Kylo Ren Black Series Helmet.... 501st approved?

niennumb1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am thinking it's a big NO, but thought I'd ask and see if anyone found this out? people are saying it's a pretty darn accurate helmet. I haven't seen this in-person up close, but i'm interested. HOWEVER, if there's no chance in heck this is a helmet that would be approved then I don't even want to spend the money before the fact.

I'd like to start making a full Kylo costume, but make sure I'm getting the right stuff for it the first time and not double or triple dip in costs.

Thanks!

It's not 501st approved without modifications, but I'm pretty certain it can be made approveable. I believe that the Kylo Ren at the UK Red Carpet Premier of TFA was a Black Series helmet worn by a UKG member.

Howlrunner why isn't it approved? Seems like it meets all the requirements at http://www.501st.com/databank/Kylo_Ren to me

Helmet
For 501st approval:

• The helmet is painted in dark gunmetal grey or gloss black.
  • The helmet is asymmetrical and has 5 chrome/silver ridges contouring the eye opening that transition into various ridges on the cheek areas.
  • The wearer's eyes and face are blacked out with sheer material or a dark lens which is matte and reflects minimal light.
  • The helmet is proportional to the wearer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo
Helmet
For 501st approval:

• The helmet is painted in dark gunmetal grey or gloss black.
  • The helmet is asymmetrical and has 5 chrome/silver ridges contouring the eye opening that transition into various ridges on the cheek areas.
  • The wearer's eyes and face are blacked out with sheer material or a dark lens which is matte and reflects minimal light.
  • The helmet is proportional to the wearer.
You can have a lens in the helmet.

emphasis on "proportional to the wearer". most reviews ive seen its a tad too small and makes them look like a kaminoan.
I would imagine then one would probably have to have a relatively slender type stature because such a helmet like this could easily make someone look like a pinhead. That's where you'd have to look into a bigger sculpt to make up for body type it sounds like.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A lense could be in place, but must be matt. The stock lense is too reflective. Also all of the seams and buttons would need filled and painted, as mentioned, to clear, even if its not on the costume standards (yet).

My feeling is that it is just too small, not to mention the seams and buttons make it look cheap. I don't see wearing this without the hood on the outer robe up.

With even fifty bucks and two days off from work this bucket can be made up to snuff. And there have been soo many amazing threads regarding the millions if ways to mod this to perfection. As triclouder and many others have pointed out its proportionally accurate, made from the same scans as Anovos. Granted it's mold inject factor has sort of dulled its detail, but I don't see good reason for it not to be. It's easily modded up to par. And if its not , who cares?

It needs to be modified and parts removed from the inside. Buttons need to be removed and battery pack needs to come out. Fabric needs to be added inside the helmet just behind the chrome parts.

- - - Updated - - -

It also needs to be filled in and sanded to remove the seams and repainted

I was the one at the Red Carpet. And Yes is a fully modified BS Lid

All depends on your Local GML . But in the UKG you need to do all the mods to get it cleared.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back