Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Still no link for this? someone has to have downloaded it haha.

Hey, sorry - I actually reuploaded it, but then when I deleted my "PKD" folder from my dropbox, I didn't think of the link... I can send it to you when I'm back at my place, the model is still on my hard drive there...

Just bought a pair, orange and blue, off Ebay from a dealer in japan that a few other people had as well. $70 for both, shipping is gonna take forever. Was hoping to have one intergrated with electronics before Oct. 6 for New York Comic Con.

I'll be using an A23 12v battery to power all 7 LEDs.

For access I cut out this bottom compartment:

BGtngAO.jpg

For anyone else attempting the same mod or something similar I highly recommend a jeweler's saw w/wax blades for multi-directional cutting ;)

So the trigger snapped off on my blaster. I think I can fix it I just need to drill into both pieces and add a braid nail for support and glue them together. :angry
I recommend that you add a lubricant like powder graphite or a greasy like substance so the pull of the trigger is smooth and not taut.

I managed to to get most of the upper receiver cut at the seam, going to hold off until I get my saw blades.

I did get my Blaster Front Bit from Shapeways today which were designed by avagoyamug, I ordered them in FUD (Fine Ultra Detail) and they are beautiful clean, smooth and sharp. Thanks again avagoyamug !
Have a look...

fYfkBMq.jpg
LYOof45.jpg

Attachments

• P_20170915_164206_SRES.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 99
  • P_20170915_163436_HDR.jpg
    P_20170915_163436_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I did get my Blaster Front Bit from Shapeways today which were designed by wayouteast, I ordered them in FUD (Fine Ultra Detail) and they are beautiful clean, smooth and sharp. Thanks again wayouteast !

Much as I'd love to take credit for such lovely work, for the record the Shapeways front receiver detail was actually created and very kindly made available by avagoyamug. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Much as I'd love to take credit for such lovely work, for the record the Shapeways front receiver detail was actually created and very kindly made available by @avagoyamug. :)
:( My apologies to avagoyamug. Will update my original post. :p :wacko It's Friday and i'm very tired.

Hey, sorry - I actually reuploaded it, but then when I deleted my "PKD" folder from my dropbox, I didn't think of the link... I can send it to you when I'm back at my place, the model is still on my hard drive there...

Alright cool, im basically waiting for it so I can start my project.

Is there a version of avagoyamug's front receiver that comes with the part you immediately have to cut off already removed?

anybody know a place to get cheap green 3mm led lights? I need 10

I bought a $5 assortment of 3mm and 5mm led lights. But the green bulbs actually light up a yellowish color.
very disappointing and not sure to order different ones on Ebay cause they all seem the same.

Getoninja , why not just paint over them with Tamiya clear green paint ? That's what I'm planning for mine - standard cool white Leds painted ' clear ' red and green .

- - - Updated - - -

If cheap alternatives ( Leds ) can't be easily found .

anybody know a place to get cheap green 3mm led lights? I need 10

I bought a $5 assortment of 3mm and 5mm led lights. But the green bulbs actually light up a yellowish color.
very disappointing and not sure to order different ones on Ebay cause they all seem the same.

I can't give you an account on how good and bright these are since i'm also looking LEDs for this project but here are some links. they also have 5mm.

pack of 25: https://www.adafruit.com/product/777
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/533
http://lighthouseleds.com/led-component-lighting/clear-top-dip-leds/3mm-round-top-led.html

Is there a version of avagoyamug's front receiver that comes with the part you immediately have to cut off already removed?

Unfortunately not, no. I guess I could make one, if someone with a calliper could foreward me the precise external diameter of the lower barrel...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back