BTTF 1 - found: George McFly's 1955 alarm clock; searching for: his 1955 wristwatch

Re: BTTF 1 - found: George McFly's 1955 alarm clock; searching for: his 1955 wristwat

Come on guys! Get a room! :lol

Hope I'm not actually offending either one of you! You two do definately share a passion for BTTF. And It's AWESOME! :thumbsup

Re: BTTF 1 - found: George McFly's 1955 alarm clock; searching for: his 1955 wristwat

We do! We might be the only 2 crazy ones for wanting to have everything from bttf xD

I'm sure there are more crazy people like us. They just don't dare. :lol

... Hope I'm not actually offending either one of you! ...

If I was Emma, the only thing why I would feel offended, is because you called her a guy! :D

If I was Emma, the only thing why I would feel offended, is because you called her a guy! :D

Touché! :lol Sorry Emma!
Anyway, back to the awesomeness that is Back to the Future, or something. :wacko

Haha oh well "guys" often refer to a "bunch" of people, boys or girls :p So no harm caused :p

Not only a chance! I WILL do that. :) I bought two of those clocks. One in a very good condition (the one on my photo above) and one with a damaged and yellowed face/dial, which I've removed. But it's still good enough for scanning and redrawing it (without the brand name, of course).

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=127140&stc=1&d=1353019979

Roland, Did you ever happen to scan and redraw the clock face without the westclox name?

BTTF 1 - found: George McFly's 1955 alarm clock; searching for: his 1955 wris...

Yesterday I got my Westclox Bingo Style 3 alarm clock, which is exactly the same type as seen in BTTF 1 on George McFly's nightstand 1955. The only difference is: the movie clock has no brand name on the face. Some trivia: this type of clocks was produced from 1962 - 1979. George must be a time traveller too! :lol

Movie screen shot:

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126889&stc=1&d=1352902097

At least they got the model plane year correct
It's a 54 Revell Boeing B-29 Giant Superfortress
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/193921-revell-h-208-98-boeing-b-29-giant-superfortress

Just in case you want that on your nightstand too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I got my Westclox Bingo Style 3 alarm clock, which is exactly the same type as seen in BTTF 1 on George McFly's nightstand 1955. The only difference is: the movie clock has no brand name on the face. Some trivia: this type of clocks was produced from 1962 - 1979. George must be a time traveller too! :lol

Movie screen shot:

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126889&stc=1&d=1352902097

My clock:

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126890&stc=1&d=1352902097

Now I'm searching for the exact brand and type of George's 1955 wristwatch. It's also seen on the nightstand screen shot and in a few other scenes, but it's small and hard to identify. Any watch experts here on the board?

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126892&stc=1&d=1352902670 http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126891&stc=1&d=1352902670

Hi Roland, sorry to bother you but I managed to get the white clocks of George’s! it’s in good shape and it also works... I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on how to remove the “WESTCLOX” from the face... also I don’t want to damage it, so do you have any tips on opening the clock (I know it opens fron the face/front) thank you in advance for any help.... thanks :)

Attachments

• CD289F25-5AEC-44FF-BEE4-9AAEDA736012.jpeg
    CD289F25-5AEC-44FF-BEE4-9AAEDA736012.jpeg
    570.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

Hi @Roland, sorry to bother you but I managed to get the white clocks of George’s! it’s in good shape and it also works... I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on how to remove the “WESTCLOX” from the face... also I don’t want to damage it, so do you have any tips on opening the clock (I know it opens fron the face/front) thank you in advance for any help.... thanks :)

Congratulations! It's a nice little clock. :)

I never had plans to remove the Westclox letters, so my clock still has them. To be honest, I really don't know how to properly remove them without destroying the clock. :$

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations! It's a nice little clock. :)

I never had plans to remove the Westclox letters, so my clock still has them. To be honest, I really don't know how to properly remove them without destroying the clock. :$

Looking at the clock,the face can be removed to get to the hands (the face is held on by 3 clips 1 at the top and 2 at the bottom)! Once the face is off I guess it’s just a matter of taking the hands off to get to the face with the numbers on.... then it’s a matter of scanning the face with the numbers on, remove the westclox digitally, re print it then put it all back together.....

BUT lol the clock is so old I don’t want to damage it trying... so I might just leave it alone;) thanks for the message back :)

I have actually two of these Westclox clocks. My second one is in a very poor condition (broken parts and yellowed surface). My plan with this clock was the same as yours: removing the face, scanning it and replacing it by a new one without Westclox letters, but since its condition is really poor, I never felt like doing it. So I still have my first clock, which looks like new, and I don't want to ruin it.

I have actually two of these Westclox clocks. My second one is in a very poor condition (broken parts and yellowed surface). My plan with this clock was the same as yours: removing the face, scanning it and replacing it by a new one without Westclox letters, but since its condition is really poor, I never felt like doing it. So I still have my first clock, which looks like new, and I don't want to ruin it.
If you ever do open your second clock it would be interesting to see/know how easy it is to get into etc.... but I don’t blame you for not risking opening them, I think I’ll just leave mine alone:)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back