Rumpelstiltskin from OUAT - Updating jacket and boots with leather!!

More work getting done and just getting pieces together to complete the look. Still have more beading and have to attach the skirt and put in a zipper but yeah....eeeeeeeep

hahahaha I just saw this!!! I'm totally posting more right now although I sent you a link as well through email.

To all those reading this (and I'll post this in the beginning as well) Faille is the one who helped me out getting my vest laser cut!!!!!!! It's so much nicer then crappy pleather vest lol!!! LOVE IT!!!

hahahaha I just saw this!!! I'm totally posting more right now although I sent you a link as well through email.

To all those reading this (and I'll post this in the beginning as well) Faille is the one who helped me out getting my vest laser cut!!!!!!! It's so much nicer then crappy pleather vest lol!!! LOVE IT!!!

It looks soooo good! Can't believe you put that vest together so fast. The swirlies on the jacket look great now... And that Belle dressssss. So glad I could help out with this build!

It looks soooo good! Can't believe you put that vest together so fast. The swirlies on the jacket look great now... And that Belle dressssss. So glad I could help out with this build!

Well I actually only did the front 4 pieces hahhahhaha! And I didn't grommet the top half of his vest. But I'm pretty sure no one noticed hahahah. I still have to do more distressing on the jacket to give it even more depth in photos but I'm so much more happier with it now.

Hey everyone!! So there is a OUAT Cosplay contest and I really want to win! Like really bad....like I've spent a year on this costume and will spend the rest of this year on Belle (and finishing Rumple) and have put so much work and money into it that I'd like to see some kind of awesomeness happen from it. Even if it's as silly as "people like it". Can I post a link here to it??? Well I'm going to until someone says I can't:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.502868893118534.1073741865.217276558344437&type=3

All you have to do is "like" the photo of my Rumple and my Belle. I'm pretty sure it's obvious which they are if you've seen this thread.

Thanks everyone!!!!

How did u make the costume for Rumpelstiltskin, because I'm thinking of going as him for Halloween this year. Another question was it hard to make?

If you go to the very beginning of this thread and read it you will see exactly how I made this costume. I have everything from the beginning showing how I patterned the croc collar to different versions of doing the jacket and all my research. I understand it is a long thread but I can't explain to you how to make this costume in one reply so really your best bet is to if nothing else skim through the thread in it's entirety to get a general idea. If you then have a specific question about this costume I can answer that of course. And yes, it was very difficult to make and very very expensive. But that is because I chose to go with one of his more expensive costumes. If you go with his simpler vest, pants and blouse version that is a bit easier to replicate on a budget. Hope that helps!

Figured I'd update a little bit. This was a great shot of us done by a photographer at the Myth Masque event so you can see both costumes together in full. Unfortunately we weren't able to choose the photo we wanted so I can only assume this was the best out of the lot of many photos that we took pose wise.

These were at LOJ after Myth Masque where I added on more buttons onto the cuffs, remade the leggings out of leather and we did some new things with his makeup. It still doesn't read super well since this was taken with a phone camera but one day I'll get some good studio shots of these costumes to really show off the detail. Oh and we dyed the vest so the grooves weren't so tan looking after the engraving.

I swear this costume just gets better and better over time. You've done an amazing job!

Why Thank you!!! I can't wait till I can actually call it "done" on these pieces hahahaha! Then I can make a showcase thread in the other area on the RPF hahaha! Thought I'd share these props that I made as well. These are for SDCC tomorrow and I thought it'd go great with our Rumple costume. I made a glowing heart (took a premade heart from a Halloween store, sliced in a whole, ripped out some stuffing and stuffed 2 red led battery operated lights), a True Love potion bottle (just a bottle I had from Halloween stuff I've purchased, a purple glow stick and some food coloring and water) and a contract. The contract isn't quite finished yet but it's fabric that I stitched closed on the sides and then glued over the wooden dowels. The ends of the dowels were separate pieces that I bought and glued on. Then I got fabric marker and did the writing. After it was assembled I stained it with a tea bag (it's still drying in this photo which is why it's still a bit dark) and then I'm thinking about adding some gold leaf around the contract and I still have to paint the end pieces on the dowels gold as well.

I'm hoping that if I'm able to get into the signing area that we can get some of the actors of the show to sign the contract. Don't know if anything like that will happen buuuuuttttt here's hoping!

The work on this Rumplestilitskin outfit is absolutely fantastic. I was curious if you were in the business of replicating the outfit for sale or whatnot, and how long you think it would take...? Looking for a very authentic costume for around Halloween time. So if you are willing, or can at least guide me in the right direction, please let me know baby.

Hi ! I see it's an old topic but it's just AMAZING !!! Perfect characters and thank you for all your explanations !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back