Black Panther Helmet 2018 Foam Build

genriquez07

Here are photos of my Black Panther 2018 helmet! I've been building with foam for a while and usually do pepakura but nothing is more satisfying than building a helmet free-hand and having it come out nicely. I'm pretty proud of it and I hope you guys enjoy the photos!

IMG_8198.JPG
I used white foam for this build (would have used black, but its easier to see the lines I draw for cutting out pieces). Also, I apologize for not having more photos of the earlier stages. Once I start building, I get in a zone and don't like stopping to take photos haha

IMG_8280.JPG
Added the ears here and painted it all black

IMG_0489.JPGIMG_0491.JPGIMG_0494.JPGIMG_0488.JPG
And here it is! The small detailed lines are just small cuts from an x-acto knife. I also added a gloss coat to certain parts to get a more accurate look.

Hope you like it!

Here are photos of my Black Panther 2018 helmet! I've been building with foam for a while and usually do pepakura but nothing is more satisfying than building a helmet free-hand and having it come out nicely. I'm pretty proud of it and I hope you guys enjoy the photos!

View attachment 773794
I used white foam for this build (would have used black, but its easier to see the lines I draw for cutting out pieces). Also, I apologize for not having more photos of the earlier stages. Once I start building, I get in a zone and don't like stopping to take photos haha

View attachment 773795

View attachment 773791View attachment 773792View attachment 773793View attachment 773790
And here it is! The small detailed lines are just small cuts from an x-acto knife. I also added a gloss coat to certain parts to get a more accurate look.

Hope you like it!
This helmet looks great! the select gloss coat looks really good, and the highlights add some contrast to the mix.
Will you be doing a full costume? (That would be even more impressive!)

This looks absolutely brilliant. I'd like to do this same thing for the BP premiere. How thick is the foam you generally use? The eyes also look quite inset, is that a single piece of foam you've made the the mask out of, and then added ears?

This looks absolutely brilliant. I'd like to do this same thing for the BP premiere. How thick is the foam you generally use? The eyes also look quite inset, is that a single piece of foam you've made the the mask out of, and then added ears?

Thank you! The foam I use is 5mm. I just buy sheets of them at Hobby Lobby or any craft store. I used multiple pieces of foam, with some being layered on top of each other. That is how I got the eyes to be inset.

View attachment 773794

View attachment 773795

View attachment 773791View attachment 773792View attachment 773793View attachment 773790

Hope you like it!
Can I ask where you got a template?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back