eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Hell even he is to embarrassed about these monstrosity’s!

Hey man don't speak for me.
Is the helmet an absolute perfect replica? Of course not.
Always knew it wasn't going to be from the start and knowing we were doing them in fiberglass. Certain compromises just had to be made. Period.
Less compromises could have been made if the visor did not have to lift up, but then people would complain about that. This helmet presented unique challenges way more severe than any other SW helmet we could have picked so to me it's amazing that it actually made it thought production at all. Don Post tried and failed and understandably so.
I don't have a production helmet in hand to assess some of these latest concerns. Some of the criticisms I've read are just silly and some could be credible. The gap on top was intentional as there needed to be plenty of clearance when the visor is put into the 'up' position so that it wouldn't scrape against the top of the helmet. You can get away with this with plastic, but not fiberglass.
On the masters I submitted, only enough material was removed to give proper clearance. So anyone with one in hand, take a look at the gap and see how much there is once you are swinging the visor open. It was intended to be only enough to ensure clearance.
Either way, to me even the potentially credible criticisms still appear to be very minor in the grand scheme of things and 90% of the customers this was geared towards will be ecstatic once they have it. And they should because it's still a beautiful helmet regardless of what I would consider to be minor issues.

Last edited:
Always knew it wasn't going to be from the start and knowing we were doing them in fiberglass. Certain compromises just had to be made. Period.
Less compromises could have been made if the visor did not have to lift up, but then people would complain about that. This helmet presented unique challenges way more severe than any other SW helmet we could have picked so to me it's amazing that it actually made it thought production at all. Don Post tried and failed and understandably so.
I don't have a production helmet in hand to assess some of these latest concerns. Some of the criticisms I've read are just silly and some could be credible. The gap on top was intentional as there needed to be plenty of clearance when the visor is put into the 'up' position so that it wouldn't scrape against the top of the helmet. You can get away with this with plastic, but not fiberglass.
On the masters I submitted, only enough material was removed to give proper clearance. So anyone with one in hand, take a look at the gap and see how much there is once you are swinging the visor open. It was intended to be only enough to ensure clearance.
Either way, to me even the potentially credible criticisms still appear to be very minor in the grand scheme of things and 90% of the customers this was geared towards will be ecstatic once they have it. And they should because it's still a beautiful helmet regardless of what I would consider to be minor issues.

Whats about the warped jaw line and the soft details around the snout? Do you have anything to say about those issues?

I can't tell what's going on with the jaw from the pics posted. I'd want to have one in hand to assess.
But honestly to me even if that jaw was ever so slightly warped to accommodate fitting over the mandibles of the helmet, which I'm not yet convinced it is, I would consider that to be a minor thing.
Also the snout greebly is not soft.

I can't tell what's going on with the jaw from the pics posted. I'd want to have one in hand to assess.
But honestly to me even if that jaw was ever so slightly warped to accommodate fitting over the mandibles of the helmet, which I'm not yet convinced it is, I would consider that to be a minor thing.
Also the snout greebly is not soft.

Compare your photos you posted to the customer photos. the front is narrow and the back flares out a lot by comparison.

The helmet in your photos looks a lot fuller. It was the first thing I saw, The warpness makes the jawline appear saggy.

I would never speak up for you but I knew I could at least get you to respond to this thread, it has been a few days since you were mentioned in it! :lol

If what is pictured is a beautiful helmet well I will save you any further embarrassment and stop right there. :unsure

Sorry Gino...but that is not a problem of fiberglass.If you need a gap like this,the visor is installed wrong from the beginning.Thats it all.
And the snout is very soft..look on my RS snoutpiece which is casted from the original Tamiya part.The part on your EFX helmets is casted too soft or they sprayed tons of paint/primer on it to cover all the details.

knowing we were doing them in fiberglass. Certain compromises just had to be made. Period.
The gap on top was intentional as there needed to be plenty of clearance when the visor is put into the 'up' position so that it wouldn't scrape against the top of the helmet. You can get away with this with plastic, but not fiberglass.
That's a cop out comment. Period. I have a fiberglass helmet from years ago and it looks way better with a small gap similar to the original, that still allows the facemask to flip up.

it's amazing that it actually made it thought production at all.
Everyone who waited years for EFX to finally get around to making this is thinking the same thing.

what I would consider to be minor issues.
A helmet that doesn't close properly and has a visor so haphazardly cut that you could fit your hand in the gap isn't what people would call a minor issue.

Sorry Gino - this "finished" product looks like something a backyarder has put together. The sides don't even close properly! Pieces don't line up. The gap (even if you say it's meant to be like that) is uneven. And the pivots points being visible, is beyond words.

It looks very amateurish and half-baked. NOT AT ALL like a quality produced product. And certainly NOT WORTH the asking price.

Simply disgusting effort - especially after all the BS.

And the snout is very soft..look on my RS snoutpiece which is casted from the original Tamiya part.The part on your EFX helmets is casted too soft or they sprayed tons of paint/primer on it to cover all the details.

Not true. The actual model parts are too sharp compared to the cast version that made it onto the screen used helmets. The level of softness is accurate to the screen used helmets.

EFX Scout helmet: jaw flair, top gap way too big, soft snout greeblie, cheapass stand, not to mention the continuous delays and lack of communication that occured in so many years already. Sad :(

EFX_order_delay_LOL.jpg

Yes,Jez.

For a 100$ Rubieshelmet,the gap would be no problem.Some putty on the gap..some heat on the sides of the face and a better snoutgreeblie from etsy or ebay.All good.

BUT for a high end limited propreplica for this very high price,its a shame.

EFX Scout helmet: jaw flair, top gap way too big, soft snout greeblie, cheapass stand, not to mention the continuous delays and lack of communication that occured in so many years already. Sad :(

https://s31.postimg.org/di5zi96t7/EFX_order_delay_LOL.jpg
Another good one would be: Order it now and get it when we feel like getting around to producing it.

Amazing that EFX could take so long, and charge so much - then produce something so shockingly inaccurate and poorly made.
Don't know if it'd call people who pre-ordered this dumb. EFX pulled a bait and switch here; they sold a screen-used helmet that looked really good and then delivered crap.

Interesting that the marketing for this Helmet said it would be “the most accurate replica possible,” and yet, now that it’s finally in customers’ hands and does not meet accuracy expectations, the response is: “Oh, well of course it’s not perfect, never thought it’d be perfect, compromises compromises compromises, but most people won’t care.”

I don’t think most people paid $700 for a “good enough,” replica. The main appeal of having access to the original molds in the first place is increased accuracy. Without that added accuracy as the direct result, what we’re left with is the term “lineage” as a sort of hollow bullet-point on the box. If several “compromises” are subsequently made, I begin wondering what the big deal about having access to those molds really is. Everyone expected it might be cleaned up in some ways like the ANH Vader, but I don’t think anyone expected that visual accuracy would be sacrificed for the purpose of making the helmet visor functional. Seems like an odd choice for something that will spend it’s life sitting on a stand, IMO.

I can say that personally, this makes me incredibly wary about any statements that may be made about the Legend Stormtrooper, Legend Fett, or really anything else this company produces from here on out.

The only reason to order this was because they said they used the original patterns from LF to greate the master for the helmet.
BUT the best master is useless when some guys in china making a bad mold for the fiberglassparts.And they did that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back