Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Dang,i guess i'd better cancel my ever delayed order as that's my head size also....

Ive always had issues with helmets or hats lol. I have a red hood helmet that I have to sort of bend to make go over.

Good luck with the Stormie bucket. I'm assuming there's less roll bc it's a toy by nature. I haven't tried an efx replica but looks like that's my only choice.

I I will say the plastic is very strong on the Black Series.

On the front of the dome are two small dings evenly spaced on both sides. Manufacturer error or damaged in shipping?

Are there screw posts on the inside at those points? I'm still waiting on mine, so I can't check, myself, but I've noticed on a lot of my injection-molded things slight depressions on the surface opposite where there are molded posts for things to screw onto. If they're something that bothers you, then there's probably nothing you can do except smooth them over and paint the whole thing.

--Jonah

Subbed..
Just bought one of the Hasbro Black Series Rogue One helmets from E-Bay UK, now waiting for it to arrive..
So I'll be following this thread with intrest..

Sean

This thing reacts to heat like real ABS, so you can use a heat gun to reshape or smooth things out.

why? is it hard to hear inside the mask?

Actually I kinda meant modding it so that the voice changer sound came out of the mic tips as opposed to the back of the helmet... I'm actually surprised they, Hasbro, didn't do that themselves... it would have seemed that natural way to do it as opposed to slits in the back of the helmet

Yeh, it's very odd that they put them on the back... and odder that they put all that time and effort into incorporating a voice changer that doesn't actually do anything!!

anyone going to try and mod theirs so that the mic tips... well... work as mics?

I put the Hytech Toys ones from fleabay in my eFX. Search for:

STORMTROOPER HELMET HOVI TIP SPEAKERS W/ INSTALLATION KIT (SPEAKERS ONLY)

I wasn't able to get their voice changer to work very well but the mic tips are good and work well.

dattrooptho.jpg

Ordered one from TRU last Friday and got it this Tuesday, but just opened it tonight. Gonna have to file down a spot or two, and there is a small black mark above the right eye, but overall I am pleased. For the price, it's just too hard to complain. Between this and the Kylo, BS is on a roll. Really hoping they do a Vader at this point.

The thing with the voice changer is that if it didn't have one your average person in the store will say, "Oh cool a stormtrooper helmet! What??!!! They want $80 for this?!! That's insane, maybe I'll get the first order one they had in the Halloween area, that one was only $30, and it looked just as good..."
The electronics are what would make normal people pay $80.

A year before "Chewbacca Mom" became a viral sensation my best friend used to drive around in her Disney store Stormtrooper voicechanger mask going through drive-thrus and freaking out fellow drivers. At the time, I was super impressed with the voice features & special effects. I don't know if it was manufactured by Hasbro- but it seemed like a no brainer to just import that item's features- the sound bites and radio squelch. Honestly, given what I've read, I haven't bothered to try the voice changer yet.

A small tube attached to the mic goes a long way to funnel the sound to the mic and amplify it more. Voice changer aside, this thing is cool enough on its own. We must be spoiled something awful nowadays to have something so good for relatively little $$$ and still be so picky. Lol :):)

Actually I kinda meant modding it so that the voice changer sound came out of the mic tips as opposed to the back of the helmet... I'm actually surprised they, Hasbro, didn't do that themselves... it would have seemed that natural way to do it as opposed to slits in the back of the helmet

Speaker goes behind the big black grille on the chin. I need to see how the one that comes with it sounds (Amazon hasn't received their Shadow Trooper stock yet) to know whether I can recommend the stock one or upgrade. The "mic tips" are aerators for air inlets. Small noiseless laptop fans behind those will do a good job of keeping you cool.

From what folks have said, I do definitely recommend upgrading the microphone that comes with it, though.

--Jonah

The "mic tips" are aerators for air inlets.
Yeah, the notion that they would be "mic tips" is not from inside the Star Wars universe but from a (now debunked) theory about the real-world part.

The original part may look like a microphone but it is most likely an insert for a water faucet, maybe even acquired from the same hardware store as the drawer tracks used on the "rifles" that people sometimes still refer to as "windshield wipers" ...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back