https://maskofreason.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/batmans-eye-shadow/

I had a similar response to Batman taking off his mask. He wears mascara around the eyes. When he takes his masks off it disappears. Presto changeo, ;-)

The only thing that was ever alluded to that was a shot in (I think) Batman Begins. There is one shot where the mask is off, I think when they are first getting the cowls, where you see the eye sockets and inside of those there is actually another set of eye holes that are smaller and would fit all the way up to his actual eyes. It is never mentioned and it is only on screen for a second or two, but it is there.

The only thing that was ever alluded to that was a shot in (I think) Batman Begins. There is one shot where the mask is off, I think when they are first getting the cowls, where you see the eye sockets and inside of those there is actually another set of eye holes that are smaller and would fit all the way up to his actual eyes. It is never mentioned and it is only on screen for a second or two, but it is there.

Thats interesting, I didn't catch that. I was really talking about the scene in Batman returns when he rips the mask off. I always thought it was stupid that he tore it like that. But with the way the cape was attached, Alfred would have to show up to help him undress ;-) But even in the newest Batman incarnation he wears mascara. If Batfleck ever has a reveal scene it will be presto changeo time ;-)

Anybody know why Season 2 blu ray is only available on Amazon UK? Wasn't the release date 5/17? Even though I have Netflix, I am still a little old school and would like the discs. Plus I have a few friends who do not have Netflix and I want to lend it to them so I will have someone to talk about this show with.

Welllllll....I'm pretty sure it won't have Nuke in it... So, it won't be exactly "Born Again," but I suspect it'll be relatively close to that.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back