Star Wars: Force Ghost.. why only Jedi?

Dave Filoni has addressed this and shared what George told him about this very subject. The Sith are obsessed with living with their power. They selfishly cling to it and they try and prolong their lives to make it last. The Jedi are selfless and willing give themselves to the Force, and death if necessary. The Bane vision in Clone Wars really wasn't a Force ghost.

Wow. Neat to hear this -- for once my head canon actually matched reality!

Dave Filoni has addressed this and shared what George told him about this very subject. The Sith are obsessed with living with their power. They selfishly cling to it and they try and prolong their lives to make it last. The Jedi are selfless and willing give themselves to the Force, and death if necessary. The Bane vision in Clone Wars really wasn't a Force ghost.

I like this analogy... willing to sacrifice only gives you the power to return...you must give up everything...to gain everything

Thank you

sidious lied to anakin about knowing how to cheat death. he only implied he might have the knowledge to get anakin to turn to his side.
after anakin gave in and killed windu, sidious says "sorry, kid. i don't really know what i tempted you with, but together we can look for the secret (sorry. sucker....)".

classic horns, red cape and tail....

I've always thought and believe just that. It was total BS to get him to turn.

Find your enemies weakness and use it against them. Kylo did the same thing to Rey. I don't think he has a clue who her parents are unless he pulled a buried memory from here head. He just found her weak spot and used it to get her to come to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t read all the responses, so this may be redundant, but I’ll say that becoming a force ghost is implied to be an acquired skill, becoming one with the force. I recall Ryder Windham’s Obi-wan book when Qui-gon confronts him about it, and he later tells the redeemed Anakin how to do it while he is in some sort of force purgatory. This is no longer canon, but I think there’s some Qui-gon connection in Rebels. Basically from what I’ve gathered, it is a skill that Yoda was the first (we know of) to learn, and he passed it to the Jedi he could before he died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANAKIN: Just help me save Padme's life. I can't live without her. I won't let her die. I want the power to stop death.

PALPATINE: To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret.

I've always thought and believe just that. It was total BS to get him to turn.

Find your enemies weakness and use it against them. Kylo did the same thing to Rey. I don't think he has a clue who her parents are unless he pulled a buried memory from here head. He just found her weak spot and used it to get her to come to him.

I always thought when Palpatine said something to the effect of, "To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret", it gave away the fact that he was full of you-know-what. At that point, Anakin should have put two and two together, but he didn't.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back