Bandai release schedule

'Action Figure' is a misnomer- it is about the tiny (approx 1:72) scale figures included in some of the card back toys that is causing the problem.
Bandai had to make some adjustments to be able to sell in the US market- not directly competing with existing product lines mad by companies who paid for exclusive rights to sell in the US.
Yes, I wish they original standing figures were still bundled with the kits, but given a choice I would MUCH rather be able to buy Bandai Star Wars kits off the shelf. In the long run it benefits us since the US is a big market and what we would like to be able to buy will be factored in instead of focusing exclusively on the Asian market preferences.
For those who want figures I am sure the aftermarket will rise to meet the demand- alond with ground support equipment and other 1:72 diorama pieces...

Dear Disney,

We are constantly being told that everyone involved in Star Wars Films is a Fan and everyone's living the dream being in it, working with it and that everyones happy. And its easy to believe that, the new films so far are FANTASTIC. But if i was working at Disney, i would want every Fan to have the opportunity to have Han Solo's Blaster, Rey's Pistol, Leia's Pistol or Thermal Detonator. Im not talking about an orange toy that fires pellets, or an amazing but seriously expensive prop or metal prop replica, those are great but at extreme ends of what could be made. Id want the average Fan/Collector to have access to an accurate plastic model that looked REAL and with a few fishing weights inside it, could actually feel real in your hand. You could actually be Hand Solo or Rey or Leia as Boushh, how cool would that be for all Fans of Star Wars to Feel that Excitement and Happiness, to live the Star Wars Dream.

Bandai are making incredible Star Wars Model Kits, works of Art that the original model makers involved in Star Wars would im sure be happy to see. If Bandai did want to make Han Solo's Blaster, Rey's Pistol, Leia's Pistol or Thermal Detonator as Model Kits, i would implore Disney to Help them make it happen. If we are all in this as True Fans of Star Wars, we should all help each other make the world a better place, lets not leave any Fans behind, lets ALL go on this amazing Star Wars journey Together.

Yours, from a life long Fan of Star Wars, Bob Solo.

Dear Disney,

We are constantly being told that everyone involved in Star Wars Films is a Fan and everyone's living the dream being in it, working with it and that everyones happy. And its easy to believe that, the new films so far are FANTASTIC. But if i was working at Disney, i would want every Fan to have the opportunity to have Han Solo's Blaster, Rey's Pistol, Leia's Pistol or Thermal Detonator. Im not talking about an orange toy that fires pellets, or an amazing but seriously expensive prop or metal prop replica, those are great but at extreme ends of what could be made. Id want the average Fan/Collector to have access to an accurate plastic model that looked REAL and with a few fishing weights inside it, could actually feel real in your hand. You could actually be Hand Solo or Rey or Leia as Boushh, how cool would that be for all Fans of Star Wars to Feel that Excitement and Happiness, to live the Star Wars Dream.

Bandai are making incredible Star Wars Model Kits, works of Art that the original model makers involved in Star Wars would im sure be happy to see. If Bandai did want to make Han Solo's Blaster, Rey's Pistol, Leia's Pistol or Thermal Detonator as Model Kits, i would implore Disney to Help them make it happen. If we are all in this as True Fans of Star Wars, we should all help each other make the world a better place, lets not leave any Fans behind, lets ALL go on this amazing Star Wars journey Together.

Yours, from a life long Fan of Star Wars, Bob Solo.
Might be a little naive on this one Bob. Disney, or any Japanese toy maufacturer, is NOT going to be making replica 1:1 Scale weapons. Even if fictional.

Lightsabers are about the only thing that seems to get a universal pass.

Besides, who really wants an all-plastic styrene Han Solo DL-44 blaster? Heck no! Fans want a authentic Broomhadle Mauser in their hands modified to look like Han's Blaster because that's what the movie prop was.

Let the toys and scale models be one thing, props are a different beast.

I miss the standing pilot figures so much. I couldn't wait to get the A Wing and was looking forward to painting the pilot as much as the ship. It was a major disappointment that they stopped including them. Such a bummer.

I miss the standing pilot figures so much. I couldn't wait to get the A Wing and was looking forward to painting the pilot as much as the ship. It was a major disappointment that they stopped including them. Such a bummer.

I too wish that greed and lawyers did not inject themselves into my fun!
BUT I just got the x wing two pack and A wing kits and I cannot help but once again be pleased with the quality of Bandai kits!!

Excellent work!!!

Might be a little naive on this one Bob. Disney, or any Japanese toy maufacturer, is NOT going to be making replica 1:1 Scale weapons. Even if fictional.

Lightsabers are about the only thing that seems to get a universal pass.

Besides, who really wants an all-plastic styrene Han Solo DL-44 blaster? Heck no! Fans want a authentic Broomhadle Mauser in their hands modified to look like Han's Blaster because that's what the movie prop was.

Let the toys and scale models be one thing, props are a different beast.

I think your right, times are changing. We cant have real guns here in the UK and you have to be registerd for an airsoft Mauser, i just read "The VCRA makes it an offence to manufacture, import or sell realistic imitation firearms" here in the UK, so id probably get shot for trying. I cant even import the official 90% scale metal Disney Jack Sparrow sword as its 1.5 inches too long and classed as a smaurai sword.

Having said that i can walk in a shop in London and buy a plastic custom painted (nerf i think?) Han Blaster http://www.jedi-robe.com/145,star_wars_blasters.html Maybe thats the only thing i can get.

I think your right, times are changing. We cant have real guns here in the UK and you have to be registerd for an airsoft Mauser, i just read "The VCRA makes it an offence to manufacture, import or sell realistic imitation firearms" here in the UK, so id probably get shot for trying. I cant even import the official 90% scale metal Disney Jack Sparrow sword as its 1.5 inches too long and classed as a smaurai sword.

Having said that i can walk in a shop in London and buy a plastic custom painted (nerf i think?) Han Blaster http://www.jedi-robe.com/145,star_wars_blasters.html Maybe thats the only thing i can get.

Fascinating about the UKs laws, thanks for sharing.

Canada's laws regarding weapons is equally messed up!

I can buy a real gun (with the appropriate permits and payments to the government) but a model kit or other replica of a gun is a no go! and yet airsoft are ok!.....go figure!?

Canada's laws regarding weapons is equally messed up!

I can buy a real gun (with the appropriate permits and payments to the government) but a model kit or other replica of a gun is a no go! and yet airsoft are ok!.....go figure!?

Exactly. The airsoft weapons are so realistic. A coat of spray paint and you can't tell. There are some restrictions on airsoft weapons on the fps ratings.

TazMan2000

Fascinating about the UKs laws, thanks for sharing.

We havent really got laws its just corrupt madness here. Contradicting the above law. If i show ID and register, i can have a MP5 semi auto BB gun (that looks real) or semi auto air rifle with hunting pellets, but if i want to dress up as Jack Sparrow im a dangerous criminal and goto prison :wacko Im lucky i got my Zvezda Black Pearl through customs with all those plastic cannons on board :lol

The Airsoft thing is so weird to me! I saw a few at a local millitaria show and really the only thing that would tip off a "non gun person" is the fact that they are too perfect, too new! Even the woodgrain on the stocks are laser printed perfection!

Worse still is the vandalizing of historic pieces! I mean REALLY! I'm pretty sure an mg42 would NOT be the first choice for a robber!

Is it just me or does it seem like Bandai has all but stopped the 1/12 figure model kit line for Star Wars. I still hope they release the AT-AT driver and Snowtrooper and a long, long, long list of others.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does it seem like Bandai has all but stopped the 1/12 figure model kit line for Star Wars. I still hope they release the AT-AT driver and Snowtrooper and a long, long, long list of others.

Considering they just released the Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper and K-2SO, I would say it's just you.

Considering they just released the Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper and K-2SO, I would say it's just you.
We knew last year( I think around NYCC time if not a little earlier) that the Shoretrooper, K2-SO and Deathtrooper would be model kits. And after their release it's been nothing but 1/6 and 1/144 and a few 1/72 ships.

Those model kits were just released a couple of months ago. Don't try to determine trends from just a couple of months. Bandai is still releasing Star Wars kits at a ridiculous pace, and they've shown with the most recent couple of reveals that they'll announce new kits with much shorter lead times than they have in the past.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back