The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets!

Looks pretty conclusive, but how awkward to 'shop out the activation strip and stuff. My eyes see a Graflex, but my brain says it's impossible to hold one like that.

Maybe Daisy Ridley's hand stand-in has really big palms?

I always wondered why he didn't get it fixed. I mean, in the PT era it looked like cybernetic parts were robotic, but in the OT, fake flesh seemed available. He started with it-- I get he didn't have time between Jabba's barge and everything else to stop and get it fixed-- but after that?

Maybe the fake skin doesn't age well, and in his solitude on Ach-To, he simply never bothered to leave the planet to have it replaced. IF he could leave the planet, that is.

I always wondered why he didn't get it fixed. I mean, in the PT era it looked like cybernetic parts were robotic, but in the OT, fake flesh seemed available. He started with it-- I get he didn't have time between Jabba's barge and everything else to stop and get it fixed-- but after that?

I always thought that he kept it that way as a reminder... the way it was for him in the throne room duel after he lopped off Vader's hand and compared his mechanical hand to what happened to his fallen father...

Well, that's one way to not sell a bazillion magazines...

Subscribers will receive their copies in the next few days, while the regular newsstand edition (also holographic, yet to be revealed) goes on sale Thursday 7 September.

I so would have bought the magazine just for that cover.

Oh well, at least it confirms that they're Phillips Head Screws with the centers drilled out! ;)

Oh well, at least it confirms that they're Phillips Head Screws with the centers drilled out! ;)

200w.gif

He meant they are clearly Torx screws.

But VeekTohr is right-- no way you can hold it like that.

Maybe this is some other hero variant, or a stunt that was correctly retouched?

Either way, as great and clean and straight as a reference it is-- I'm still waiting for the movie.

Last edited:

I always thought that he kept it that way as a reminder... the way it was for him in the throne room duel after he lopped off Vader's hand and compared his mechanical hand to what happened to his fallen father...

Bingo! To remind him if he goes down the dark path it will only end up in suffering... like his father

If it was my guess. I'd stay this is a graflex top and bottom, but the clamp is just a stainless steel tube

Hehhh. Hehhh.

I think he's trying to say "Han"!

Hell-pah. Hellllp.

Oh, I believe he's saying "HELP!".

Helllp, Kylash iiii, iiisss, for-, force-, force-choking meh! :facepalm :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

If it was my guess. I'd stay this is a graflex top and bottom, but the clamp is just a stainless steel tube

I'm not convinced this is the case. Fairly sure those are the lines on the clamp you see between her pinky and ring finger

I could be wrong, of course

OKgpivH.jpg

Yeah now that I'm looking at it more, it doesn't look like those lines align with the rest of the "clamp", actually... Hmm

Looks pretty conclusive, but how awkward to 'shop out the activation strip and stuff. My eyes see a Graflex, but my brain says it's impossible to hold one like that.

I can get my hand around the clamp, but I have short pinkies and can't get them as close to my palm as in that photo. That being said though, remember in the Teaser Trailer...

Daisy Ridley - as Rey in Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi - CRAZY HAND - 01.png

Daisy Ridley's got some CRAZY PINKIES!!!

Saw this on a store display. Pretty sure this is the stunt one, but look at that torn chrome tape on the clamp.

IMG_2642.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back