Rick Grimes 1:1 The Walking Dead

Mold pics for anyone interested as i never see much mold pics here and its an aspect of it that i love doing. If anyone has any questions about the process shout or if you want to see any of my other molds ive worked on have a look on my portfolio website below.....It needs updating but a lot of my work is there.
Outer shell is done. Its a 2 part polyester mold and the inner layer will be transil 40 or 20...9kilos worth.
Mold 1.jpgMold 2.jpgMold 4.jpgMold 5.jpgMold 6.jpgMold 7.jpg

Just curious: why do you use the wing nuts upside down when clamping the mold closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work, can I ask what you use for your skin texturing? Looks great.

Thanks, I use a piece of clear plastic and a sculpting tool and i go over the whole thing with pores, Then i use a brass and plastic bristle brush to go over certain areas for different texture, Then i use a clay slip/slurry to add some outward texture so its not all just indents and i add goosebumps on the neck also with the clay slurry and a needle pushed into the clay at around a 30 degree angle. I also use a 3 pronged sculpting tool to carve in wrinkles etc and fine lines.

Thanks for this. Must have some good reference photos :)

I am having a nightmare finding decent ones for my sculpt, everything is low res and painted up!

Are you going to be doing silicone busts or resin? Would look amazing in silicone!

Thanks for this. Must have some good reference photos :)

I am having a nightmare finding decent ones for my sculpt, everything is low res and painted up!

Are you going to be doing silicone busts or resin? Would look amazing in silicone!

Yeah i have some great photos of skin texture for him but what i do is generally the way i do most heads and i clean up and resculpt a lot of lifecasts in my job so you get used to it. I remember when i sculpted my Ledger ages ago that i had some good pics of him without the makeup up close.They are out there....just keep looking or if you can get a lifecast of someone it will really help. Ill be doing a few in Resin and a few in Silicone.

Amazing work! The detail is incredible. Do you have any videos of your skin texturing techniques or of the molding process? Both are fascinating to me.

Thanks!

Amazing work! The detail is incredible. Do you have any videos of your skin texturing techniques or of the molding process? Both are fascinating to me.

Thanks!

Thanks very much, Unfortunately i dont have any videos of either. But i can explain either process or both if you want. Im currently getting the Silicone head ready for paint/hair etc so ill have some pics of that too soon.

Those eyes are great! This project is moving along perfectly. I usually get my eyes from eye optic, but I would be interested in seeing what you get for yours if you make them for profit.

One of the best busts I've seen. Fantastic. I'm almost jealous because I want to do a Rick Grimes now but I only like to do pieces that I feel I could improve on or that there aren't many works of. But that's pretty much spot on.

One of the best busts I've seen. Fantastic. I'm almost jealous because I want to do a Rick Grimes now but I only like to do pieces that I feel I could improve on or that there aren't many works of. But that's pretty much spot on.

Thanks a million. That's a great compliment. I'm very happy with where this is going. I've finished the painting now and I'm ordering hair for him. In the meantime I'll be starting a new project tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Those eyes are great! This project is moving along perfectly. I usually get my eyes from eye optic, but I would be interested in seeing what you get for yours if you make them for profit.

Thanks very much. I do make them from time to time. Pm me for details if you are interested.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back