TimDrakeRobin - Seller Issues (banned)

Re: What can I do if a costumer won't deliver, give a refund and halts all communicat

You might still get your $ back.
I know people who contacted their bank and credit co. ,
explained their situation and was refunded $ even months later.
Be persistence and elevate to a manager / supervisor if needed.
Hopefully you might get something back.

Re: What can I do if a costumer won't deliver, give a refund and halts all communicat

What RacerMachX said. :thumbsup If that's the route you take, persistence is key. Also, don't give up on Paypal either. Paypal phone reps are paid to not give money back if they can, but people have collected well past the 45 day mark before depending on the particular situation. If the seller has also had a track record of similar disputes, they can take that into account, and your bank can pressure them as well. It sucks, but it's better than being out the money.

EXACTLY. Post all of the current contact information you have.

I was a victim of this guy last year! He took 1200 from me for an amazing spiderman 2 suit! We need to get this person arrested! This is ridiculous

I agree with what both RacerMachX and laellee said. You should still contest the charges with Paypal and your bank or credit card company. Also, depending on which credit card you used, you may be covered under its extended purchase protection program (not all cards offer the same protection, some offer more protection than others) so you should check with your bank to see if you are covered in any way. Hope it works out for you!

Start the process of getting your money back now. As you've pointed out, he's known for this sort of thing. He will never deliver.

Report it to the police as fraud. You mentioned that there were texts, so the police should be able to obtain an address. I'm in Canada so the approach may be different in LA, but if it is an option to go that route I would.

I hope this is in the right section, if not please direct me there so I can post this!

So the short story is I paid someone for a costume, they didn't deliver on time, were incredibly unprofessional and now won't reply back that I'm requesting a refund.

Details: Last December I commissioned a guy whom makes costumes near me in Los Angeles to make me a new Captain America uniform from TWS. The guy charged alot but his previous costumes looked great, so I paid the first half up front through paypal. A few weeks later he claims that he ran into personal problems and financially he was suffering. I being the naive and gullible person I am, decide to in a show of good faith and hopes of expediting my costume, advanced him the rest in a money order... Building up to the deadline, no contact. I had to message, call, email, etc and finally got word that it wouldn't be ready but he swore it would be done before Wondercon... the day before wondercon, I finally get ahold of him after he ignored me again the week leading up to said con and now he can't do it. I told him we need to talk after the con to figure out a time, and I want to see photographic evidence of any progress he claims to have made.

So to recap, he busted two deadlines I set for him (capt america premiere and wondercon), and current date, he has stopped all communication and failed to deliver a single picture... at this point I'm now requesting a refund. I really wanted that costume so bad that I ignored all the spacy pauses between texts, even when he relayed an incorrect order statement to me for his last progress update in early April (said he was working on the helmet, it was never apart of the order). Now I just want my money back because I feel jerked around and lead on plus I missed TWS premiere. What can I do now? Thanks for your time and any advice.

I will post the guy's name and company after Friday.. I may be naively optimistic that he could pull through and because I don't want to do anything unprofessional so soon without a plan. Have texts, FB message traffic, and money order receipt still if that helps. I'm just feeling lost right now and this has been eating away at me for the last few months, don't mean to rant but I don't know what to do. Any advice is welcomed.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me Jwave!!! I posted all his aliases in this thread months ago. Use it and I can send you my info. This isn't the first time its happened to me. About 8 years ago in this forum before it changed, someone took my money (Steve Sherman). I was able to get it back through a district attorney.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear you got had too Vyger2002... thankfully at this point in time unless he moves I know where he is so if he fails to follow through on his promise to refund me I'll start the process to get the court of law involved. I'm just disappointed that Robert continues to make the same mistakes, but the very fact that he never actually showed me any proof is all I need to see how serious he ever was about following through on my commission. If I can warn more people about his unprofessionalism or prevent more victims of fraud, then I know I'm in the right, he is digging his own hole. I want my money back, but more importantly he needs to be held accountable for what he is doing, its despicable. I wanted so much to give him the benefit of the doubt every step of the way, he had so many chances to turn things around, but once he had all my money his true intentions revealed themselves. If this was an isolated thing, then I get it, life happens.. but his repeat behavior was anything but sincere. I'm disappointed that he has been able to continue this behavior without repercussion from the community as a whole other than carrying a bad name. How anyone can continue believing that all their problems are external, delude themselves to such a degree where they blame all their past clients for being short tempered, vindictive, and care more about bad mouthing you than wanting their money back (that was the best one I heard from him) then I have to ask if he has a sincere bone in his entire body... I'll see once the end of the month comes around if he holds true to his promise to refund me or not. Here's hoping.

Here is the FB post story that was forwarded to me by another concerned person:

[h=3]Heroes4Higher[/h]ATTENTION: TO ALL WHO COSPLAY OR BUY COSTUMES!!!! SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!!
Recently, ourselves and Superheroes Of Southern Maryland were ripped off of $980.00 EACH by a supposed costume maker that goes by RT CUSTOM DESIGNS or R.J.T. CUSTOMS..He promised to make us costumes that we would use for the children and never delivered and kept the money. So realistically HE RIPPED OFF OUR LITTLE HEROES THAT WE SERVE!!!
Now we have found out there are other victims of this fraud.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR OTHERS THAT HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED BY THIS CROOK AS WE NOW HAVE THE AUTHORITIES INVESTIGATING HIM FOR INTERNET FRAUD AGAINST MANY!!
If you or someone you know has been a victim of this guy, we need their contact info sent to my email at HEROES4HIGHER@YAHOO.COM and a copy of all receipts/ invoices regarding your transaction.
We now have the interest of the FBI through a friend of the owner of Superheroes Of Southern Maryland. They have the cell phone he uses, address that people have sent him funds for costumes to and his aliases.
WE WILL BRING JUSTICE TO THIS FRAUD!!!
SO FAR WE HAVE 3 MORE VICTIMS THAT HAVE COME FORWARD.

I could not have said it better myself. All the more reason that we repeat his name over and over again so that others doing a search on the web will hopefully investigate before they invest.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

First refund of eight payments received. Its sad that something so nominal is seen as a victory but at this point it speaks more about my expectations for him and his character. If he follows through entirely, I won't say he is redeemed but I'd be willing to part on neutral terms. I don't like grudges, they make me feel like I'm giving someone more attention and my energy then they deserve from me. But I'm going to remain vigilant. The day he breaks this agreement is the day I bring in legal moderation in. No more excuses. Thanks everyone, I'll keep posting on progress.

So update, but at this date Robert has only paid off two payments of $200.00 for a total of $400.00 out of $1600 paid back. He has since stopped replying and claimed to be working on more commissions yet having no money to pay me back. No show of intention to reimburse even portions of the payment, so its time for small claims. Here's hoping justice can be served

Very late update, so the short of it, there is no progress. Rob is still participating in the costume scene, and I selling again but now through social media and direct communication rather than advertising on facebook. *edit removed false concern for site possibly linked to rob, was corrected* Still no address for him so small claims court is a no go, when papers were served at his first address, the current resident had claimed he had moved. Its been a few years and though I'd rather let this go, but I can only imagine how many further victims are out there the longer he's gone unchecked. Really not sure about what options exist at this point in time given I am no longer geographically in SoCal where this all started, and he is still operating out of.

Last edited:
Very late update, so the short of it, there is no progress. Rob is still participating in the costume scene, and I selling again but now through social media and direct communication rather than advertising on facebook. Also have reason to believe http://www.bigeffectjackets.com/ may be a site he has created in order to sell the Starlord jacket but I can't confirm this, but the site is amateur and only features him in the jacket and no information on the seller. Still no address for him so small claims court is a no go, when papers were served at his first address, the current resident had claimed he had moved. Its been a few years and though I'd rather let this go, but I can only imagine how many further victims are out there the longer he's gone unchecked. Really not sure about what options exist at this point in time given I am no longer geographically in SoCal where this all started, and he is still operating out of.

This is actuall Zlurpo from here on the RPF. Check the Star Lord thread for this exact pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back