Silent Running hits blu-ray April 7th

even watching it now don't you think its pretty graphic?? don't you think?? I just watched this and was thinking WOW. geez killing everyone off except the robots and them naming the machines to be identified as humans to save some fruit tree's and bushes and then being spun into oblivion?? :confused G rating? yes kiddies this what the future is....:cry

Back then you had Rated G and rated R, maybe Pg, PG 13 didn't show up until the 80s so there's a lot of stuff that wouldn't be G now in old films. Look at Logan's Run where Jessica gets naked lol

My folks used to go to the movies a lot back in the 70s when they were dating and first married and it was alot of scifi films like this. My dad really liked this one and i remember being really little when he showed it to me on tv or even VHS. Sunday afternoons after wrestling they'd have movies on the local channels back in the 80s into the 90s and I remember seeing logan's run for the first time when i was in like first grade so i'm sure i saw this then too. This was sort of the golden age for non blockbuster scifi: Silent running, planet of the apes, soylent green, omega man, logan's run, westworld. So many great movies with simple but effective effects and actors who didn't have the charisma of a broken doorknob.

Loved the movie as a kid, rewatched it 20 years later and I could not get past the music, it is truly awful. Not a fan of rescoring but this is the one case where it really would help the movie get new fans.

No, this movie should not be rescored. This was, pardon the slur, a tree hugging movie and the music was that hippie tree hugger music. The score fits the theme of the movie (which by the way I love).

LOL still sounds bad. Bruce Derns character is obviously a psychopathic killer, he kills off his entire human crew!!!... Does no one even care? The robots Huey, Dewey, and Louie are the real stars of the film.The robots are great!

I hated the soundtrack IN the seventies, thankfully I remember it only being two Baez songs....maybe three. I'm sure I'd like it even less now. The robots were great, but I'm not sure I want this on blu-ray.

LOL still sounds bad. Bruce Derns character is obviously a psychopathic killer, he kills off his entire human crew!!!... Does no one even care? The robots Huey, Dewey, and Louie are the real stars of the film.The robots are great!

I hated those jerks, but they we're written probably to represent the a-holes that got earth that bad off to begin with.
They didn't belong on that mission that's for sure. Totally betrayed it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back