The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hey @Zlurpo, If you don't mind me asking the type of leathers (thickness and style) you are using for these? I would like make a pair of these for my costume... Thanks in advance for anything you can share!!
I actually used one type of leather for all three colors. It's the color of the big piece. The browner and black bits of leather I used leather dye on, so that I didn't have to buy three types of leather since I got it from Tandy Leather and they don't usually sell small pieces. It was these stoned oil sides here. I thought the color of the main leather piece was a pretty close match, and they have a really nice and interesting texture. I also got all the hardware from Tandy (local brick and mortar store).

I actually used one type of leather for all three colors. It's the color of the big piece. The browner and black bits of leather I used leather dye on, so that I didn't have to buy three types of leather since I got it from Tandy Leather and they don't usually sell small pieces. It was these stoned oil sides here. I thought the color of the main leather piece was a pretty close match, and they have a really nice and interesting texture. I also got all the hardware from Tandy (local brick and mortar store).

Was the original color the Dark Brown or the Tan?

Hopefully they still sell all that hardware. I remember they stopped selling 1.75" D-rings around the time GOTG came out.

Thank you for the info!!
Can you point me to or tell me which hardware....sorry to be a pain, just want to make sure i get the right things [emoji3] [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info!!
Can you point me to or tell me which hardware....sorry to be a pain, just want to make sure i get the right things [emoji3] [emoji106]

Seems to be mostly button studs, square rings, and capped rivets.

The only thing I don't know is the exact size used. Each item listed comes in several different ones.

Well, these are mine. I made the straps about 5/8" wide and I think they look great. 12.jpg8.jpg

I thought he was still developing those and hadn't started a run yet.
Yea, its still in Development, but he has a fully working prototype.

If anyone is interested pm him and he will add you to the list.

I believe he is also gauging the level of interest to determine cost.

Well, looks like the accurate short jackets have dried up. The one Danny was selling. Ebay listing is gone too.

I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back