Doctor Strange costume (Benedict Cumberbatch version) question

Almost there!! :D

Just need the center, eye ball, and then the engravings.

Untitled.jpg

Just a point of interest that I don't think I've seen pointed out yet: according to this picture and the Hot Toys figure, at least sometimes, when the Eye of Agamotto is active, the cross bars "open" to leave the center jewel unobstructed.

13739635_1807695649464195_824879588_n.jpg

13731009_10153681419792344_5101130403094508727_o.jpg

I might make 2 eye bar versions then.

I just have a few things left to do, like make everything solid and join them together. The "bars" and "eye ball" will stay separate like before in case you want to print it yourself.

I was also able to get the "runes" engraved really deep into the model. They'll definitely show up nicely when blackwashed.
Untitled.jpg

Some further progress on the Eye.

Painted & glued together. Mind, there's still a smoothing coat to come + antiquing, especially in the outer runes to make them really stand out.

Eye first painting.jpg

And then, when I turn on the LED....

Eye first paint LED.jpg

I do like how it also accentuates the inner rings! I thought of using a small LED but that's just not me - 3W blinder all the way! :) We're weaving the material around the actual wires to make it look like the woven leather in the set photos, crossing over behind the neck to go back down to a belt-pack with power, LED driver and switch.

Edit: Unfortunately I don't have enough time to try for the more complex version of the Eye - the deadline for the Oz Comic-Con competition is two weeks and there's no way I could get that modeled & printed in time even if I had the skill to do it! :)

I might make 2 eye bar versions then.

I just have a few things left to do, like make everything solid and join them together. The "bars" and "eye ball" will stay separate like before in case you want to print it yourself.

I was also able to get the "runes" engraved really deep into the model. They'll definitely show up nicely when blackwashed.
View attachment 654098

Wow, that is just beautiful!

I got my cape sewn together... well mostly. Sorry for the crappy photo quality, I dunno what the deal was. I still need to do trim and lining and attach the collar, but all the weird patchwork is done! I started this at 8pm on friday and finally went to sleep at 5 AM... My friend (who i was trying to get the costume done for her wedding) texted me at 8 am with an SOS, so I ended up going that whole day on 3 hours of sleep (AND I served the whole wedding dinner XD) Not my best decision, but hey. I'm that much closer!
14045422_10157397016565533_340740417_o.jpg

I think it's because something weird was going on with the "dome" (inscription part) and the printer decided to make random triangles that weren't visible, which basically made a LOT of the detail solid. Which really sucks because it was printed at 100 microns and it took about 6 hours at 35% infill.

I've been trying to fix the problem for about 4 hours now. :/ I might have to remake the "dome".

Well, I'm kind of glad my print failed, because I forgot to add a few other details. I would have finished, molded, and cast an inaccurate piece again! :O

It is now, in my opinion, the closest thing we'll have to a screen used version. There is one bit that isn't completely accurate. I had to cut out small rectangles on the small "crescent" shape so the "Eye Bars" could fit properly.

Untitled.jpg

Well, I'm kind of glad my print failed, because I forgot to add a few other details. I would have finished, molded, and cast an inaccurate piece again! :O

It is now, in my opinion, the closest thing we'll have to a screen used version. There is one bit that isn't completely accurate. I had to cut out small rectangles on the small "crescent" shape so the "Eye Bars" could fit properly.

View attachment 655005

Looks amazing!

If you need a third-party test print done, just for safety's sake of course, I'm always willing to help! :angel

Last piece to the puzzle:

Untitled.jpg

It can fit a 5-6mm cord.

I'll add the parts to Google Drive. The main piece is 24~ MB :eek

For those who want to order them, the files are up on Shapeways:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/J...s-quot-v2?optionId=60516397&li=shop-inventory

https://www.shapeways.com/product/F...l-quot-v2?optionId=60516406&li=shop-inventory

https://www.shapeways.com/product/E...amotto-v2?optionId=60516469&li=shop-inventory

https://www.shapeways.com/product/K...dapter-v2?optionId=60517195&li=shop-inventory

If you want to print them yourselves (for personal use), ask me, I'll send'em your way.

If you want to wait and order a fully functional one ( iffy on the seeing-through-dimensions part) you'll have to wait about 2 weeks. :'(

So, I had an idea. You know those "X"s that make the Ankh? Well, since everyone doesn't know how to screen print (and I really, REALLY don't want to make one just for this) I was thinking, maybe I could make a 3d printed stencil you can push ink or puff paint through. Each X "should" be .125" (1/8th") wide.

This is 2.2" wide by 8" long, by 1mm thick. I have no idea if my printer can make it. Considering it had problems with the Eye.

Untitled.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3J6vajd9j1wMzBSMUhMWWNMekE

And if you want to make a Screen Print version (PNG file):
Doctor Strange_Screen_Print.png

Hold up! In the close up pictures those x-es, seemed cross stiching, and only along the edge of the tunic. I thought the 'wings' of the 'ankh' were bleached in? Where are those hi-res pics when you need them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back