New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

Is there a way to take off the emitter bulb head? I'd like to know as I want to sand it down and make it flatter to more ressemble the one in the show (TWC dome was always a bit too rounded for my liking)

Extending upon that. I managed to remove the bulb by using a flat bladed knife to slowly move the bulb up. When i could get a lip by lifting it with my fingernails I got tweezers and pushed them downwards, lifting the dome.

For those wondering, the blue dome is sort of clipped in so it won't fall off if your one swirls round like mine.

I plan on sanding down the clips and a little bit further on to make it flatter and then superglueing in onto the head

just wanted to chime in that i also just recieved a 10th screwdriver with faulty battery. kinda sad :( Sent an email to TWC already.

I'm now really appreciating the AAA batteries for the 11/12th screwdriver.

edit: wow! they got back to me pretty quick! getting a replacement soon. TOTALLY amazing customer service.

Last edited:
So, for voo45doo and Veldmaat… how are you guys opening the sonic up at all? are you using tweezers to open up the snap-locks or whatever you call those?

irrg if you mean the ring on top of the body, extend the emitter a bit, approx. 6 mm. And then use something flat and gently push the ring up until you get a gap. and then use someting not too hard to prise of the ring.

If you mean the inner piece, just use something small to carefully push in the three small tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
replaced the battery with the suggested batter from voo45doo. I got a little marring on the backside of my collar as i tried to pry it off :( brok a plastic tab underneath the collar too, but hey you win some you lose some.

Solder'ed new battery in, and closed up, but it wasnt closing as tight as before so sliding up and down was a little tight. ended up sanding the inner casing down a little and its a bit better. all in all, functional now! not too happy with me marring the collar tho :(

mv2MLgZh.jpg
jloD7vUh.jpg

thanks voo45doo for the type of battery to use!

anyone want to repair mine? I suck at this kinda stuff.

Apparently they have a new policy at TWC where you show them your serial number then show them your serial number scratched off and they just send you a new one and you keep your old one.

So I was idly browsing, reading a thread about someone' collection of sonics... picked up mine and did the Tennant 'flick'. My dome popped off and when I looked, one of the little clips had snapped.
Thought about glueing it, then I shot an email to TWC to see if they had a replacement part for sale, I mean, how much could it be?
Got a reply right back (like really quick for a Saturday) and they're sending me a new dome, no charge, first post Monday. Once again, outstanding customer service from Chris at TWC

So how are you guys removing the little black tab on your replacement batteries? I managed to get the same as voo45doo and crick0234, now I want to install it in my sonic since it came with a dead battery. I just don't want the thing to blow up while I work on it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone offer repair services for the 10th sonic? I love mine, used it a lot, but the battery lasts a short 5 minutes now.

what a bummer.

sadly i did 2 months ago, they no longer have replacement parts for the 10th wand and was offered a replacement 11th wand. Was told the 10th is no longer produced at this time, bummer.

sadly i did 2 months ago, they no longer have replacement parts for the 10th wand and was offered a replacement 11th wand. Was told the 10th is no longer produced at this time, bummer.

I'm not a big fan of rechargeable batteries for this very reason unless they can be easily replaced. I've had more than one prop replica with rechargeable batteries stop charging and nothing could be done to fix them without major surgery and even that was not an option for one of them.

Hej guys, I seem to have a faulty battery as well. I would like to try to replace it, but I'm not sure how to take the Sonic apart without breaking it. Any advice where to start?

Gesendet von meinem XT1635-02 mit Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back