eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Contacted Gino on Facebook a week ago asking when we will see the start for the pre-order of the Boba Legend and 40th Anniversary Luke X Wing helmet which were mentioned in Comic Con this year. I see he read my messages but no replies.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

I saw photos of the ESB Fett helmet prototype on facebook.

A few years ago I would have gotten excited about it.

Now I just got angry watching a company who has taken my money continue to try to promote non existent products to future victims of fraud.

Anyone who even thinks about buying a product from this company in the future must be beyond desperate.........

Why forums and social media still feel the urge to help promote this company is beyond me.

There should be a 'buyer beware' sticky thread on this forum and a pile of bannings but for some reason eFX still seem to get away with it here :(

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to stop by the EFX booth at NYCC this weekend. If I had bought a Biker Scout helmet from these bastards, I would have called my credit card company a long time ago to file a claim.

What sucks is that it teaches you that a group of guys from this forum with epic props can rent some con space, name yourself fKU, display your works of art and start taking pre-orders. Put out a decent product every few years or so and... be a d**k.

Didn't they used to pretty reliable? Like when they had the fiberglass Vaders and X-Wing pilot helmets. It's like they somehow forgot how to have high quality items produced in the last few years.

If the Slave 1 and Fett helmets ever get put up for preorder, I wonder if very many will be willing to place an order.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

They WERE great. I have their SS X-Wing & TIE Fighter, 1:1 Maul Saber, LE Vader Helmet, AHN & ESB Luke Helmets as well as Wedges Helmet, LE Stormtrooper and Phase 1 Clone Trooper helmets, DS tile and a Cap. America shield. Beautiful stuff. They've really dropped the ball on this project tho. The big thing that pisses me off is no communication. If there were updates, I would be mildly satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to be more than the Scout Trooper. They haven't been producing any SW products of the same level as they used to. The PCR helmets are nice for what they are, but they are not in the same class as the earlier products.

Producing the Slave 1 or Fett helmet could be in that class, but there may not be enough people willing to trust them on a pre-order for those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It seems to be more than the Scout Trooper. They haven't been producing any SW products of the same level as they used to. The PCR helmets are nice for what they are, but they are not in the same class as the earlier products.

Producing the Slave 1 or Fett helmet could be in that class, but there may not be enough people willing to trust them on a pre-order for those.

I agree, If they ever come out with another pre-order, I doubt there will be enough people willing to give their money away to Gino and friends.
giphy.gif

Also, according to the BTTF thread, they lost that license without ever having produced anything. So they got the license, announced a bunch of cool stuff, showed off some prototypes, never released anything, and the license expired. How much time and money did they waste doing that?

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to stop by the EFX booth at NYCC this weekend. If I had bought a Biker Scout helmet from these bastards, I would have called my credit card company a long time ago to file a claim.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. I tried a claim through Barclaycard but because efx didn't (or don't) show the expected year of release on their original preorder Barclaycard couldn't do anything. The claim dragged on for six months until efx stopped ignoring Barclaclaycard and said the buyer couldn't have a refund because of a change of heart?
BC offered me half the amount as a good will gesture just to close the case and advised me never to deal with that company again.

After around nine months I managed to get a full refund through a different route.

Awful company with no morals who are more than happy to feed their customers any old BS in order to get your cash.

That makes no sense. If that is true, anyone can put something up for preorder, not include a release date, and rob people.

That makes no sense. If that is true, anyone can put something up for preorder, not include a release date, and rob people.

Yep, it's crazy but it's what they told me. Barclay card said as there was no specific expected delivery YEAR on the original preorder, the item would never be officially overdue and they couldn't press for non delivery.

In case not everyone over follows the Rebelscum thread, word over there is that retailer BBTS gave an updated release window of Q1 of 2018 for this thing. No reasoning given, which is odd since the helmets were supposedly in production and were supposed to ship from Hong Kong months ago.

In case not everyone over follows the Rebelscum thread, word over there is that retailer BBTS gave an updated release window of Q1 of 2018 for this thing. No reasoning given, which is odd since the helmets were supposedly in production and were supposed to ship from Hong Kong months ago.

Yes but that factory probably went bankrupt and burned all the molds and the almost completed helmest like the last two factories before ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back