MCU Spider-Man - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

Awesome work Ken, thanks a lot. Now I will have the perfect spidey suit for carneval next year here in Germany.
Btw I made my lenses out of some 0,5mm black cardboard (11 layers) using your model and it looks great for me.

Last edited:
Update on the mechanical lenses.

I think I'm going to make a face shell that will accommodate the mechanics and the new flush mounted frames. Nothing fancy for movement, just a cable (or string) a few small eyelets mounted inside the shell and a small spring to return the shutters. I made a 2 frame animation to illustrate. It's not to scale or anything, it's just to show the basic mechanics...more to come.
lens_motion.gif
(click on image to animate)

Oh ya like they got this shine to them, especially when he moves...I've seen it twice and noticed it the second time

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So my friend sent me a hd quality boot leg of the movie so if anyone wants or if it would be okay with i could take screen caps of certain scenes tp help

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Hello to everyone here in the RPF, i'm new but i saw the progress in this pattern, so i decide to do some tweaks because i know some people who wanted the iron spider in Civil War... So i made this mcu Iron spider.png I know i'm starting with this. If i finish in the next week, with permission of ken i will uploading this in jpg ready to print.

Hey everyone, I did some recent searching on the internet for more pics of the figure so we could get a better idea of it. I found these two while looking around. I don't know if they will be as of much help, but it may give us a good idea until we see full HD 360 shots of the suit. Enjoy!

MARVEL---S-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-CIVIL-WAR-6-Inch-LEGENDS-3-Pack-Figures-Spider-Man-1024x936.jpgmlspiderman.jpg

Hello folks!! I have printed with sublimation another version of ken Landrum's awesome work but i have a problem.

The fabric was called "diver's fabric" Right after print, the color and everything was perfect but when sewing started and some testing while sewing, small white fibers started to came out. They are annoying especially knee areas where the fabric stretches but in general, there are fibres coming out of the fabric.

Perhaps this fabric is bad for such heat application. Because the fabric which i didnt print is pretty good and has no fibres coming out.

What kind of fabric am I suppose to use? How can I solve this issue? There is an event coming soon and I have to solve this problem fast, thanks in advance.
13230766_10154114737310758_1053192893_o.jpg13224190_10154114734025758_1923632477_o.jpg13230781_10154114734230758_2003091912_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I did some recent searching on the internet for more pics of the figure so we could get a better idea of it. I found these two while looking around. I don't know if they will be as of much help, but it may give us a good idea until we see full HD 360 shots of the suit. Enjoy!

View attachment 624730View attachment 624731

Only problem is that those are most definitely just interpretations. Lots of innacuracies

Made a prototype with cardboard and floss. I tried using a spring from a pen but it's too stiff for the cardboard to resist bending. I have ideas for micro motors to winch the string linkage either way if I ever get around to further developing this.

spidey_lens_cardboard.gif

I also played around with an actual aperture from some old camera, but I think replicating this by sizing it up would be too unwieldy to actually put on a mask.

spidey_lens_shutter.gif

Attachments

• spidey_lens_cardboard.jpg
    spidey_lens_cardboard.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Hello folks!! I have printed with sublimation another version of ken Landrum's awesome work but i have a problem.

The fabric was called "diver's fabric" Right after print, the color and everything was perfect but when sewing started and some testing while sewing, small white fibers started to came out. They are annoying especially knee areas where the fabric stretches but in general, there are fibres coming out of the fabric.

Perhaps this fabric is bad for such heat application. Because the fabric which i didnt print is pretty good and has no fibres coming out.

What kind of fabric am I suppose to use? How can I solve this issue? There is an event coming soon and I have to solve this problem fast, thanks in advance.
View attachment 624832View attachment 624831View attachment 624833

I have no idea how to fix the white fibers. Maybe try washing the fabric first? As for the fabric to use, you probably should have used the standard lycra for dye subs

TheTaurus, you can use a simple lighter to carefully burn the pillings of. I have to do this on my deadpool dye sub all the time. You will have to be carefull with the suit though. Even a backpack might cause some of those white fibers dticking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unsure if anyone has posted this still yet, but I caught this on a really decent copy of Civil War that a friend sent me.

Really hope it can help improve the design, super excited to see this all coming together!

webshooter.png

Unsure if anyone has posted this still yet, but I caught this on a really decent copy of Civil War that a friend sent me.

Really hope it can help improve the design, super excited to see this all coming together!

View attachment 625179
It's been posted. Just be careful posting those because we are kind of in a moral grey area about it. We want to improve the suit but we don't want to condone pirating which is how that picture was got

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

I was looking into printing these beautiful web shooter models for my suit, but does anyone have any clue about the top of the shooter?

Is it just a band that goes around? Anyone else using these models have a good velcro/strap they are using?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back