The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Went to Fan Expo Dallas this past weekend as Star-Lord with the Infinity Gauntlet. I've been working on this costume off and on for the past couple months. I generally liked the way it turned out, though I need to find a better way to secure the blaster holsters on to the side of my pants. The velcro came unglued at the end of the day from all the movement. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Went to Fan Expo Dallas this past weekend as Star-Lord with the Infinity Gauntlet. I've been working on this costume off and on for the past couple months. I generally liked the way it turned out, though I need to find a better way to secure the blaster holsters on to the side of my pants. The velcro came unglued at the end of the day from all the movement. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 808867 View attachment 808868

Sew the velcro on or switch to snaps or both.

Other than the t-shirt, I suppose you are dressing up as Star-Lord inspired clothing? I don't see how is that a Star-Lord cosplay.

Are you kidding me? He's got the helmet on, the boots, the Walkman, the bag, guns, and a red jacket. Saying that's not cosplay is one of the douchiest things I've seen on here in a long time. He doesn't have to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on it for it to qualify.

Just throwing it out there. I’m selling all my Starlord Preimum gear. It’s all up in the junkyard. Magnoli Jacket, Real Sony TPS-L2, Rocket Boots, rockets, Danny V pants, belt, GOTG 2 spats, SIQ GOTG 1 Pants with glowing rocket Contols. Also blasters and other stuff.

4F3C4E9C-7BA6-4A38-AF3B-D2440D8B184B.jpeg

Are you kidding me? He's got the helmet on, the boots, the Walkman, the bag, guns, and a red jacket. Saying that's not cosplay is one of the douchiest things I've seen on here in a long time. He doesn't have to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on it for it to qualify.

Really? I'm a ****** by saying that? Your definition of cosplay and mine are different then.

Really? I'm a ****** by saying that? Your definition of cosplay and mine are different then.

Yep, 100%. I personally do spend a ton of money on my costumes and put a lot of work into making them accurate, but that doesn't mean someone else deserves to be treated poorly because they don't want to spend that much money. Expecting someone else to sacrifice their enjoyment of their hobby to meet your standards is disrespectful and rude, and I'm tired of seeing people like you ruin this hobby for other people.

Yep, 100%. I personally do spend a ton of money on my costumes and put a lot of work into making them accurate, but that doesn't mean someone else deserves to be treated poorly because they don't want to spend that much money. Expecting someone else to sacrifice their enjoyment of their hobby to meet your standards is disrespectful and rude, and I'm tired of seeing people like you ruin this hobby for other people.

I don't see I am in anyway disrespecting you in my initial post, I am just saying that you are dressing up in a Star-Lord inspired costume. Why are you disappointed and why am I ruining it for everyone else?

I a certain way, I felt that you are disrespecting the character by not portraying the character well, and not trying to get accurate clothing, accessories and props that represent the character.

1. I don't see Star-Lord wearing a Infinity Gauntlet anywhere else, including the comics as well.
2. You don't bother to clip the Walkman in the correct position he usually wears. He wears it on the belt, not on the hip pockets.
3. He's not a brunette

You're having fun by thinking you're Star-Lord, go ahead. But telling people that you are cosplaying as Star-Lord on the other hand needs to be justified.

dude, please stop. Its one thing to help someone out if they ask "hey any suggestions on what I could do to make my costume more accurate", but its another thing entirely to suggest he's doing something wrong because of some minuscule details that you deem to be inaccurate....like his hair color :facepalm

just gonna put this here:

Untitled.jpg

Other than the t-shirt, I suppose you are dressing up as Star-Lord inspired clothing? I don't see how is that a Star-Lord cosplay.

I'm sorry you feel this way about a thing that I did and that it does not meet your requirements for "cosplay". I guess genderbent cosplays don't count in your book either. Or cosplayers that dress as their favorite characters even though they are not the same race/hair color/height/weight. I'm sorry you have super high expectations that everything be screen accurate. Yea so Star-Lord doesn't actually equip the Infinity Gauntlet in the movies. I guess all mash-up cosplays are bull**** in your book too. Once again, sorry? I guess?

Thanks to Auel I've seen the light. I'm Asian so I guess I'll go back to cosplaying as Wong, or The Ancient One (comic version), or Sunfire, or the Mandarin (comic version). Oh wait, my body type isn't the same as MCU Wong. I'm not from Tibet, so I would be disrespecting the character that is The Ancient One. Sunfire is out since I'm not Japanese. Mandarin is Chinese, but I'm Taiwanese. Out also. Damn, looks like I'm out of luck.

Guess I'll quit this cosplay thing that I thought I was doing for fun. /s

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol

don't waste the energy with some goofs like that, they must be a real hoot at conventions, pointing out how steampunk isn't accurate to the character they are portraying, etc.
I mean truthfully dude shouldn't talk because unless he's got blasters that actually shoot, and a helmet that magically appears from a button behind his ear, he's just playing dress-up as well.

In the end, we're just a bunch of nerds trying to have fun and escape into this world we all love. So some of us have varying degrees of seriousness to this craft. It's no different than any other hobby out there. I guess all professional athletes should turn their nose up at everyone that even tries to attempt to play their sport since we're not doing every little thing right.

I'm not too hung up on him or her. This community has been 99% great and positive and I love seeing all the cosplays people put out, whether they spent thousands of dollars or something quickly thrown together. I just needed to vent a little after waking up and seeing his or her comments. My Wednesday can only get better from here!

NEW LOOK AT STAR-LORD’S UNDERSHIRT in Avengers Infinity War. I’m needing this to help complete my Infinity War cosplay, anyone able to make this or find this shirt?
61a15752fe15d13cbf78aa06f4bee927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't waste the energy with some goofs like that, they must be a real hoot at conventions, pointing out how steampunk isn't accurate to the character they are portraying, etc.
I mean truthfully dude shouldn't talk because unless he's got blasters that actually shoot, and a helmet that magically appears from a button behind his ear, he's just playing dress-up as well.

I don't point out people who are in bad costumes in real life, why would you assume that? You guys are easily butt hurt over me saying sometime is dressing up instead of cosplaying.

My opinion is to my own, I'm not even trying to tell everyone on this board that "Hey! This guy is not properly cosplaying!". Maybe I should send the guy a PM and talk to him instead? Then what is this board for?

You are going way overboard about how cosplay costumes and movie magic works.

The dude at Disneyland does a good job portraying and "cosplaying" as Star-Lord as a job, that is commitment and I enjoy that.

Also, I just don't see how Steampunk, genderbender are cosplaying imo. And it's my opinion, I'm not trying to tell the world that it's not cosplaying or what not. You get happy with what you want to call it, I'm just pointing out my own facts and criticism. I you can't get over with a little criticism and improve, why are you even cosplaying?

Why not wear a Gearshift t-shirt, red jeans and brown boots and call yourself Star-Lord?

But honestly, all you wanted is attention by posting your picture here.

The thread is about the definitive Star-Lord/Peter Quill costume, you are also in a way disrespecting the people here who are hunting, making props and tailoring their ass off to be as accurate as possible and stay true to the movie.

If mods or anyone think I'm an idiot or a dou che by saying these things, feel free to ban me off this board.

I don't see how your "cosplay" is relevant to this particular thread.

But honestly, all you wanted is attention by posting your picture here.

The thread is about the definitive Star-Lord/Peter Quill costume, you are also in a way disrespecting the people here who are hunting, making props and tailoring their ass off.

I’m pretty sure it’s titled Definitive to be a catch-all for everything regarding Star-Lord, as opposed to separate ones for jacket/pants/boots, not for the “definitive” costume.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back