Best casting choices vs. worst casting choices

Top 3:
1) Kurt Russell. Any roll. Seriously, he is underrated and has made his appearances on film very memorable.
2) Val Kilmer. He owned his rolls in both Toombstone and Heat.
3) Clint Eastwood. He has owned any roll he has done. Even a bad Clint Eastwood film, is made more enjoyable by his character performance.

Bottom:

1) George Clooney. Always comes off as a smug ******* deserving of a swift kick to his...
2) Gwynneth Paltrow. Not sorry, just could not stand her in any roll.
3) John Travolta in Broken Arrow and Swordfish. Just...bad.

Lucas wrote horrible dialogue for Jake Lloyd, but his performance was still absolutely awful.

He was 10. Cut the kid some slack.
He wasn't the worst thing about that movie...
The MOVIE was the worst thing about that movie.

Blame the casting director and George Lucas.
The kid was 10, FFS.

He was 10. Cut the kid some slack.
He wasn't the worst thing about that movie...
The MOVIE was the worst thing about that movie.

Blame the casting director and George Lucas.
The kid was 10, FFS.

Didn't I state clearly in my post that Lucas wrote him horrible dialogue? I think that puts plenty of blame on him. The bottom line, however, is that Jake Lloyd was still a horrible choice to play young Anakin. I don't care how old he was(even though he was actually like 8 or 9 when the movie was filmed, not 10), he was still awful. There have been plenty of young actors in movies over the years that didn't completely stink up the screen so age is no excuse in this instance.

As for the "worst" thing about that movie it would be Jar Jar with Anakin a close second.

Let's see...

Best
* Richard Harris as Dumbledore. Nailed the look described in the book (sans crooked nose) and personality, for those of you who have not read the HP books. It just wasn't the same once Michael Gambon took over.
* Patrick Stewart as Proffesor X.
* Eva Green as Vesper Lynd.
* Geoffrey Rush as Hector Barbossa. He's a much better pirate than Jack.

Worst
* Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim. Maybe not the worst but idk man.
* Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. It's not his fault though.

Same thing. The kid was good, the character just needed rewriting. Have you ever watched outtakes of other kids they looked at? Lloyd was far and away better.
I remember watching the others. One kid who auditioned was a kid from Malcolm in the Middle.

I can't believe I remember that **** lol

2) Gwynneth Paltrow. Not sorry, just could not stand her in any roll.
Not even Shallow Hal?

TOP:
1- Harrison Ford - Indiana Jones
2- Christian Bale - Batman (Batman Begins)
3- Hugh Jackman - Wolverine

WORST:
1- Jared Leto - Joker
2- Ben Affleck - Batman (Batman V Superman)
3- Alden Ehrenreich - Han Solo (Untitled Han Solo Movie)

I would just like to add..Tea Leoni to worst casting choice for anything she has ever been in. That annoying confused look that is always on her face is about all she can emote.

BEST
Brando as Vito Corleone. (Actually, most of the GF cast)
Robert Shaw as Quint.
Ford as Indy and Solo.

WORST
Pacino as Tony Montana.
Paltrow in anything.
LeDouche as Mutt.

Lucas wrote horrible dialogue for Jake Lloyd, but his performance was still absolutely awful.
For all that I know from interviews, Q&As and such with him, he did exactly the performance that Lucas wanted out of him. No more, no less.
There were lots of actors in the prequels who sucked in them but are known to be able to do much better.

I agree with you on Leto, but Affleck was fantastic as Batman and young Solo is still a year away from even happening so that's just pure nonsense.
Eh everyone has their own opinions and plus I couldn't think of anyone else to put in the "worst" box so I put Alden because I never liked him as an actor anyways.

1) Ricardo Montâlban - Khan in Star Trek
- I just... he's so perfect.
2) Bill Paxton - Hudson in ALIENS
- Is there anyone on this Earth that could have pulled that role off as memorable as Paxton's performance?
3) Tom Hanks - Josh in Big
- The best child/adult performance ever.

Bottom
1) Jai Courtney - Kyle Reese in Terminator Genisys
- Not only is he a sub-par actor, but his body physique was completely wrong for Kyle.
2) Sam Worthington - Jake Soooooly in Avatar
- Incapable of conveying any kind of emotion that would allow the audience to actually care about his performance. He's just bland for a part that has epic proportions.
3) Tricia Helfer - Kerrigan in StarCraft II
- They had the original actress from the first installments actually voice Kerrigan, and someone wanted to stunt cast the role and the character suffered for it.
4) Jessica Chobot - Diana Allers in Mass Effect 3
- Can't act worth jack even if it's just voice acting. And to add insult to injury, they designed her character to actually LOOK LIKE HER.

Let's see...

Best
* Richard Harris as Dumbledore. Nailed the look described in the book (sans crooked nose) and personality, for those of you who have not read the HP books. It just wasn't the same once Michael Gambon took over.

Oh my goodness did I miss him in that role! He was EXACTLY as I pictured Dumbledore. Old, cleverly childish, wise, calm and collected. Gambon was quite the opposite.
dumbledore.gif

Oh my goodness did I miss him in that role! He was EXACTLY as I pictured Dumbledore. Old, cleverly childish, wise, calm and collected. Gambon was quite the opposite.
View attachment 726097

From what I've read, Gambon deliberately didn't watch any of what Harris did as Dumbledore and didn't want emulate him at all. To me, it sounded like he just regarded it merely as just another role, no big deal and I'm not sure that he was interested in making the role his but he certainly didn't want to base his performance on anybody elses.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back