ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Are you able to make any comparisons to that standard line version or the earlier 501st fiberglass version?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I have the standard line version as well but it's boxed up and I won't have time to create images in the coming days. At first glance, the small rectangular details on the premier version are sharper because they're individually cast and installed. I believe that on the standard the were not separate pieces but I could be wrong. The fiberglass has nice weight, obviously. I like the metal grating detail in the mouth section. That's all I can say at this point. It's really nice.

I have the standard line version as well but it's boxed up and I won't have time to create images in the coming days. At first glance, the small rectangular details on the premier version are sharper because they're individually cast and installed. I believe that on the standard the were not separate pieces but I could be wrong. The fiberglass has nice weight, obviously. I like the metal grating detail in the mouth section. That's all I can say at this point. It's really nice.

Wow! The Premier FO helmet looks excellent! Mine shipped as well. Can't wait! Looks like another quality release from Anovos

- - - Updated - - -

I just received 3 shipping notice emails from Anovos. Poe black helmet, AT-ACT helmet, and Shadowtrooper helmet kit. I assume other products have arrived as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Black Poe helmet is shipping already? I have one on order as well but I wasn't in the first wave. Do share pics!

In our Death Trooper group on Facebook, one of our members just got his ANOVOS Death Trooper helmet last week. It had the quality control sticker on it, etc. however it looked like it had been a return. Out of the box "It was dirty, dusty, dull, was missing paint in the brow seam, had scratches on the brow, and a pretty large scratch on the dome."
He had placed his order back in April.
A damn shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does a shipping notice from Anovos look like? Not enough folks have seen this.
I understand the frustration in the delays, especially for certain products, but Anovos has shipped lots of products. Now one of the long delayed products (Shadowtrooper helmet kit) will finally be shipped. There are more long delayed products yet to ship.

I understand the frustration in the delays, especially for certain products, but Anovos has shipped lots of products. Now one of the long delayed products (Shadowtrooper helmet kit) will finally be shipped. There are more long delayed products yet to ship.

You make a reassuring point. But as we here in this fan/ prop community are being asked to have patience for a quality product, what remains is a customer service element at Anovos who, while some are accusing them of being actually deliberately misleading, are totally disconnected in what they say from what is actually going on over there. We here are calling on Anovos to effing stop that and have some respect and understanding back to us here. I will be patient when their customer service and shipping calendars reflect a professional degree of accuracy. HUGE NOTE: I am not coming down on you specifically, ggriffaw - I simply love that you said what you said and I am engaging that point to publicly make a further point: just all part of the discussion. This company needs to start saying 1 or 2 years at the time of ordering - they have no argument against that: including concerns over the potential loss of business.

IF what you say here means you have information that they are somehow/ some way catching up, then that is very reassuring too. I would very much love for them to succeed.

Again, thanks for making this point - if they are making an effort to catch up instead of cash in, it should indeed be recognized. And better publicized.

You make a reassuring point. But as we here in this fan/ prop community are being asked to have patience for a quality product, what remains is a customer service element at Anovos who, while some are accusing them of being actually deliberately misleading, are totally disconnected in what they say from what is actually going on over there. We here are calling on Anovos to effing stop that and have some respect and understanding back to us here. I will be patient when their customer service and shipping calendars reflect a professional degree of accuracy. HUGE NOTE: I am not coming down on you specifically, ggriffaw - I simply love that you said what you said and I am engaging that point to publicly make a further point: just all part of the discussion. This company needs to start saying 1 or 2 years at the time of ordering - they have no argument against that: including concerns over the potential loss of business.

IF what you say here means you have information that they are somehow/ some way catching up, then that is very reassuring too. I would very much love for them to succeed.

Again, thanks for making this point - if they are making an effort to catch up instead of cash in, it should indeed be recognized. And better publicized.
I agree the communication has had issues. The updates on the Shipping Calendar page aren't frequent enough. For several of the products I have on order they sent an email with a status update less than a week before sending the shipping notice email. The Shipping Calendar page does not have these updates. For other products I have on order there have been no recent email updates so I have no idea when these may ship. It could be a few weeks, months, or years. They could do a much better job on status updates.

I had three long delayed products on order. The Stormtrooper helmet kit, Shadowtrooper helmet kit, and Vader Wingman TIE Pilot helmet. The Stormtrooper helmet kit has been shipped. The Shadowtrooper helmet kit will arrive next week. Unfortunately no recent updates for the Vader Wingman helmet. Delivery of two of those products along with shipping notices for more recent products gives me reassurance that they are making progress on producing and delivering products. Unfortunately they aren't very good with status updates.

I know there are a few other products with long delays like the Snowtrooper and some ensembles.

I have no idea how accurate estimates can be for the time between when a shipment leaves the manufacturer to when the product will be shipped to the customer. That is probably a fairly long time with multiple possible points of delay.

It would be a bigger concern if there were no signs of products being produced and delivered. They are producing and shipping many products. Improved status communication would help greatly to ease concerns with delays.

I do see cracking in the clear coat. There also was some glue like substance that looked like damage. I was able to peel some off around the bridge of the chin. I'll share some nice pics and also a few of the cracking...

And I will also say that I think the premier FO Stormtrooper is built much better than Phasma.

Issue0.jpgIssue3.jpgIssue1.jpgIMG_0655.jpgIMG_0645.jpgIMG_0663.jpgIMG_0657.jpg

I know the newer stuff is shipping, but i have to say, i'm starting to get pretty pissed at the Tie Pilot helmet. You had multiple people throwing fits over the had solo belt taking this long and they came out and gave those people something for their wait in the droid caller. In 5 weeks time my order will have hit the 3 year mark. I think it's pretty safe to say that's unacceptable and deserves, at the absolute LEAST some sort of explanation and apology. There's been nothing said about it the entire time other than constantly moving the shipping date back repeatedly.

I know they don't comment hear any longer, but hopefully the read it.

I've backed them left and and right from the get go. But i'm certainly headed to the no more pre-order size of the equation. I don't ask for much, but I do ask for a decent explanation and apology at the very least when it's been THREE YEARS!

I know the newer stuff is shipping, but i have to say, i'm starting to get pretty pissed at the Tie Pilot helmet. You had multiple people throwing fits over the had solo belt taking this long and they came out and gave those people something for their wait in the droid caller. In 5 weeks time my order will have hit the 3 year mark. I think it's pretty safe to say that's unacceptable and deserves, at the absolute LEAST some sort of explanation and apology. There's been nothing said about it the entire time other than constantly moving the shipping date back repeatedly.

I know they don't comment hear any longer, but hopefully the read it.

I've backed them left and and right from the get go. But i'm certainly headed to the no more pre-order size of the equation. I don't ask for much, but I do ask for a decent explanation and apology at the very least when it's been THREE YEARS!
I agree they should do something for any orders that take multiple years unless that is stated up front. A three + year wait is way too long and should not be expected.

On the positive side, most of the more recent products ship in a pretty reasonable amount of time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Minus the cracks that is one of my all time favorite buckets.... sure hope we see more of her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minus the cracks that is one of my all time favorite buckets.... sure hope we see more of her

Ohhh... We're gonna. :) In the meantime, check out the Captain Phasma miniseries from Marvel. Covers her time between TFA and TLJ.

As for me... I have the Standard Line First Order Stormtrooper on pre-order using their payment plan (less of a hit, and I can schedule the payments out to -- or past -- the projected ready-to-ship estimate). I don't know if they're going to make their Fall 2017 projection. Last thing the folks on the ground in L.A. knew, the parts should arrive at their US warehouse by the end of this month (October). I'll be surprised if they do, given the test pulls were deemed too soft and the forming bucks were re-done in steel to capture sharper detail. That saw the estimate bump from Summer to Fall. We'll see. It'd be nice to have it in time to get it together for the opening of TLJ, but I won't die or lose my job or go to jail if my costume kit is delayed. This is the risk I knowingly take with something that isn't being sold from on-hand stock. With the original pre-orders, there wasn't even a prototype yet (I don't count the demonstration items that were borrowed from other sources to generate interest -- they weren't the actual product being sold). That approach was to gauge interest and then build to suit. It also opened things up to any number of unforeseen obstacles, as they've learned.

As people have pointed out, they've been getting ever better with their more recent offerings, and unexpected delays seem to still be delaying earlier ones. I don't lay it on any vendor if I have a deadline -- or even a simple preference -- to get a costume done by a particular date. The only part of the process I can control is at my end. I've gotten good results with ANOVOS by being patient and understanding. It would never occur to me to get pissy with them -- even if there were issues with things like a refund that I would never ask for. *shrug*

--Jonah

Fiberglass "Premier Line" versus plastic standard versions for the other two.

Blasted fiberglass. And I never realized their shipping was so much, lol. It comes to like $754 in the cart. :wacko I pretty much ruined a BS mod, so I'm really torn about from where to get one of these. Anovos and PewPew (Etsy) seem to be the only two places selling accurate versions atm.

Are all the Phasmas having issues? Mine looked fine but is stored in its box for now. May need to go get it and do quality check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anovos being a bit cheeky again!
Ordered a helmet through the ‘Not at the Con’ promotion which ended last Sunday- got 10% off.
Had I waited 2 days for their ‘Halloween’ promotion, I could have got the same item with 15% off!
Naughty Anovos!

Anovos being a bit cheeky again!
Ordered a helmet through the ‘Not at the Con’ promotion which ended last Sunday- got 10% off.
Had I waited 2 days for their ‘Halloween’ promotion, I could have got the same item with 15% off!
Naughty Anovos!
It isn't unusual for them to have better discounts on holidays. If there is a holiday coming up, I would wait until that day. The sale should be at least as good as the not-at-the-con discounts. Of course there is a risk of the item no longer being in stock if you wait.

It isn't unusual for them to have better discounts on holidays. If there is a holiday coming up, I would wait until that day. The sale should be at least as good as the not-at-the-con discounts. Of course there is a risk of the item no longer being in stock if you wait.

I always check Entertainment Earth to see if they are carrying it. They don't charge a handling fee and usually have free shipping. That often makes it cheaper
than buying it directly though Anovos even with a discount.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back