arkham knight research thread

I'm curious if you're still working on this. I've also started an Arkham Knight build myself and this thread has been helpful.

--------------------------------

I found some sweet pants. I personally dislike the red on this costume. I really wish whoever designed the Arkham Knight would have really thought better about his color choice. He's a military villian.. and he's... Red white, blue and black? With a big white and blue A on his chest. That doesn't look like any other character at all, Nope, no siree! (/s!) (Although the color choice is probably more of a tie-in of who the Arkham Knight really is, but still.. )

Any way, regardless of my design gripes... What do you think of these pants?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-MEN-ACC...hash=item2a3a04d0cc:m:m6QZWmZRIsi-WyQGQirJyqw

VhxUp1u.png

While the blue isn't correct, I'm wondering if buying those, and coloring over the blue with red would make a very close match. I'm considering buying either... I'm not sure. I would like the black for a more 'stealth' look... or I might choose the blue and just go with the blue theme. The problem with the blue, is I'd have to match that blue to the helmet's paint colors. Hmm decisions. What do you think stigmorgan?

Last edited:
I'm curious if you're still working on this. I've also started an Arkham Knight build myself and this thread has been helpful.

I found some sweet pants. I personally dislike the red on this costume. I really wish whoever designed the Arkham Knight would have really thought better about his color choice. He's a military villian.. and he's... Red white, blue and black? With a big white and blue A on his chest. That doesn't look like any other character at all, Nope, no siree! (/s!) (Although the color choice is probably more of a tie-in of who the Arkham Knight really is, but still.. )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-MEN-ACC...hash=item2a3a04d0cc:m:m6QZWmZRIsi-WyQGQirJyqw

View attachment 666944

While the blue isn't correct, I'm wondering if buying those, and coloring over the blue with red would make a very close match. I'm considering buying either... I'm not sure. I would like the black for a more 'stealth' look... or I might choose the blue and just go with the blue theme. The problem with the blue, is I'd have to match that blue to the helmet's paint colors. Hmm decisions. What do you think stigmorgan?

Hey, yes I'm still working on this, all be it very slowly, those pants look pretty good, personally I like the colour scheme but it's all a personal preference thing I guess. Personally I would go with the black pair and paint on the red. I looked at the red white and black pair for sale but they always have way too much red and white. I'm hoping to get a jacket soon but I'm being very fussy so it could take a while to find one similar that won't need much modifying.

View attachment 666944

I think you might be better off going with these... http://amzn.to/2es4Qmx
pants.PNG61N0v8FL32L._SL1408_.jpg

They are what I would go with.

As for that outfit... I thought about getting it but personally, if I am going to make an Arkham Knight Cosplay then I wanna go as authentic as possible.

I think you might be better off going with these... http://amzn.to/2es4Qmx
View attachment 674280View attachment 674281

They are what I would go with.

As for that outfit... I thought about getting it but personally, if I am going to make an Arkham Knight Cosplay then I wanna go as authentic as possible.
I've looked at those pants myself, too much white for my liking, I've been working on my suit for nearly 2 years now and while I want accuracy I am also at a point where I just want to get it finished, I would love to get the jacket made but that's a fairly expensive option and it's not easy finding someone to do it.

I don't know how many reference images you have but the main one I am studying (intensely) is this one.

ArkhamKnight.png

It is HUGE and extremely detailed. I am pretty sure that you will have to have the whole thing made.
I think I can probably make the armor parts, but I suck at sewing so I am out of luck for the moment with the rest of the suit.

ArkhamKnight.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how many reference images you have but the main one I am studying (intensely) is this one.

View attachment 676728

It is HUGE and extremely detailed. I am pretty sure that you will have to have the whole thing made.
I think I can probably make the armor parts, but I suck at sewing so I am out of luck for the moment with the rest of the suit.

I have most of the armour done now, I am looking into having the jacket made, for reference I was using every available Google image then I got my ps4 and bought the game, now I am using the 33inch tall sideshow collectibles exclusive statue for reference.

On a side note I have bought the rifle to go with my cosplay so hope to have that soon.

Small update, I have been looking into getting the rifle modelled and printed but the cost was getting a little more than I could justify, then I found a guy on Instagram who had one for sale that looks insanely accurate so I agreed to buy it :D
20161025_122356.png
Can't wait to recieve it

It's arrived
20161031_204459.jpg
Had to open it straight away
20161031_204823.jpg20161031_205223.jpg20161031_205231.jpg
Can ya tell what it is yet?

20161031_210110.jpg
That's right guys the arkham knight red hood sniper rifle (we can thank royal fail and parcel farce for the snapped barrel)

Guys go over to Instagram and check out creative stress I bought this from him and it is an amazing piece for a great price.

Major update guys, I have sorted the jacket, with great thanks to Steve from CrimsonCoscrafts who gave me the contact for where his jacket was made I have now placed my order with the jacket maker, I am requesting a couple of alterations to keep it more accurate to my statue.
Screenshot_20161105-120737.pngScreenshot_20161105-120751.png
The main change I want to make is the beige colour material, it should be a glossy black.
Once I get it (not sure how long that will be yet) I can start working on attaching the armour pieces and then look forwards to getting stuff painted.

Www.thejacketmaker.com it's a custom jacket so you would need to contact them about it as it is not on their main site.

Hey, Stig.

Thanks for the link.

I contacted them and they said:

Hello Logan,
Thank you for your interest in The Jacket Maker and writing to us. I look forward working with you on your custom order. The good news is, we already made Arkham Knight jacket for previous customers.

Unfortunately, the links they included were of a Red Hood jacket. Like this one.

JACKET.PNG

Is this the one you are getting made?

Thanks again

JACKET.PNG

Screenshot_20161105-120751.pngScreenshot_20161105-120737.png
This is what I'm getting except the beige will be gloss black on mine, it is a lot of money but having compared it to my statues the design is very accurate even if the colours are a little off. Having spent the last 2 years searching I can say for sure the only way you find better is to commission your own to be built to your requirements.

Also, bear in mind the red and white camouflage needs painting on the armour and buckles need attaching, all of which improve the looks alot. If you have Instagram check out CrimsonCoscrafts and graphic money they both have the jacket and I think they do look good apart from the beige parts.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back