Fully Functional Vulcan Harp Finished! Video!

Re: Making a Fully Functional Vulcan Harp

Great, natural color is the best. Is that walnut by the way? The other pics make it look like walnut, but the last two make it look like red birch :confused. I guess the lighting of those last pictures really brought out the color.

Drilled 19 string holes in the aluminum tail stock.

The bridge is completed. Getting ready to start the final assembly on the harp!

So here are some nearly finished shots of the Harp. And then a finished video demo.

Finished

Inner electronics. I have made quick disconnects for the two ribbon cables that feed to the controls inside the body of the instrument. The larger circuit board to the right is the octave tone generator. It then outputs to the smaller 3 watt amplifier board on the left which drives the 3 inch speaker. Everything is powered by a single 9 volt battery.

Click on the picture below to see the video:

Last edited:
Thank you all for your very kind comments. Everyone I have shown it to in person can't believe I built it from scratch. I actually had a guy follow me off a public transportation bus and chase after me so he could get a better look at it, that really cracked me up!

As I stated before this instrument is my tribute to the life of Leonard Nimoy. I've always wanted to make one of these, on the day of his passing it just all came into focus that it was time to make the Vulcan lyre. Leonard, where ever you are I hope you can see this. Thank you for all you have added not only to my life but to all the people you have touched. You are in my thoughts every day and will be missed but never forgotten!

Steve

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back