Star Trek TOS Communicator from The Wand Company

I'm really happy with the Wand phaser, so this will be a must buy. I hope ThinkGeek stocks this one too, they always have discount codes.

20-funny-custom-credit-cards1589283672-feb-16-2014-1-600x400.jpg

A general media player would be cool. Pop in an SD card loaded iwth music and shows. Or maybe even use a TOS themed thumb drive to store your files in.

I've 3d modeled the phasers and communicators and have poured over images from the series at length.. that's gotta be the best looking production replica I've seen. Awesome!

Here are some high res shots I have obtained of the proto-type. It looks really nice! They have even simulated the vacuum formed pulled Kydex look in the shells. My only complaint is that it has the wrong hole pattern in the mic grill, I hope they fix that detail for production.

Last edited:
I've already got the Vegas ST experience communicator, but I just might have to get this too and sell that.....

The Vegas communicator and Art Asylum/Diamond Select communicators are both based off of the Master Replicas model, which is woefully wedge-shaped (fat butt syndrome). Not at all accurate.

The Wand comm is shape-accurate. First commercial comm replica to get that right.

Here are some high res shots I have obtained of the proto-type. It looks really nice! They have even simulated the vacuum formed pulled Kydex look in the shells. My only complaint is that it has the wrong hole pattern in the mic grill, I hope they fix that detail for production.
I think that that's still a 3D render, all the metal still has a satin finish that is way to uniform for die cast aluminum.\

Edit: A photo of the Alpha being scanned can be found here.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/iphv/images/33778/

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back