ESB Norwegian film crew Parkas by Ski-Peer

tubachris85x

Master Member
Long shot, but does Ski-Peer still exist? From what I understand, they were a local company in Norway who made the film crew parkas for the folks in Finse. We're looking at re-creating these jackets, to some degree in preparation for a trip to Norway.

If anyone's got good information on these, we'd appreciate it!

-TC

Hi there, your right "Ski-peer" was a small company in Norway. Unfortunately the company is not around anymore and there jackets (Of any type) are very hard to find. They only made 20 or so of the original crew jackets so they are very rare and very expensive.

Having always seen these as very iconic I ended up making my own replica jacket

Ian

We're on the job...

7jpJIQk.gif

I wonder if Lucasfilm will get wind and make you put something that labels them as replicas? I've heard of similar things that were replicas where they did that.

We won't be making the patches, nor the original manufacturer's embroidery on the sleeve and they'll have our own company labels. So, to try and pass one off at an original would take a lot of work by the end user.

The jackets for our purposes will ideally be 2-fold; accurate and faithful to the originals at it's core, but we will be adding our patches/elements to it to give it our own identity specific to our trip to Finse. I trust Indy can produce something very accurate, especially with the information wildly available, but I certainly feel that anyone attempting to pass one off as an "original" will be hard pressed to do so, and likely will not go without ridicule and consequence. I'd go as far as to say that this is probably one of the more iconic pieces of clothing associated with star wars that's not actually in the star wars universe, so yea..

Has anyone checkered the new, surprisingly accurate offering of the jacket from Columbia Sportswear?
It’s a little pricey, but I consider the technology and overall accuracy to be worth it.

its very pricy and "sold out", its a very good jacket, but not 100% accurate. To bad we dont see to much updated from Indy.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back