Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

Here is my Rubies dome (which has the entire mount removed) on top of the Black Series Vader:

img_5921.jpg

img_5922.jpg

img_5924.jpg

Looks a lot better with the rubies dome.The neck on the original reveal is also short.Not so much like on the toyhelmet but only a little bit longer from the front.

32500390pd.jpg

I got mine today and couldn't be more chuffed, especially for the price. I'm not a Vader aficionado like some of you guys, or versed in the finer points of dome size, proper mesh and tusk material etc.but it looks great on my shelf next to my other helmets which is all I really wanted. I've always wanted to own a Vader helmet and I just don't have the cash for the higher end stuff!

I was concerned that the dome would be small (and apparently it is compared to what it should be), but it's nowhere near as small as photos have been implying. Even the pic on the box itself isn't really a good representation of what's inside. I guess the eyes are a little large, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

In short, I love the look, weight (damn this thing is solid and much heavier than I thought), the sound FX and overall feel. The magnets are bloody strong and I especially like that they've treated the inside well, too. Extra props to Forbidden Planet for packaging it up really well inside a cardboard carrier (I've had issues with Amazon before just sticking the shipment note ON the box itself).

Well for my money, I think it looks great with the modified Rubies helmet. Considering the assumed cost of the EFX helmet (if you could even find it on evilbay) would prob be cost prohibitive for most and I'm not sure I would want to invest that much money on just the helmet considering the other issues with the inaccuracies.

If I could manage to find a rubies set on ebay for a decent price I might just pick this up for a cool vader display. I have the stormtrooper helmet and love it.

Well for my money, I think it looks great with the modified Rubies helmet. Considering the assumed cost of the EFX helmet (if you could even find it on evilbay) would prob be cost prohibitive for most and I'm not sure I would want to invest that much money on just the helmet considering the other issues with the inaccuracies.

If I could manage to find a rubies set on ebay for a decent price I might just pick this up for a cool vader display. I have the stormtrooper helmet and love it.

Actually the EFX is a very cheap helmet for the amount of accuracy that comes with it and the lineage that comes with it. Its pretty much just an updated DP CA helmet in todays market.

BTW, which Rubies dome is that from? The 2005 dome is a mess with the top strip and brow. Or is this a customized Rubies dome?

Yes its a modified Rubies dome. I fibreglassed the inside, sanded down the original center strip smooth and then added a new styrene one. I also made the brow areas more defined.

I got mine today and couldn't be more chuffed, especially for the price. I'm not a Vader aficionado like some of you guys, or versed in the finer points of dome size, proper mesh and tusk material etc.but it looks great on my shelf next to my other helmets which is all I really wanted. I've always wanted to own a Vader helmet and I just don't have the cash for the higher end stuff!

I was concerned that the dome would be small (and apparently it is compared to what it should be), but it's nowhere near as small as photos have been implying. Even the pic on the box itself isn't really a good representation of what's inside. I guess the eyes are a little large, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

In short, I love the look, weight (damn this thing is solid and much heavier than I thought), the sound FX and overall feel. The magnets are bloody strong and I especially like that they've treated the inside well, too. Extra props to Forbidden Planet for packaging it up really well inside a cardboard carrier (I've had issues with Amazon before just sticking the shipment note ON the box itself).

I agree with this 100%. Mine arrived from Amazon yesterday and I love it. I too have wanted a Vader helmet for decades and this will do me nicely! It may not be perfect but I can guarantee nobody who ever sees mine will ever think that the face is too wide or the dome is too small, or the eyes too big etc., etc..

My only complaint is that it's too black! I can fully understand now why the OT helmets were painted with the two-tone colour scheme.Without it the helmet looks like a huge black blob on my shelf! I might well do the two-tone paint scheme at some point and remove the mesh and replace it with proper metal stuff.

Anyway, thanks Hasbro! :)

Mine arrived today, Amazon UK tried to put my delivery back to the end of May! I gave them a couple of nudges and they got it out pretty quick. Irony is, I'm up to my eyes busy right now and probably won't open the box for a few days.

I'm loving some of the mods on here, I'm definitely doing the paint job at the very least.

Mine arrived today, Amazon UK tried to put my delivery back to the end of May! I gave them a couple of nudges and they got it out pretty quick. Irony is, I'm up to my eyes busy right now and probably won't open the box for a few days.

I'm loving some of the mods on here, I'm definitely doing the paint job at the very least.

May I ask how? I've just been on the phone to them (four issues with last four physical orders) and when I pushed on this I was told none were in stock and they were atill waiting on a confrmed date for stock to arrive

May I ask how? I've just been on the phone to them (four issues with last four physical orders) and when I pushed on this I was told none were in stock and they were atill waiting on a confrmed date for stock to arrive

The week after I ordered the status kept saying it would arrive the next day before 8pm. Then it shot to the end of May. When I placed the order there was no mention of pre-order or a 4-5 week wait. So I emailed explaining as much. They tried to say that it was a preorder with weeks delivery time. So I pointed out the imminent delivery status for a week. They then told me they would upgrade me to Prime shipping status but they had limited stock and it would still take a while. 48hrs later its here.
I always tend to email first, then I have I have stuff in writing to hit them with if I end up calling them.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back