Endor Patrol 1:48 scale

Hemble

Hi All,

Recipe.

AT-ST & figures- is from Bandai and has been built straight out of the box. The figures are from the Imperial Assualt box set and the troopers are been modified.

Base - is high density foam and cut out and the trees have been done by using aluminium foil and then spakfilla was used to cover the foil and a wide brush was used to make the bark. The branches are from Woodland Scenics, I also used woodland Scenics for the smaller trees.

The ground work is spakfilla mixed with dirt and then spread across the base and once dry I used a mix of static grass, ground up leaves, dirt, railway model foam clumps and blended the lot together and glued to the base. The mud is a mix of spakfilla and paint and it was dapped over the base and once dry I used Woodland Scenics Realistic Water to give it a more wet look.

The undergrowth is from a company called MiniNatur and also Army Painter and once applied to the base it was sprayed with Matt Sealant.

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 168
G'day Hemble ,
Been looking at your other sites / posts ..... some terrific stuff mate . Haven't really got anything to add to what others have already said , except maybe , any chance of you posting a thread of one of your builds from start to finish ? . With step by step pics & text . Asking cause ( sure I'm not the only one ) , it'd be helpful for people who're interested in dioramas , and , perhaps tackling one themselves .

Cheers Ged :thumbsup

p.s. those Endorian trees look brilliantly scaled & finished

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day @Hemble ,
Been looking at your other sites / posts ..... some terrific stuff mate . Haven't really got anything to add to what others have already said , except maybe , any chance of you posting a thread of one of your builds from start to finish ? . With step by step pics & text . Asking cause ( sure I'm not the only one ) , it'd be helpful for people who're interested in dioramas , and , perhaps tackling one themselves .

p.s. those Endorian trees look brilliantly scaled & finished
Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Hey Ged,

Thanks heaps mate and yeah I can do a start to finish on the diorama's no problem at all. If you are interested I can show the step by step I did for this diorama if your interested just let me know.

Ron

G'day Ron ,

Sorry for this late reply , but , yes please . On this or any other project ( past & future ) . It'd be great to learn the ' how , where , when , what ? ' etc.... from someone who's obviously very talented , but also situated here in Aus ( No offence anyone ) . Due to the fact that some of the products & materials possibly used by you will be easier to source locally .

Some other inspiring build threads I follow , describe items that are ; a) Only available Overseas and too expensive ( when postage $ is inc. ) , or b) Prohibited for import - for whatever reason .

Anyhoo , enough rambling - I've subscribed to this thread . Looking forward to your first tutorial mate ;) !!!

Ged :cheers

G'day Ron ,

Sorry for this late reply , but , yes please . On this or any other project ( past & future ) . It'd be great to learn the ' how , where , when , what ? ' etc.... from someone who's obviously very talented , but also situated here in Aus ( No offence anyone ) . Due to the fact that some of the products & materials possibly used by you will be easier to source locally .

Some other inspiring build threads I follow , describe items that are ; a) Only available Overseas and too expensive ( when postage $ is inc. ) , or b) Prohibited for import - for whatever reason .

Anyhoo , enough rambling - I've subscribed to this thread . Looking forward to your first tutorial mate ;) !!!

Ged :cheers

Hey Ged,

Yeah your so right mate I had to source materials here in Australia as some items aren't allowed in country or the seller wouldn't post to Australia. I will get WIP pics up on this post soon and thanks mate.

Ron

Hi All,

Started a new dio and this one will be a AT-ST on patrol on Endor. The AT-ST is from Bandai and built straight out of the box and the stormtroopers are from SW Imperial Assault and have been heavily modified.

The scale of the troopers is 28mm which I think is 1/64 scale so to me it is a very minor size difference and I need troopers for my 1:48 scale dios.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

Did a tiny bit of work yesterday and added the base for the trees. I used foam board and glued pieces together and once try I trimmed the edges until I was happy with the way they looked.

I will start covering them with some aluminium foil to get the texture I want and then I will cover that with spakfilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

I have added the aluminium foil to the tree and what I did first was roll up what I needed then pressed it all together and then un-rolled it and rolled it around the tree.

Once it is around the tree I then started to lightly crunch it all together and kept doing it until it was all foil was crimped together.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

Last update for the night.

I covered the foil using spakfilla, PVA and some drops of Vallejo Beige Brown and German Grey. Once dry I then gave them 5 washes of Vallejo's German Cam Black Brown, I started of with a light wash then went up to a heavy wash for the last wash.

I have also started on the Stormtroopers, I used Vallejo white and then gave a wash of matt black and then dry brushed them with white. Once dry I painted the black areas and the vents and mouth section and I just need to add a little more detail and give them a weather.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

Another little update, I have been busy with commissions so my dio is on and off at the moment.

I restarted on the trees and gave them a dry brush of dark brown then gave them a dry brush medium grey. Once the medium grey was dry I then gave the trees a was of a 50/50 mix of dark brown and medium grey.

When the was dry I then gave them two dry brush coats of light grey. I still need tone down the grey and give the trees a wash of khaki and beige and then I can add the branches.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

The trees are now done, I gave them as wash with beige brown and then a wash with khaki.

The leaves are from woodland scenic and I gave them a wash of U.S. Dark green and then once dry attached them to the trunks using superglue.

The AT-ST was brushed with two light coats of medium grey and once fully dry it will be given a few different depths of black wash.

Attachments

• IMG_8189.JPG
    IMG_8189.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8188.JPG
    IMG_8188.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8187.JPG
    IMG_8187.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_8186.JPG
    IMG_8186.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8469.JPG
    IMG_8469.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_8470.JPG
    IMG_8470.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8477.JPG
    IMG_8477.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_8475.JPG
    IMG_8475.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8473.JPG
    IMG_8473.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 1q.JPG
    1q.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 2q.JPG
    2q.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 114
  • 3q.JPG
    3q.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 116
  • 4q.JPG
    4q.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8499.JPG
    IMG_8499.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8498.JPG
    IMG_8498.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8496.JPG
    IMG_8496.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8505.JPG
    IMG_8505.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_8504.JPG
    IMG_8504.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8503.JPG
    IMG_8503.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8501.JPG
    IMG_8501.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8500.JPG
    IMG_8500.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 119
Base - is high density foam and cut out and the trees have been done by using aluminium foil and then spakfilla was used to cover the foil and a wide brush was used to make the bark. The branches are from Woodland Scenics, I also used woodland Scenics for the smaller trees.

The ground work is spakfilla mixed with dirt and then spread across the base and once dry I used a mix of static grass, ground up leaves, dirt, railway model foam clumps and blended the lot together and glued to the base. The mud is a mix of spakfilla and paint and it was dapped over the base and once dry I used Woodland Scenics Realistic Water to give it a more wet look.

The undergrowth is from a company called MiniNatur and also Army Painter and once applied to the base it was sprayed with Matt Sealant.

THE END.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 127
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back