Let's see your work-space.

Murdoch

Sr Member
Just a general inquiry.
Very curious to see some of your work-space's where you create.
I find myself incredibly limited for space and wondered how others are able to make use of the space that they have available to them. Thanks for your help folks...

I use my garage and my basement office. Both are PACKED full, in fact my office is so messy and full of crap right now I haven't been in there for a couple months. :lol

I'll snap some pics at my earliest convenience.

I have a 12x16 shop in the back yard-

L-shaped bench in the front and right of the pic is (Table Saw.Scroll Saw,2 different Belt Sanders - dremel station and general work area.
on the back I have the drill press - tool box and storage organizer with loft storage above. on each side wall I have 4' peg boards
also have a bench grinder and air compressor.

C89es53l.jpg

looking the other way
zN2KMLfl.jpg

you can see the dust collection system.

Also on the left you can see I have a chalk board and little stool for my daughter to doodle on while we work on costumes together
2SVrmYNl.jpg

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

This is my leatherworking/prop-making shop that I have in one corner of my small apartment. I custom built my work benches to fit a small space like this. I don't have anywhere to set up for airbrushing now though but since I don't do that as much anymore it hasn't been a problem so far.

Last edited:
View attachment 817140

View attachment 817141

This is my leatherworking/prop-making shop that I have in one corner of my small apartment. I custom built my work benches to fit a small space like this. I don't have anywhere to set up for airbrushing now though but since I don't do that as much anymore it hasn't been a problem so far.
love it, as I too live in a small space. Trouble is my space is so small that I am looking to rent a space 10'×10' if I can afford it lol...

I thought about looking into a Makerspace but they all seem to be quite expensive for full access. One makerspace I was speaking with the organizer. I suggested loaning my tools and he only offered $50. Bucks off a month. No frigging way. Very frustrating acquiring space. Now if I had friends in my locale with the same interests then I'd be doing ok. Sadly I don't have that luxury...

I thought about looking into a Makerspace but they all seem to be quite expensive for full access. One makerspace I was speaking with the organizer. I suggested loaning my tools and he only offered $50. Bucks off a month. No frigging way. Very frustrating acquiring space. Now if I had friends in my locale with the same interests then I'd be doing ok. Sadly I don't have that luxury...

Move a little further West. ;)

I thought about looking into a Makerspace but they all seem to be quite expensive for full access.

was that the toronto tool library one? if you've got the time to spare, you only have to do like two volunteer shifts a month there to get free access. you can't do any metalwork or anything with fumes there though, so it's mostly worth it if you're doing wood stuff

was that the toronto tool library one? if you've got the time to spare, you only have to do like two volunteer shifts a month there to get free access. you can't do any metalwork or anything with fumes there though, so it's mostly worth it if you're doing wood stuff
I had won a one year membership at the Danforth Tool library. Every tool I used I had to repair as they all had troubles with them.
Besides as my build is an all metal exoskeletal armour based on the War-Machine, the tool library is useless to me. Thanks for the input though...

I had won a one year membership at the Danforth Tool library. Every tool I used I had to repair as they all had troubles with them.
Besides as my build is an all metal exoskeletal armour based on the War-Machine, the tool library is useless to me. Thanks for the input though...
yeah totally makes sense!! i've had not much luck with the tools up in the tool library but the ones down in the makerspace are much better maintained. it is definitely limited though

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back