The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Nvm found it, was on reddit

gj3j61btxms01.jpg

Okay, I'm going to ask this question. Where did the idea originate that they used a plate to cover the bottom of the Graflex? Maybe they used chrome tape from the very get-go?

Always been some kind of air duct tape in my eyes, I like roys metal plate instead though, and on my builds use roys plate over tape

If you look back in one of these old threads when we got Blu-ray images of her pulling it out of her bag in TFA I took a picture of the tape my dad has, just enough reflection

We use it on our hvac ducts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d love to know this as well...

I think TFA graflex is the one Luke hands rey. I also think it’s the same one she pulls out of her back pack before she cuts the rock

Every other graflex we see (hero) is much shiner, and the grips look softer, like rubbery-er.. you can see where they are riveted in they are distorted

This is just my personal belief

They used both, but they used the newer graflex’s more..

You're probably spot on. Both of those scenes were shot on Skellig Michael several months before principal photography. Hell, it was before TFA was even released in theaters. So its very likely they re-used a TFA hero for those scenes while the principal photography TLJ props were still being made or modified.

Always been some kind of air duct tape in my eyes, I like roys metal plate instead though, and on my builds use roys plate over tape

If you look back in one of these old threads when we got Blu-ray images of her pulling it out of her bag in TFA I took a picture of the tape my dad has, just enough reflection

We use it on our hvac ducts

Just watched that scene from TFA again. The way you can see the D-ring reflect off of the bottom. You're right it certainly looks like chrome tape.

Just watched that scene from TFA again. The way you can see the D-ring reflect off of the bottom. You're right it certainly looks like chrome tape.

You mean here in this shot, right?
74d3e059b1c74e3d56065ac22e0f3ae6.jpg

It's reasonable to assume that this hero version is the same as the hero in TLJ.

So if they used tape to cover up the copyright info. That suggests that it was a addition added later on? I wonder what's on the bottom of the one we saw on the Star Wars Show. Since that one has a much nicer finish to it.

I'm admittedly a rookie and it might be a dumbo question...but wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper just to get a graflex copy and cut it in half? I genuinely don't get why bits had to be CGI-d. I'm not that bothered by the result all that much, coz it'd probably only be a few seconds in the movie and not really apparent unless you study screencaps like here but just don't get the logic.
Had the same reaction when Vader was CGI-d on the Star Destroyer at the end of ROTS when they had the full costume and a set piece at their disposal...

I'm admittedly a rookie and it might be a dumbo question...but wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper just to get a graflex copy and cut it in half? I genuinely don't get why bits had to be CGI-d. I'm not that bothered by the result all that much, coz it'd probably only be a few seconds in the movie and not really apparent unless you study screencaps like here but just don't get the logic.
Had the same reaction when Vader was CGI-d on the Star Destroyer at the end of ROTS when they had the full costume and a set piece at their disposal...

They probably did. For some reason though, they felt that they had tweak some stuff with CGI.

You can tell it looked different in the establishing shot, they probably weren't happy with how it looked.

TLJ_Rey_Saber-_Broken-04.jpg
^ One of the pics ARKM posted on the previous page

It may not have planned as a CG shot, but once they looked at the footage they could have decided it needed help for a variety of reasons. Though again, choosing to spend time on the broke flex and creepy uncle, which were arguably fine, and letting all the close ups of that various stunt flexes go baffles me.

It may not have planned as a CG shot, but once they looked at the footage they could have decided it needed help for a variety of reasons. Though again, choosing to spend time on the broke flex and creepy uncle, which were arguably fine, and letting all the close ups of that various stunt flexes go baffles me.

100% agree with ya buddy.... especially the shot of kylo pulling the stunt threw snoke and rey catching it... kills me

The hero was really neglected in this film..

100% agree with ya buddy.... especially the shot of kylo pulling the stunt threw snoke and rey catching it... kills me

The hero was really neglected in this film..

and at the same time, so e of the best clear shots of the hero in the whole saga.

Eh - I'm not buying it. Everything above the grips looks computer altered to me.

exactly what I think, the lever is like too far, as the circuit details, the lever axis is on wrong place too, in fact it's like the put the lever axis on right place, the small round and circuit 0,5cm on the back, and the lever itself 1cm too far.

For what it's worth, my old Park's replica has a flat head screw. I think it looks more like a reflection in that screenshot, but it's hard to tell. I wasn't able to find this scene on youtube and I don't own the movie yet, I'd like to see if it's more clear to me live than in this picture.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back