Quasimodo Darth Vader helmet - Version II

As long as Quasimodo doesn't hunch when walking by ... I'm quite thrilled ... now if you excuse me ... I greatly have to rob a posttrain ... or a bank whichever can provide the much needed gold-pressed latinum for a helmet and armor :wacko

Chaim

Over the years, vendors have typically recast parts from different sources. The helmet might be one, and the armor might come from another. They don't necessarily automatically go together and might look a bit awkward doing so.

andrew-ainsworth-original-stormtrooper-vs-quasimodo-v2-esb-vader_zps3e8627a2.jpg

One of the advantages of being the same sculptor for both the Quasi helmets and the Bookface armor is that I can calibrate a realistic posture as well as harmony between the helmet and the armor. There's no "hunchback of notre dame" look here, so displaying the armor as a bust will not only look holistic but structurally work quite well.

quasimodo-v2-esb-darth-vader3_zps8d2233bc.jpg

It's a subtle thing, but viewed from the side, the posture looks quite realistic.

I'd recommend costumers to allow the armor and helmet combination to portray the posture, rather than to try to force the props to adapt to their own physicalature, as few of us have the same neck and head length as Prowse and his trapezius and shoulder structure. The armor fits very comfortably for guys of average size. Even Prowse himself had mentioned that when wearing the original costume, he more than often found himself looking through the mouth or chin vent instead of directly through the lenses.

Additionally, Quasimodo V2 ESB follows V2 ANH in material strength but being light. I have seen concerns that it might be flimsy or fragile. Bookface can stand on the dome and it still will not break.

The advantage of keeping the weight down is that it reduces head and neck aches for people. I could not wear a Don Post Deluxe (at 8+ lbs) for more than 5-10 minutes as the cranial compression made it a miserable experience. Bad fitting armor also causes the trapezius and neck muscles to overcompensate.

rather than to try to force the props to adapt to their own physicalature, as few of us have the same neck and head length as Prowse and his trapezius and shoulder structure. The armor fits very comfortably for guys of average size. Even Prowse himself had mentioned that when wearing the original costume, he more than often found himself looking through the mouth or chin vent instead of directly through the lenses.
I am lucky to have a physicalature nearly exact like Mr. Prowse. For example the rubies armor, Helmet and suit and even the Cape is just as tailored for me. (suit too wide, Sure, but the length is perfect).
Will the quasimodo armor fit for me too?

I am lucky to have a physicalature nearly exact like Mr. Prowse. For example the rubies armor, Helmet and suit and even the Cape is just as tailored for me. (suit too wide, Sure, but the length is perfect).

How tall are you if I may ask? :) I actually just now had to search for David Prowse's height... I had no idea how tall he was :p I'm basically the same height. Prowse = 6'6/198 and I'm 6'7/200 :D

well, Mr. Prowse himself says, he was 6 feet 7 inches high (references of source: "Fitness is fun" by Dave Prowse, side 12 and "Straight from the force's mouth" by Dave Prowse, too, side 68 and side 114). More dimensions on the same side 114: 50in chest that expanded to 54in, a 36in waist and 18in biceps ("but on a frame of my height it didn't look anything out of the ordinary".).
I am 200cm/ 6'7 tall (in the morning... 1,5cm are missing in the evening. :) ), 16in biceps, 39in waist, 45in chest... measurement on my own with a loooot of wishful thinking. :)

well, Mr. Prowse himself says, he was 6 feet 7 inches high (references of source: "Fitness is fun" by Dave Prowse, side 12 and "Straight from the force's mouth" by Dave Prowse, too, side 68 and side 114). More dimensions on the same side 114: 50in chest that expanded to 54in, a 36in waist and 18in biceps ("but on a frame of my height it didn't look anything out of the ordinary".).
I am 200cm/ 6'7 tall (in the morning... 1,5cm are missing in the evening. :) ), 16in biceps, 39in waist, 45in chest... measurement on my own with a loooot of wishful thinking. :)

Would You mind reposting this statement here? http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=229829

Regards,

Alberto

I don't know. I could do a test fit on someone large. Might take a month or more to track him down. What is your chest size?

Sounds like my body would make a fine Vader :p

Just had my ANH Quasimodo delivered. I have several vader buckets but this one is the shining star, the time and effort that has gone into producing this must have been enormous. Both,you must be very proud of what you've achieved and thank you. ESB here I come!

Just had my ANH Quasimodo delivered. I have several vader buckets but this one is the shining star, the time and effort that has gone into producing this must have been enormous. Both,you must be very proud of what you've achieved and thank you. ESB here I come!

Pics please.

There really should be a law that all new props must be accompanied by pics and failure to do so will result in immediate forfit of said prop to the law's author. That of course would be me :)

Just moved house and buckets are all in boxes ready to be unpacked, this weekend I hope. As soon as they are all out I will post a photo. Interestingly I have an Ainsworth, first one I had,so I can do a like for like comparison and as already mentioned on the thread the difference in quality is staggering. I'll post ASAP.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back