Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Pest84, good luck! Just remember to keep them in the box when you're not wearing them and don't let them dry in the sun if you wash them (ie scubbing mud off the rubber) - the foam and rubber in the sole goes more yellow the more light they're exposed to (unfortunately for display purposes)

All you can do is report it. Maybe eBay will pull the action and just maybe you save someone from being ripped off.
It is amazing how few people can tell the difference.

well, unless you're collectors or modders like us who have a more-than-usual interest in the details, I suppose it's natural that someone who had seen the movie however many years ago will say 'cool, the back to the future shoes' - but I'd expect most people to look around a bit more before spending thousands of dollars..... haha but common sense isnt quite as common as one thinks.
Anyway, yeah probably good to report it to ebay as false advertising.

Just a quick story, when this thread started back in late 2012/early 2013 I decided order my pair of Nike V2s from an online seller.

I had previously bought a pair of Markpoons, which I had upgraded by Pitbull and was so pleased with those. But this new pair resembled the Nike 2011 shoes and it was cool to own that model too. So I purchased a pair from an Ali Express seller.

I was so hyped about receiving these, I tracked the parcel and eagerly awaited the day it would arrive. That day did not come.

The parcel was sent to a completely different place in the UK, which in my dismay I saw happen in slow motion through parcel tracking. The seller jumped through hoops to make me keep faith in him, faith that was misplaced. So in the end I had to chase up the purchase through my credit card. I'm glad to say in August this year I got my refund and that was that. But it was 8 months, a long time to wait and not commit to getting these shoes.

THEN, to make matters worse, it turns out by August that shipping to the UK had become tricky (and still is to the best of my knowledge). If you go on Ali Express, it was really difficult to find any UK reviewers of these shoes that had been purchased round August - because they just weren't getting through. Whether this was a block by Nike themselves, maybe an intervention by Ebay due to fraud - I don't know - but I wasn't taking any chances until I saw a positive UK review. This drove up the V2 prices on ebay - £250 - £500 was the new asking price. A few went on the junkyard here but none in my size, and I wanted to wear these, that was the cool thing about these V2s, was the chance to finally wear a pair of Mag Nikes.

Then fast forward to last month, November. I go to make my regular check on Ali Express, and LO AND BEHOLD, one had gotten through from a particular seller. I was elated, and although it was only one review (risky) I decided to purchase a pair in my size.

Well I'm happy to announce they got through, they await me back at the family home. £145 + £24 customs charge. Now I'm not saying you will be this fortunate, and I'm not suggesting UK members follow in my footsteps, but the Christmas postage rush must be allowing these things through. And for a BTTF fan like me, I am over the moon.

Just a quick story, when this thread started back in late 2012/early 2013 I decided order my pair of Nike V2s from an online seller.

I had previously bought a pair of Markpoons, which I had upgraded by Pitbull and was so pleased with those. But this new pair resembled the Nike 2011 shoes and it was cool to own that model too. So I purchased a pair from an Ali Express seller.

I was so hyped about receiving these, I tracked the parcel and eagerly awaited the day it would arrive. That day did not come.

The parcel was sent to a completely different place in the UK, which in my dismay I saw happen in slow motion through parcel tracking. The seller jumped through hoops to make me keep faith in him, faith that was misplaced. So in the end I had to chase up the purchase through my credit card. I'm glad to say in August this year I got my refund and that was that. But it was 8 months, a long time to wait and not commit to getting these shoes.

THEN, to make matters worse, it turns out by August that shipping to the UK had become tricky (and still is to the best of my knowledge). If you go on Ali Express, it was really difficult to find any UK reviewers of these shoes that had been purchased round August - because they just weren't getting through. Whether this was a block by Nike themselves, maybe an intervention by Ebay due to fraud - I don't know - but I wasn't taking any chances until I saw a positive UK review. This drove up the V2 prices on ebay - £250 - £500 was the new asking price. A few went on the junkyard here but none in my size, and I wanted to wear these, that was the cool thing about these V2s, was the chance to finally wear a pair of Mag Nikes.

Then fast forward to last month, November. I go to make my regular check on Ali Express, and LO AND BEHOLD, one had gotten through from a particular seller. I was elated, and although it was only one review (risky) I decided to purchase a pair in my size.

Well I'm happy to announce they got through, they await me back at the family home. £145 + £24 customs charge. Now I'm not saying you will be this fortunate, and I'm not suggesting UK members follow in my footsteps, but the Christmas postage rush must be allowing these things through. And for a BTTF fan like me, I am over the moon.

You are right.
for some reason, UK has been seizing quite a few. On the pair you were charged customs fees, what was the value declared by the seller?

its quite strange how some are able to come into UK without any issues, while others get charged by customs/parcelforce and others just get seized.

My guess is, if they find em, they don't come through. I think with the parcel traffic this time of year, mine sneaked in

You are right.
for some reason, UK has been seizing quite a few. On the pair you were charged customs fees, what was the value declared by the seller?

its quite strange how some are able to come into UK without any issues, while others get charged by customs/parcelforce and others just get seized.

Thanks buddy. It looks like it must be spam. I didn't know whether Karin put my email address on the package or something like that and that's how they got it. The status has changed now to 'at national hub' so that sounds promicing. Bloody spam :angry

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you mac. Yeah I think its spam. I have reported it to Royal Mail.

AND a virus :lol you may want to run a scan, EVERY postal email that requires a download for more information is definitely spam. I dont believe its common practice to ship items with an email address on the package.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back