**SPOILER ALERT** Rogue One troopers helmets Pic

juajn7fernandez

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is the first picture of the Helmets to appear in Star Wars: Rogue One. Looks like they cleaned up and idealized a bit the original ANH trooper helmets. Also digging the two new ones. That black one looks like it uses the original as a base for its design.

Either way, hope you all enjoy this catch. It was posted by actor actor Donnie Yen onhis instagram account.

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 9.47.38 AM.png

Neat new designs, Darth Trooper looks great :) I'l be disappointed if the Scout-ish helmet is the predecessor of the RotJ Scouts though, I was hoping to see them again in the new movie.

I was always expecting the Stormtroopers to be very sanitized :(

What's your source for this?

TK helmet's vocoder is larger, the blue tube stripes aren't curved. Appears to be a one-piece as the ears look seamless

They're awesome miniatures! The scale still looks great.
This is the miniature Stormtrooper from MR, & even though I like it, it does look squished.
2015-08-24 11.28.43.jpg 2015-08-24 11.27.42.jpg

Wow I like those really awesome looking the black one looks something I would definitely sculpt love the mean look on it any reference pics of these definitely like to take crack it and sculpt these bad boys.

@tubachris85x - how do you know these are miniatures? ( please dont misinterpret the tone of my question. I'm not being a smart ass. Just genuinely would like to know ) These were posted by actor Donnie Yen and he already had to pull them off of his Instagram account. I dont think he had permission to post the pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the grain of the wood shelves they are sitting on is any indication, then yes, they are (probably) miniatures.

But that doesn't mean they are automatically "fake". It is very likely Donnie was touring the prop/production department (as cast members do all the time during filming-- Mark Hamill said he got to play around with controlling BB-8, after all) and marveling at some of the initial sculpts they did and decided to snap a quick pic for his fanbase. This is the first "big budget" Hollywood production Yen has been a part of and he's probably not accustomed to the veil of secrecy that the studios like to keep around stuff like this, hence why he probably pulled it down at their insistence.

You can tell by the wood background and how the detail shows up on the helmets. I'm almost 100% certain that they are miniatures.

Yeh thanks for putting this up , but looking at the pictures again they do look miniature helmets! good shout :thumbsup

I like them... I definitely like the one on the right, and am curious what it'll be for. Hopefully not Scout, what with the pretty solid throughline from the Clone Wars' ARF Troopers to the ROTS light infantry helmet to the Stormtrooper Scout... but definitely some sort of light-infantry/recon role in line with its stablemates. The one on the left, though, I'm not sure... Wonder if an Inquisitor is involved or something. I really hope that's not the new version of Imperial Commando or Shadow Trooper...

--Jonah

The one on the left looks too "modern'' to me, what with all its sharp lines and hard geometric shapes. The TK clean-up looks okay but I feel it strips away the personality of the original sculpt with its symmetry. The one of the right feels like classic OT but, like a post before me, I hope it's not a precursor to the ROTJ Scout. At this point, it feels redundant to keep showing the constant evolution of the same helmets especially ones that were already set in the original three movies. Even more so that this movie is about the Rebel advance on the Empire to obtain the Death Star plans.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back