Mythos Boba DC-15a

Delta13

From the moment I saw Boba Mythos statue I'm thincking of bulding DC-15a he is holding... And well holidays are cooming so why not give it a try. At the moment I'm gatering information, I alredy have standard DC-15a plans but it seems his have quite a lot diferences from oryginal one:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/...ett-mythos/lg/200158-boba-fett-mythos-010.jpg
http://www.familieassink.com/documents/Boba4.jpg

I realize Mythos is quite precise when it comes to theyr modes but I also assume some "reducion" of details is needed. And To be honest that is part where I'm not sure how to approch it. Go it with more accurate DC-15a and "modyfie it" or go with simpler Mythos design. What are your thoughts?

There's more to it than that. I've been researching this beastie for a friend's sniper rifle build. I scaled other things on the statue to determine the scale (and discovered the stated scale is accurate). I've printed out the pep files for the DC-15a and the DLT-19, as well as "blueprints" for the Deece blown up to full scale. I've used the many good pics I have of the Mythos blaster and some math to rough out over the blueprint the differences in dimension.

End result: I'd suggest the DLT-19 stock and receiver (the single versus double trigger is telling), the DC-15a "prefire chamber" forward of that, and scratch-build the doubled up collimation barrels. If that sounds like a good plan, I'll dig up the measurements I extrapolated for lengths and diameters if you want.

--Jonah

Yes, it sounds like a good plan! Thank you, but don't truble yoursef too much:)

Yes I notice some more differences too but I have no acces to actual statue so I had to base on pictures in the intenternet. From what I have sacled DC-15a shood have around 140cm and the one Mythos has looks longer even without the elongeted barrel. The DLT19 is MG34 right? And DC is more MG42 when it comes to stoc, but reciver part is still 34. I have to dig a liilte. But I'm also considering as I mentioned before keepeng more of DC. To be honest I'm not going to bulid whole Boba, and I have Jango costiume that I can use it with. And it seems it have such less details then DC-15a. I have to make some decisions then.

For now I'm working on "scope" soon pic. ;)

Mike

Works are on. I have wood and pipes but that have to whait, for now I'm working on smaller parts as I have less time.
So first thing is the "Scope" Don't mind putty, I had to make sure "seams" will look fine.
DSC_0447mini_zpstdejaw1b.jpg

I decided to make something in that place, It is first element you look at when you are aiming so definitly ther sood be something. I remember some lights form BFII, but is there any reference what actualy shood be there?
DSC_0448mini_zpseiysswbb.jpg

Mike

Scope is sanded and with some more details, but I still didn't solve the "dispaly" problem, I propably will design something on my own.

DSC_0450mini_zpsqjvio2yo.jpg

DSC_0451mini_zps5qxblxmt.jpg

Mike

So that is what I came up with. Nothing too fancy. I assume I can not make it a scope as you can't see thru it, so i went dispaly path. And here it is some simple elemnts.

DSC_0452mini_zpsytgfyrgb.jpg

I know some lines are not perfect but it is quite tiny thing, hard to cut and hard to see from distance it will be monted on gun.

Mike

And small up date. I started making a clip. For me it will be power source as well as I'm planing to hide in it the battery pack. Not a big thing but still a step forward:

DSC_0453mini_zps7j6lrp7t.jpg

DSC_0454mini_zpsj31amhdp.jpg

Mike

The mag is done, some tube, smoe 1mm sintra and putty:

DSC_0456mini_zpsqbj3wn9h.jpg

Also the other side of magazine slot, I dediced to replicate the mag shape on it, athought it still require some work.

DSC_0457mini_zpswpila6wg.jpg

And that is how parts come thoghter.

DSC_0458mini_zpssbn41ydh.jpg

Mike

So progress have slow down a little, lots of gaps to fill with putty and sand down over and over again.
Also I made some non visible details just to make a break with sanding the barre;:lol This is it, the battery pack for light in the scope, I added some greeblies to make it look like some piece of technology:
DSC_0461mini_zpsyqq85nzf.jpg

Then the end of the barrel, you can see lots of putty I had to use:
DSC_0462mini_zpsswqyuhie.jpg

And finaly stock. For now it is very rough machied shape (and I don't have well equpied woodworkshop) so lots of hand sanding and detail work awaits:
DSC_0463mini_zpsdgtpsp1n.jpg

Mike

Time for some more greeblies. It was trickt to glue flat elements on the piepe and then make it look good, but it worked
smile.png

DSC_0464mini_zpskhzqirep.jpg

DSC_0465mini_zpswvnon2fu.jpg

Mike

Works goes on, little slow but progress is progres.

The barrel part is almost done, but it is ready to slide into wooden part:
DSC_0467mini_zpsuutcovuq.jpg

I coudn't find right cone (or how it is called) part so I decidec to "walk an extra mile" and make it right then use some substitute. And that is how it is done, some "ribs" and then putty:
DSC_0466mini_zpsczvgkzav.jpg

For the readiotor I used some wooden strips from model shop, I tried sintra but let just say it was a failrue:
DSC_0468mini_zpsuphl45w1.jpg

And the stock, need a little more sanding, and black paintng but shape is quite good:
DSC_0469mini_zpsn7udijoz.jpg

Mike

Nice looking DC Vod.
Please say that you're going to make full Mythos Boba costume this time :p Blaster is not enough u just have to make the rest of it ;).
~V

Last edited:
Nice looking DC Vod.
Please say that you're going to make full Mythos Boba costume this time :p Blaster is not enough u just have to make the rest of it ;).
~V
Unfortunatly I will not...I made belt for Mythos Boba (as it is what I do) but I have Jango on my own and to be honest I'm moretracted to 1313 concept then Mythos one, but who knows?
So after a break we are back. Not a huge progress but quite importand step. Connecting the wooden part with barrel. Note, I woud not recomend Dc-15a to close quater combat
lol.gif

DSC_0455mini_zps4vpmd39k.jpg

The stock is sanded, painted with wooden lacquer and primer, I even used putty but still some wooden structure...
DSC_0456mini_zpse1vgencj.jpg

The grip part was harder then I expected. Sure it is simple and square in shape but the wooden part under caused some problems, It was to high so I had to sand it down but keeping in mind that it have to hold the barrel in secure way. So I guess some details maybe off there but I had to compromise.

DSC_0472mini_zps5nuyzbm2.jpg

DSC_0473mini_zpsoriosdrp.jpg

Mike

It is almost done! Just few more details to add. And the scope under the barrel but that part I'm going to order to be machined. I don't like to risk it will break into pieces and it seems it will be most comfortable point to hold rifle.

DSC_0474_zpshegwg1yg.jpg

DSC_0475mini_zps0kqhy769.jpg

Mike

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back