UD Replicas Dark Knight with mods

I'm out of town at the moment, I'll take some pics of the cape attachment to give you guys a better look when I return.

Sorry about the delay, here's some pics to better explain it. The cape is mostly held by the snaps. There's a leather strip connecting the 2 snaps on each end underneath the first layer of the cape. The earth magnets are positioned to prevent the weight of the cape from pulling up and exposing the snaps. If you replace the leather strip with a hard enough material, say a hard plastic, you may not need the magnets.

Your suit looks AWESOME! I have both the Batman Begins and Dark Knight from UDR but I am still looking for a mesh hood.

Question: Did you mod your cowl in any way? I have the same one you had but condensation kept building up in the tip of the nose (it was a very hot day). I was thinking of punching holes at the bottom of the nose section so that I could breathe out of my nose. I'm open to suggestion if any one has one.

Thanks!

Sorry about the delay, here's some pics to better explain it. The cape is mostly held by the snaps. There's a leather strip connecting the 2 snaps on each end underneath the first layer of the cape. The earth magnets are positioned to prevent the weight of the cape from pulling up and exposing the snaps. If you replace the leather strip with a hard enough material, say a hard plastic, you may not need the magnets.

If possible, could you post a vid showing the mods you've made? Might make it easier for all of us

Your suit looks AWESOME! I have both the Batman Begins and Dark Knight from UDR but I am still looking for a mesh hood.

Question: Did you mod your cowl in any way? I have the same one you had but condensation kept building up in the tip of the nose (it was a very hot day). I was thinking of punching holes at the bottom of the nose section so that I could breathe out of my nose. I'm open to suggestion if any one has one.

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words. I asked Kevin to make holes in the nostrils of the cowl to alleviate this problem, doesn't solve it entirely but every bit helps. Should be easy to punch holes in your own cowl. I suggest bringing a small napkin to wipe your cowl's nose as it'll start dripping every once in a while if you're not in a cold environment.

Very, Very.......Bat-tastic! I love the UD rep for TDK, this will be on of my suits for riding and costume after I finish my Begins suit. Question, how do you like there utility belt? Is it made out of leather also? I am just trying to compare some belts, but I do like the finish look of UD's belt.

Thanks

Very, Very.......Bat-tastic! I love the UD rep for TDK, this will be on of my suits for riding and costume after I finish my Begins suit. Question, how do you like there utility belt? Is it made out of leather also? I am just trying to compare some belts, but I do like the finish look of UD's belt.

Thanks

UD's belt is ok. It's made of leather as well, very durable, and works for carrying around things (though the pouches can't fit anything larger than an iPhone), but not terribly screen accurate when looking at it within arms reach. I bought a urethane belt based on KB's V3 mold from a RPF member who did a run a couple months ago, looks much nicer up close and is durable enough for trooping. The downside is that I'll have to find another way to carry my wallet and phone with that belt. The UD belt is more durable than a urethane belt, hands down.

All my pics posted are with the UD leather belt. As you can see, from that distance, it looks pretty good.

Your mods really do look great, nice work you did there. I have been considering cutting out the neck on my UD suit as well. Just curious though, do you at all regret cutting the neck out, or are you glad that you did remove it?

Has anybody thought about cooling options in the cowl and mask? I havent figured it all out as yet but have an idea......its just a thought that was running through my mind. As UltimateCap pointed out in his review on youtube, it gets pretty hot and i live in the caribbean. I could try a small water resevoir that can be stored on the belt like a small buttpack and have a lattice work either pc cooling tubes(if only they made them like fiber optic cable) and use a small battery powered pump to pump water under the suit. Its worth a shot and it doesnt damage the suit at all. Only thing u have to worry about is getting wet if the hoses disconnect.

I also was curious if there might be a way to make a modification to the suit so that it would be possible to lift your hands up over your head? Besides that I absolutely love the suit, and highly recommend it!

I also was curious if there might be a way to make a modification to the suit so that it would be possible to lift your hands up over your head? Besides that I absolutely love the suit, and highly recommend it!

The only way I could see doing this is by removing the shock cord that connects the shoulder bell to the bicep. I think this would cause the the shoulder bell to move out of place too much. It may not be worth it to mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent tutorial, Third3ye! It really helped me dial in my suit. :)

Third3ye what size did you end up with for the pants and jacket from UD? I am going to give them a call today and put in an order.

I've made some upgrades to my costume along with getting a few more replica weapons, so I had a little fun this weekend taking some photos. Changes since the last round of pics are coofunkcurly's cowl and neck, and TheKingaSwing's rubber belt. Also credit to Andy W's EMP gun, lilz's sticky bomb gun, and UD Replica's flight pack.

SBGbest.jpg

SBG2.jpg

SBG1.jpg

SBGFPbest.jpg

SBGFP1.jpg

SBGFPkneeling.jpg

EMPbest.jpg

EMP1.jpg

EMP3.jpg

EMP2.jpg

Trying out the Kotobukiya figure pose
Kotopose.jpg

And then me having a little John Woo fun :lol
ridic1.jpg

ridic2.jpg

Lastly I couldn't resist ;)
gunsmeme.jpg

Last edited:
Btw, about attaching your cap, where can I find those snaps you used? Would Home Depot or something carry them?

The leather guy installed the snaps. You can buy the snaps anywhere, I bought a set on Amazon. But to install the snaps you'll need to puncture through the hard leather, takes special tools.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back