Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

Most photos look black or dark green (probably reflections from green screen of foliage) but the Lego mini fig shows a dark metallic grey. (pix posted earlier in this thread)
Same for the Endor style.

I orriginally thought dark green, after looking at all the reference pics and the most recent ones from the back, I think its similar to the darker metal colour on your mando helmet with a very dark grey over top to dull it down. I would do the same as what I did with the torch paint in a dark metalic colour then use some latex or mayo to mark out some scratches then spray (if you have an airbrush) a black/dark grey and maybe wash a little black, green and brown for spots of different wearing. then peel off the latex or mayo and you have your brighter scratches, then give it a controlled light drybrush to make a few edges look worn.
The pic with the explosion behind you can see the black back section and the grey with out the green tint.

What color does everyone think the blast shield is? Green, dark gray, black?
It kind of looks dark gray or black to me but a lot of the folks at the Rebel Legion think it's green.

i thought they were dark green until the topps trading card came out, now it looks black. im going to have to wait for clear pictures to make a better guess. i wonder if there are different colored shields through out the film?

I feel like I'm seeing either a very dark metallic grey, or a dark gun blue. I'm leaning towards the blue, and I don't really see the green personally.

As for the blue, what I see is basically this color but with a darker wash and weathering, possibly metallic.
IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

Oh Man, you gus get me so excited, great posts! Some shots its really shinny and others its quite matt, might go satin lol

My wife just rolls her eyes while Im jumping up and down, laughing and doing general excited gestures while I read the forums. Just finsihed 6/8 prints for next version, let the gluing commence. a few CA drops to set it and 5min epoxie to fix in place, now its set I will let it cure with some rubber bands just to keep a little presure.
Mk2.jpg

Most photos look black or dark green (probably reflections from green screen of foliage) but the Lego mini fig shows a dark metallic grey. (pix posted earlier in this thread)
Same for the Endor style.
I think MC Hammer and crew here seem to have silver donuts.

Bodhi-Rogue-One_zpsuhjhdqie.jpg

I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague but it looks like we might see different factions join the Rebellion and bring certain styles of armor with them.

@halliwax I agree they change through the film battle damage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooo hooooo!
Bawhahahaha Classic BlackBird!
Once the M1 is done I have a crazy feeling for more punishment gotta make that one too!
At least there is a small scale black series helmet for the other donut.
TS_deathtrooper_comandoB.jpg

legend Toa Quarax.also thanks for the high res shots of the shoretroopers on facebook too

The helmet looks like a black or super dark grey. just looked at the lego figure I picked up, it has the smallest metalic specs. fairly sure its metalic going by that. I think I will go for a super dark grey metalic for Mk2
20161206_200607.jpg20161206_200549.jpg20161206_200615.jpg20161206_200652.jpg20161206_200903.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
legend @Toa Quarax.also thanks for the high res shots of the shoretroopers on facebook too

The helmet looks like a black or super dark grey. just looked at the lego figure I picked up, it has the smallest metalic specs. fairly sure its metalic going by that. I think I will go for a super dark grey metalic for Mk2
View attachment 688476View attachment 688475View attachment 688477View attachment 688478View attachment 688479

so exciting!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2658.JPG

I painted mine Matt black over dark silver , I'm leaving it that way until after the movie premiere . I suspect they will be dark green ...I.e. Camouflage green , but for now black it is .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back