eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

About a million times more accurate... being completely subjective of course... :D

There is no really good way to quantify more accurate... just to say that this is VERY close to the original... even if its off in small ways.

Not going into the super anal differences with the hatch... they are there we see them, and its still OK with me :) I've had one of these on order since about 2 minutes after they went on sale :) and other that the wait, I'm very happy about it

Jedi Dade

Loving all these comparison photos and information along with the other kits as well. Lots to learn about these TIE's I've come to realize! Really enjoying this thread and I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the eFX version despite some of its inherent flaws or discrepancies!

Gene,

Thank you very much for sharing the progress of eFX.

Actually, I lost the courage to build my Tie through your pics.:cry

thanks Eric.

Is something wrong again at efx?
Today i have seen that mine should be around at 15.01.2013 now.
Last date i had was around 15.11.2012.

Well...better January 2013 as never...:rolleyes

Is something wrong again at efx?
Today i have seen that mine should be around at 15.01.2013 now.
Last date i had was around 15.11.2012.

Well...better January 2013 as never...:rolleyes

Same here. At least they might have the time to find out all the problems that might occur and fix them until then.

I doubt it.

It might maybe unfair to say this, but i have never seen any project from efx what succeed straightaway.
Never heard of any of that problems at Master Replicas,Code 3 , Icons etc.
Strange.

The X Wing SS model... some of them arrived damaged, The X Wing helmets..many of them arrived damaged... ,The legend/limited Vader helmet...some of them arrived damaged.
At nearly each product they had to make replacements.
I think if they not can handle that problem in future, we will not see many things from them in future again.

In 2010 the Tie Fighter got anounced with a limited run of 1000 pieces.
3 years later there are only 657 pieces left.

Maybe not let make all that high end stuff in China, from guys who have no clue about what they are doing, just get told it in 3 weeks crash course for cheap dumping labor costs.

Not want to be harsh or unfair, it's just my opinion.
It's just...it looks very strange for someone outside, how efx seems to do there work...it's strange...i don't know..well strange :confused

This is a problem many US businesses have. If the product isn't made in China, then labor cost may be higher therefore resulting in the item being more expensive. The more expensive the item, the fewer will be sold (in theory).

I doubt it.

It might maybe unfair to say this, but i have never seen any project from efx what succeed straightaway.
Never heard of any of that problems at Master Replicas,Code 3 , Icons etc.
Strange.

The X Wing SS model... some of them arrived damaged, The X Wing helmets..many of them arrived damaged... ,The legend/limited Vader helmet...some of them arrived damaged.
At nearly each product they had to make replacements.
I think if they not can handle that problem in future, we will not see many things from them in future again.

In 2010 the Tie Fighter got anounced with a limited run of 1000 pieces.
3 years later there are only 657 pieces left.

Maybe not let make all that high end stuff in China, from guys who have no clue about what they are doing, just get told it in 3 weeks crash course for cheap dumping labor costs.

Not want to be harsh or unfair, it's just my opinion.
It's just...it looks very strange for someone outside, how efx seems to do there work...it's strange...i don't know..well strange :confused

Master Replicas had the same issues,but were good with replacements.Also if I'm not mistaken EFX is the same folks more or less. After I found this darn place I'll never buy a mass produced prop again. I've always loved building models and thanks to talented folks here I have an SS Tie that I built and love. Vintage Koolshade just waiting for wingstars to really make it awesome. Now that I've seen this though I also need decals.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back