Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Someone who has the kit needs to hurry up and get some measurements to ParaGrafix so they can get started on my new cockpit interior.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I know....he's the best.....his FM Falcon was the ultimate....(I say was, because he sold it,....not that there has been a better job)

The way I look at it,....it's better to have a great build to aspire & aim towards,....and also to get those up close new reference pics

J
Truthfully, that's what got me into this. I did like, EVERY amt star wars kit i could find in the late nineties (poorly). Then I got out of it for a decade. Then in about 2009 I "stumbled upon" the resin Illuminati and was blown away by the quality.

The whole reason I got into models was because the toys didn't compare to what I saw on screen.

And then I was annoyed because those amt kits were also pretty bad. Getting the moebius viper mk2 was a godsend.

So yeah, I can't wait to follow John's falcon build. (I just wish he did a video log. Mind you, perhaps the reason he does so much is that he doesn't waste his time with that stuff)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

All right I didn't realise my post would escalate so quickly.
Please let me clarify.
I appreciate his videos, as he doing it first so kudos for that. I think he is very good in building kits. But since I am an amateur pretty much everyone is better than me, that is why I wrote there are more qualified people to judge that.
As for his videos.
All of you who wrote give him a break. There is no need to giving him a break.
He puts his videos on youtube, publicly, if I want I can tell I don't like the way he presents his videos. It doesn't matter if he is ill or nervous the result could be better. There are people who can nicely present videos in an organised way but he cannot.
It is a simple critic not an offensive against his person. I'm confident he is a nice guy and I'm happy I can watch his videos. But that won't change the fact he could do it better. He nervous, that something he can work on. He's ill, I wouldn't mind waiting a week more before making it. He could still record the video and make the comments after.
But I guess it is important to be the first to post.
But honestly, I just had an opinion, didn't want to analyse the whole video.

Some people do tightly scripted and well edited shows. You're right, that's not Scale Model Jedi.

He does a blog and shares his thoughts on the fly, as if he's having a one sided conversation and trying to anticipate questions from the viewer.

I watch quite a few Youtubers, modelers, woodworkers etc., and I tend to prefer the ones who are natural and off the cuff. Polished and scripted can seem phony unless you're really good at it.

This is what I was talking about. A well done, professional review with well-chosen images and good sound quality. Excuses don't get it. Quality does.

First we beg for a video then destroy the poor sap that obliges. I'm scared to death to ever post a video again.

I guess one needs a master's in video production and the voice of an angel around here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Having an opinion and making criticism on a video does not destroy anyone and no one should be afraid of it. I didn't want to go in details because this is a forum about MF and not how to make a proper youtube vid. But after everyone came with swords defending him, we made some valid points (as in constructive criticism) If anyone get butthurt of that or being scared they should really work on their self-esteem because apparently they have more issues than the lack of video editing skills.
I cannot see the problem why one cannot prefer a video which actually enjoyable to watch and listen to. I don't care about the voice of a person as long he can make well formulated sentences in an organized fashion. That doesn't crave a master's degree in video production just a pen, paper, and 5 to 10 minutes preparation prior recording.
I think we should move on as stated before we have nothing against anyone in person, but everyone should be able to have preferences and voice a valid opinion.
And just think if I would hate so much his videos I wouldn't share here in the first place.

This is what I was talking about. A well done, professional review with well-chosen images and good sound quality. Excuses don't get it. Quality does.
Not every video on YouTube needs to be "professional". Sometimes it is nice to see ones where it appears it is just a normal person giving their opinion, not someone working for a company or reading from a script. Reviews and unboxing videos from companies or stores aren't always very credible to me because they may have a biased view and want to make the product appear better than it is. However, there certainly are people who make way better videos than others.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Extending your joke, in the realm of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, to build things by just snap-fitting wood is considered more elegant and civilized than employing nails and adhesives.
If I were to build this kit a second time, I think I shall challenge completing it without using a drop of glue.

Touche :cheers

Having an opinion and making criticism on a video does not destroy anyone and no one should be afraid of it. I didn't want to go in details because this is a forum about MF and not how to make a proper youtube vid. But after everyone came with swords defending him, we made some valid points (as in constructive criticism) If anyone get butthurt of that or being scared they should really work on their self-esteem because apparently they have more issues than the lack of video editing skills.
I cannot see the problem why one cannot prefer a video which actually enjoyable to watch and listen to. I don't care about the voice of a person as long he can make well formulated sentences in an organized fashion. That doesn't crave a master's degree in video production just a pen, paper, and 5 to 10 minutes preparation prior recording.
I think we should move on as stated before we have nothing against anyone in person, but everyone should be able to have preferences and voice a valid opinion.
And just think if I would hate so much his videos I wouldn't share here in the first place.
I agree. It is what I was saying, but in a more general way. Now, can we put away the torches and pitchforks and get back to the topic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back