heavily Modified Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster

joberg - Thanks! cant get enough of this thing!

Mechanized2400 - That wait list is like an interest list for another run of the HCG right? or is it a new model all together? I'm thinking I'm gonna sign up ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
@joberg - Thanks! cant get enough of this thing!

@Mechanized2400 - That wait list is like an interest list for another run of the HCG right? or is it a new model all together? I'm thinking I'm gonna sign up ASAP.

The wait list is for the last version offered at HCG. They are sold out, but if you get on the list and and any of the payment plans or other orders happen to fall through, then people on the waiting list will get a shot at making a purchase. The offer to purchase will be based upon order of getting placed on the waiting list.

The next version of Tomenosuke has not been offered through HCG yet.

I see. So there is no guarantee you are getting one. Just an opportunity in case some one doesn't follow through with their payments plan for the previous run. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding.

Also will there be any future runs available through HCG?

Thanks for the info Moviefreak !!

The wait list is for the last version offered at HCG. They are sold out, but if you get on the list and and any of the payment plans or other orders happen to fall through, then people on the waiting list will get a shot at making a purchase. The offer to purchase will be based upon order of getting placed on the waiting list.

The next version of Tomenosuke has not been offered through HCG yet.

I see. So there is no guarantee you are getting one. Just an opportunity in case some one doesn't follow through with their payments plan for the previous run. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding.

Also will there be any future runs available through HCG?

Thanks for the info @Moviefreak !!

Correct. There are no guarnatees and as far as I was told, this version is done with production. The new version will be produced next, but that might not be for a while.

I know I havent re-polished the receiver and the lever yet, but while I wait on my bottle of Perma Blue, I couldnt resist the urge to snap some shots to see how the weather is showing through. I'm trying to replicate some of the rust spots that show on the original prop, as seen in the pictures shared earlier in this thread by KramStaar ( which I am forever grateful for). What I do notice from his pictures is that there is more contrast thanks to the high polished look of the metal and the dullness of the spots on it. Like I mentioned before, the step I want to undo was that I gave the entire receiver a light coat of the Zinc solution and it slightly dulled the finish that I had already polished. I'm hoping to have this solved before the end of the weekend, if I get my Perma Blue on time. Still in these shots you can clearly see where I spattered some of the zinc solution to create smaller spots and I think it does the trick. If anyone else has any suggestions I would love to read them!

DSC_1556.jpg

DSC_1557.jpg

DSC_1551.jpg

DSC_1548.jpg

DSC_1545.jpg

DSC_1544.jpg

OUCH!!! My jaw dropped and hit the desk. Beautiful work.

I really love the look for the triggers and trigger guard. Perfect color, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Ted.

The color of the grips are really close to the original prop and it really makes that gun a must have IMO:cool

Thanks guys! I'm definitely having a blast with this project and I'm already gathering the pieces for my next Tomenosuke.

I've got yet another real found part to install this weekend. I got the side knob from a WW 2 military phone. Unfortunately the knob on the Tomen seems to be glued or welded in, so I'm gonna have to cut it out, re-drill and tap for the real knob.

Also did some more polishing and blueing on the receiver and Polished the handles a bit more.

I'll post better shots once the know is installed this weekend!!

IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2754.JPG

Oh man! A Tomen for 50% Retail! Congrats! :O Thats what I'm hoping to find this year for my second Tomen Project. Aside from the junk yard here (RPF) and ebay where else should I keep my eyes open for Tomens? Propsummit.com I suppose.

Looks great. I picked up a blaster where someone already started to strip the black back. I got it for well over 50% off of what they retail for, so it was a good score :)
I was thinking of doing a heavy mod like this so I love the updates you have been posting.

Today I was able to instal the real knob on the Tomen. Surprisingly the knob on my Tomen came off without having to damage it and this original one only required cutting a little bit of **** screw to fit in. I'm gonna pull it out to give it a coat of black paint and then weather it to look more like the one on the original prop, although I am enjoying the look of the patina on the knob at the moment.

DSC_1570.jpg

DSC_1571.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back