Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Im disappointed. Its 30 years in the future and all they can do is snub the nose and redo the engines a bit. I hope the story is killer

That is actually pretty realistic. Take for example the Boeing 737 first introduced into service in 1968 and is still used widely today, and it looks basically the same. Also even our military fighter jets while today's differ from the ones in the 80s the basic shape and design has endured. The x wing type ships in the pic do show some streamlining so that is a good progression. I would bet the Falcon will be the only unchanged vehicle in EP 7. Han would want to keep it that way. :)

I like to see FULL sets being built like this:

millennium-falcon-star-wars-spoiler-sneak-peek-behind-the-scenes-photos-0123-480w.jpg

While he was terrible, I don't think it's all his fault.

I have a flick on DVD "Life as a House" that he is quite good in... and the other day my wife and I saw a few minutes of a movie he was in post Ep 2 - not sure what it was - and we both commented on how much better he was in those couple of scenes. Natural.

He was just a victim of one of the worst flicks ever.

None of that will matter if there is another Hayden Christensen like acting performance in this one. It's not unheard of for an actor to get canned in the middle of a movie, which is what bewilders me in how they didn't ****** can him half way through Episode II, instead of letting him drive the thing into the ground. Although he is not the only thing wrong with Episodes II & III, had they pulled the plug on him and got someone else in there, Ep II might not be the flaming turd it currently is today.

Here is my take on this... with the announcement that the first SW spinoff movie is slated for December 16, 2016, but a year after the release of Ep7 I would think to save money they would do the Han Solo spinoff being the falcon is already built and ready at the soundstage! Granted they can take it apart and store it, but with such a quick turnaround time for the spinoff film already, it would seem logical to take advantage of the ship already being built.

I really hope that X-Wing is shortened for cockpit shots and that it's not the whole ship. It looks okay cockpit back, but the stubby nose is awful. So far I'm not impressed by this stuff other than the Falcon and that RM arch... :unsure

For comparison, this was the current X-Wing variant in the EU at the same time. You can't see, but the intakes have a more angular design and it has a third torpedo launcher under the other two (bump under the regular launchers). It looks a lot cooler.
StealthX-EGW.jpg

Last edited:

No matter what this film won't please everyone, X -wings don't make a good film they are just a part of the jigsaw.....and have been done in 3 movies, its time for a change and they are doing the right thing by keeping the familiar designs and tweaking them........

Anybody raving about the full scale snow speeders in Empire ???? No thought not !!!! But can't recall anyone ranting about them either......

I recommend that those that have the film designed in their head should not see this film when its out, just get your toys out and play with em, it will be the film you want then.... Everything is awesome :)

I'm so glad to see the falcon being rebuilt for this!! X-wings look great too. Definitely a nod to the original art. The big pig things though.... Are they taking the Star Wars Angry Birds thing literally..?? lol

I'd say it's planned. They are all comming from TMZ so I'm guessing theyve payed for them.

Ben

The way I look at it is this. Were still a looong way away from debut night, we have a handful of pics, people have preconceived notions, people will love the movie, people will hate the movie, we have an X-Wing that is an X-Wing, not something that sorta kinda looks like one if you squint while standing on your head with strawberry jelly smeared in your eyes. Of course it isn't going to be exactly the same as the originals, that would be silly. If someone thinks they could have come up with a better design well then you didn't do enough to get yourself hired to do the design work on the movie did you?

There's going to be complainers for the next year, it doesn't help to complain about the complainers because they aren't going anywhere. Just sit back and enjoy the ride until opening night. :D

(oh, before anyone complains, this was mainly tongue in cheek, gotta be careful you know....)

I turn 40 on Friday and I'm not yet cynical, thank God. I'm still not even cynical about the PT. These pics give me the impression that a lot of love is going into this.

When we finally do get a trailer and we see an older Luke with his saber, well, I'm not even going to fight off tears if I feel like they're coming. My brother didn't live to see these or even the PT. I'll let my hopes get up and be an emotional little bitch with pride. I'll do it enough for myself and the one who can't be here to be excited about it with me.

Seeing the Falcon and the X-wing (with the E wing nose haha) made me almost dizzy. As much as I worry that the sequel will be full of nods and callbacks to the original that will spoil the film, the first nods and callbacks have made me very excited!

I'd say it's planned. They are all comming from TMZ so I'm guessing theyve payed for them.

Ben
I started thinking the same thing yesterday about this.
  • it was just enough image to tease us but nothing overly revealing. we all knew we'd see the falcon and just being in Dubai we knew a desert setting and with JJ Abrahms video a few weeks ago showing the market and that walking creature with the backpack already established the market area... all we saw was background people... the big pig was the coolest thing and newest thing but it too will just be a background creature seen for about 15 seconds as a character walks by much like the creatures in New Hope as they entered the Cantina. no doubt someone at Disney marketing is actually behind these "leaks", I think.
    As things get done, they trot them out to make the original trilogy fans happy. They will not stand for the reception ep. 1-3 got. Disney has it all figured out.. with toys and ticket sales they will make bank and get their 4.2 billion dollars back before Episode 9 even gets made!

Yeah these kind of leaks don't expose anything about the story, just locations and props and ships that we all clearly figured would feature in a SW film with the fast announced.

I agree. I have a very strong feeling these images were a planned leak. What better way to generate interest and stir up the fan base than seeing two of the most iconic ships from the OT. :) I'm happy

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back