Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

If they say it's either an ancient Sith lightsaber or based on one, I'll buy that. Otherwise just no. Even Ewan McGregor said it was dumb and anyone who knew how to use their lightsaber wouldn't need that.

Every indication is that he made it himself. That's not to say it's not based on something ancient, but 99% sure he cradled it.

Like Ewan McGregor is some sort of expert on a fictional weapon and its usage?

No, he just means that in the other movies, a good Jedi or Sith duelist can block anything thrown at them without the cross guard. I would say that other than Lucas and Nick Gillard, then yeah he's probably up there compared to the rest of us based on how much they practiced for those movies. :)

In the visual dictionary they are calling it a plasma blade and it looks super unstable hence the Sparks flying off of it.Its not a normal saber that we are used to. I still see the side blades as some sort of vent release of extra plasma. To me Kylo seems like a bad guy that is really pushing hard to look bad ass. Maybe the broad saber was built by him to look more intimidating. It along with his suit seem that way to me. As for Ewan I really don't think he would be having a serious dig at it.

Ben

I heard a rumour that artists at ILM who has worked on TFA have become disgruntled about something and posted signs saying "ILM - Incredibly Low Morale".
I wonder if is true or not, and if true what would have prompted that.

I heard a rumour that artists at ILM who has worked on TFA have become disgruntled about something and posted signs saying "ILM - Incredibly Low Morale".
Ever known an animator for Disney?

That sounds par for the course

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This is a situation over 15 years in the making, over 20 depending on persepctives; TFA POS and its circumstances only adds to already existing issues.

check out the little alien with goggles next to r2 and 3po. wonder what he/she is all about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

......Yes,....it was mentioned,....but was a T-47 a Snowspeeder?,.....back then & up until the mid 90's there was no mention in any books etc of a connection,.....a role playing game described Snowspeeders as T-47's,....(a role playing game that made assumptions & got a few things wrong,as far as I remember someone saying)

T-47/Snowspeeder is now canon,...unfortunately,....it is also worth noting that even the pretty recent Making of book by Rinzler, there is no mention of T-47,....it's just Speeders or Snowspeeders

.....but that conversation between Luke & 2-1b....why would a medical droid be concerned with Snowspeeders?

MEDICAL DROID
Sir, it will take quite a while to evacuate the T-forty-sevens.

LUKE
Well, forget the heavy equipment. There's plenty of time to get the smaller modules on the transports.

MEDICAL DROID
Take care, sir.

LUKE
Thanks.
J

That is one of my favorite private jokes!

I imagine the humans moving on and the medical droid turns with a tear in his robotic eye and says to no one: "But I'm a T-47!"

And who says they arent follpwing the EU books...Sun Crusher, Star Killer, whats the diff.

500px-Sun_Crusher-NEGWT.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back