Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Can I just ask something from everyone involved in this bomber-business?
Cuz it's been going on for days like it's been the main pivotal point in the entirety of the Disney SW movies...

So. Let's imagine that:
- Poe does not start the movie with a please hold and a yo mama joke
- BB8 does not play whack-a-mole with that panel
- Hux is not comically dragged and flipped on the bridge by Snoke
- Leia does not make silly comments about 3PO's face

If that sequence was devoid of all the "humourous" jokes and was played straight as a desperate attack on the First Order fleet...would anyone still be seriously obsessed over why bombs are falling in space and that bombers blow up in a domino effect?

The concept of the scene is absurd. Didnt the opening crawl talk about "brave rebels" running away? Then it opens with them launching an attack.

Are you running away or are you attacking?

Then TFO attacks and blows Leia out into space.

All of that stupidity to take out a dreadnaught and make your fleet available to an attack from TFO.

The movie is severely flawed. Then TFo blows out the bridge but pull back and allow an18 hour chase.

Its like dumb exponential dumb that builds upon itself

The concept of the scene is absurd. Didnt the opening crawl talk about "brave rebels" running away? Then it opens with them launching an attack.

All of that stupidity to take out a dreadnaught and make your fleet available to an attack from TFO.

The movie is severely flawed. Then TFo blows out the bridge but pull back and allow an18 hour chase.

I’m not really disputing any of that, maybe the bit in the beginning. In Empire the Hoth rebel base was being evacuated while the speeders were sent against the walkers to hold them up, similarly to the X-wings and bombers in TLJ (also this is why I found it really odd that they even considered an attack against the FO walkers in those old speeders...totally different scenario trying to riff on a previous movie).
But at the end of the day you skipped my question...

In Empire they were holding off the enemy to flee. Much different than turning around and going after a dreadnaught, calling out the bombers, losing alll your bombers, getting you command ship attacked. TFO fleet was YUGE! One dreadnaught out of all their ships was a EDIT : drop in the bucket.

You could always sit there and get blasted at by the Dreadnaught while waiting for the rest of your transports to get aboard. Or you can take the offensive, and force them to fight your fighters and bombers..................which is what happened in the movie.

Here we go again...

They armed the bombs INSIDE the bombers. And no, the explanation of magnetism didn't jive with how the bombs fell. I know, first, claim they were magnetically driven, then claim its fantasy when your science is wrong. Even nowadays bombs aren't armed until released. The last bomber crews were imbeciles.

It was an utterly braindead maneuver. Don't believe me, they blew themselves up.

TIEs next to Vader...yet another false comparison. Everyone hand wingmen, including Luke. The trench IS A TRENCH!!! Not a lot of room.

But thank you for supporting my prior post so well.

By magnetism, I assume you mean the action at a distance principle that causes an object to be attracted to whatever a star destroyer is made of that is probably not ferrous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You could always sit there and get blasted at by the Dreadnaught while waiting for the rest of your transports to get aboard. Or you can take the offensive, and force them to fight your fighters and bombers..................which is what happened in the movie.

But that doesnt explain the following 18 hr chase. Right?

But that doesnt explain the following 18 hr chase. Right?

What is there to explain? The Raddus was faster and could just keep out of range of the FO guns. They say that in the movie.

That whole bomber scene was a joke.

Ok that's another thing. They have older Y-Wings and B-Wings that fire torpedoes at RANGE. Why in the world would you develop a more advanced bomber that has to fly over a target to bomb it? It's like no one on that movie ever saw a SW movie ever! Either that or they were intentionally trolling fans.

By magnetism, I assume you mean the action at a distance principle that causes an object to be attracted to whatever a star destroyer is made of that is probably not ferrous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Inverse square law, magnets would lock onto target and accelerate at an exponential rate. I would have loved that! Everytime science gets used to explain the bombs, anyone who actually understands the principle involved eventually gets told science doesnt apply, by the same person who touted scientific consistency to begin with.

What is there to explain? The Raddus was faster and could just keep out of range of the FO guns. They say that in the movie.

You just discussed both sides of the issue. Retreat or fight...that was my point, you could have run and kept your bombers and used those 18 hrs to have someone get fuel. Hux doesnt jump a ship or two past the rebels...come on. Not a defensible plot device

In Empire they were holding off the enemy to flee. Much different than turning around and going after a dreadnaught, calling out the bombers, losing alll your bombers, getting you command ship attacked. TFO fleet was YUGE! One dreadnaught out of all their ships was a EDIT : drop in the bucket.
Well, to be fair, they weren't meant to attack. Leia called the attack off. They were only meant to disable to Dreadnought when Poe called for an all out assault on it. His ensuing failure led to his demotion.

Personally I always felt that Leia slapping Poe was meant to be a nod to Patton, who had famously slapped two shell shocked soldiers Patton had lost patience with.

Ok that's another thing. They have older Y-Wings and B-Wings that fire torpedoes at RANGE. Why in the world would you develop a more advanced bomber that has to fly over a target to bomb it? It's like no one on that movie ever saw a SW movie ever! Either that or they were intentionally trolling fans.

Torpedo could be shot before reaching the target.

Bwings and Ywing have limited numbers of ion bombs or proton torpedos. A bomber with 1000 bombs doesnt bother me, making yourselves a YUGE target activating the bombs inside the bombers...beyond dumb. And we all saw how it ended.

I guess Im the only one who Played Xwing vs TiE Fighter.

You just discussed both sides of the issue. Retreat or fight...that was my point, you could have run and kept your bombers and used those 18 hrs to have someone get fuel. Hux doesnt jump a ship or two past the rebels...come on. Not a defensible plot device

Um, that's because Poe disobeyed orders and sent them into battle. He got demoted for that. If he hadn't done that, they would have had bombers and fighters to fighters to help fight them off. And why would Hux do that? Haven't you ever seen a cat playing with a dead mouse? In essence, that's what he's doing. I think Hux must have some sort of inferiority complex. Always trying to get praised by Snoke, wanting to feel like he's on top the galaxy.

Torpedo could be shot before reaching the target.

Bwings and Ywing have limited numbers of ion bombs or proton torpedos. A bomber with 1000 bombs doesnt bother me, making yourselves a YUGE target activating the bombs inside the bombers...beyond dumb. And we all saw how it ended.

I guess Im the only one who Played Xwing vs TiE Fighter.
Yes, because in a franchise where the fightercraft are based on WWII fighters and bombers, who'd be stupid enough to build a bombercraft where you have to activate and drop the payload from INSIDE the fuselage.

jsRUSvY.jpg

Oh.

Part of the ship's intent was to help capture besieged Imperial holdouts. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MG-100_StarFortress_SF-17

The thing isn't even designed for ship versus ship combat. It's designed to bomb planets, but the Resistance doesn't have anything else. So they get pressed into service.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, because in a franchise where the fightercraft are based on WWII fighters and bombers, who'd be stupid enough to build a bombercraft where you have to activate and drop the payload from INSIDE the fuselage.

View attachment 833315

Oh.

You tlj defenders really need to figure out which argument want to use to excuse the bomber fail. If you can remote activate, why not wait until *after* you release the bombs to activate them?

We have better technology today. When you actually debate your conflicting viewpoints amongst yourselves, it might give the illusion that you actually want to discuss the movie instead of tagging in and out to defend such a poor movie.

EDIT : Oh.

Because SW fighter tactics aren't based on tech from today. They're based on this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back