ANH Vader V2 Hero Lightsaber (aka black sidebars) specs gathering & build

ANH Vader V2 Hero Lightsaber (aka black sidebars) specs gathering & build

Is TCSS clamp known to be the same dimensions as an original black sidebars mpp? If not, is anyone with an original willing to provide the precise length?

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new build! It looks great! I love the red leds.

I noticed you used 2 part epoxy. I too used that on my grips. I also construct most of my stuff in my basement as well. The humidity really screws with the epoxy cure.

Some times it's 2 days before it's fully cured. I have now switched over to e6000 silicone. Which is like a super strong glue. It seems to do super well in basement weather.

If you ever have a problem with the epoxy, I highly recommend the e6000. I'll never go back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love e6000. My basement isn't overly humid most of the time. I can get epoxy to be sturdy enough to handle in about an hour down there. But as soon as it's done it goes upstairs and I'm sure that the epoxy really finishes curing up there. I'll try e6000 on the next one I build, I didn't think that it would be strong enough to handle. Epoxy is kind of a pain to use.

Congratulations on the new build! It looks great! I love the red leds.

I noticed you used 2 part epoxy. I too used that on my grips. I also construct most of my stuff in my basement as well. The humidity really screws with the epoxy cure.

Some times it's 2 days before it's fully cured. I have now switched over to e6000 silicone. Which is like a super strong glue. It seems to do super well in basement weather.

If you ever have a problem with the epoxy, I highly recommend the e6000. I'll never go back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love e6000. My basement isn't overly humid most of the time. I can get epoxy to be sturdy enough to handle in about an hour down there. But as soon as it's done it goes upstairs and I'm sure that the epoxy really finishes curing up there. I'll try e6000 on the next one I build, I didn't think that it would be strong enough to handle. Epoxy is kind of a pain to use.

In my experience the e6000 holds better then the epoxy. When I go to weather the grips I throw it down my stone drive way. I've had grips literally "pop" off the flash with epoxy. The e6000 I have had real good luck with

Again I'm not saying ones better then the other.

I like the epoxy because I can tint it with black caulk. But with the e6000 if any silicone comes out from underneath you can cut it with a razor blade with ease

Each are good products, I'm not knocking either of them.

Btw I look forward to your next set of videos!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back